• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Nabs

I hope they give Wally something good at the start of the season.They could start the season by giving Barry the Speedforce b-plot, and the rest of the team something cool, like the introduction of Fanboy Eobard. It wouldn't take long to pull off and resolve, and it could easily stretch out to 3 or so episodes if they wanted.

I just watched the finale last night, and while I enjoyed it (the last 3 episodes made up for what was a poor season for me), I have two questions:

1. Tracy recognised Harry as looking like HR. Does this mean that they both have the face changing devices, or that a woman with a strong interest in science was dating a guy who looked like world famous maniac and cause of the particle accelerator explosion Harrison Wells, and didn't question it? I can't remember if they explained that when she was introduced.

2. How did
Iris shoot Savitar-Barry
? He was running away from her.

Joni

I wonder if this means every season after will have Wally West as The Flash or Barry will come back eventually.

He'll be back eventually. If by eventually you mean very likely October.

Tracy recognised Harry as looking like HR. Does this mean that they both have the face changing devices, or that a woman with a strong interest in science was dating a guy who looked like world famous maniac and cause of the particle accelerator explosion Harrison Wells, and didn't question it? I can't remember if they explained that when she was introduced.

They explained it very briefly. She always knew HR looked like Harrison Wells. What they didn't explain is when he stopped using the face changer.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Insider scoop:
somebody hot/teen star

Do not, I repeat do not report that to any outlets

BleedingCool has already printed it as the 5th paragraph in a series of 6 paragraphs that otherwise run with every other piece of news about the Flash.

KonradLaw

I'm avoiding this thread, because I've yet to finish the season, but I thought that's a cool news to share:

CW’s Flash, Supergirl Getting Tie-In Novels
http://www.cbr.com/cw-flash-supergirl-middle-grade-novels/
The Flash: Hocus Pocus will be penned by Bang author Barry Lyga, and will be set in a timeline where Flashpoint never happened. The book will follow Barry Allen (a.k.a. The Flash) as he goes up against Hocus Pocus, a mysterious villain who can control the minds of Central City’s citizens — and soon, the Scarlet Speedster himself. Lucky for Barry, Team Flash is on hand to stop him before he does the unthinkable.
DBHmKZgUQAAL47n.jpg

Barry Lyga is excellent writer, so those could be really good. Also, while the news outlets only name one novel, in reality he's going to write a trilogy.

caliph95

The Flash: Hocus Pocus will be penned by Bang author Barry Lyga, and will be set in a timeline where Flashpoint never happened
I would like to live in that time line.

Snarkiness aside this does sounds interesting but i don't i ever read tie-in novels fro Tv shows before. Though might considering if the author is acclaimed .

Watched zero of the show live this season. Just finished it on Netflix. Didn't find any of it to be terrible. And while there were points where I was watching I thought, "I wonder what the general reaction to ____ live was" looks like I didn't miss much.

Figured the face changing tech would come into play the moment they showed HR holding the gun on Savitar but not firing it. It was just too convenient a little easter egg early on in the season not to be used in the final twist. Loved Wally as Kid Flash. Glad they put to bed the majority of his brooding for this season. Jesse Quick was cool too. Interested in seeing how they resolve Caitlyn Frost. Gypsy is awesome and it's about time Cisco gets an awesome love interest.

Don't miss Patty one bit and had honestly forgotten about her completely. It would be cool to bring Linda back somehow too. Bout to give Arrow S5 a look but I'm pretty confident Flash continues to be the best of the Flashverse shows.

LotusHD

Banned
Watched zero of the show live this season. Just finished it on Netflix. Didn't find any of it to be terrible. And while there were points where I was watching I thought, "I wonder what the general reaction to ____ live was" looks like I didn't miss much.

Figured the face changing tech would come into play the moment they showed HR holding the gun on Savitar but not firing it. It was just too convenient a little easter egg early on in the season not to be used in the final twist. Loved Wally as Kid Flash. Glad they put to bed the majority of his brooding for this season. Jesse Quick was cool too. Interested in seeing how they resolve Caitlyn Frost. Gypsy is awesome and it's about time Cisco gets an awesome love interest.

Don't miss Patty one bit and had honestly forgotten about her completely. It would be cool to bring Linda back somehow too. Bout to give Arrow S5 a look but I'm pretty confident Flash continues to be the best of the Flashverse shows.

giphy.gif

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

I think you're gonna be in for a total shock.

I think you're gonna be in for a total shock.

I noticed the underlying commentary that seemed to indicate a lot of people disliked Flash S3. I didn't though. At all.

Maybe Arrow beats it. I'll find out soon enough. Flash is just great all around though and I'm not sure Arrow can shake it's absolute love of forced melodrama. First 4 minutes of Ep 1 already has a moment of stupid and unnecessary that's ripe to backfire.

ShadyK54

giphy.gif

Jokes aside, I loved S5, so I hope you like it!

LotusHD

Banned
I noticed the underlying commentary that seemed to indicate a lot of people disliked Flash S3. I didn't though. At all.

Maybe Arrow beats it. I'll find out soon enough. Flash is just great all around though and I'm not sure Arrow can shake it's absolute love of forced melodrama. First 4 minutes of Ep 1 already has a moment of stupid and unnecessary that's ripe to backfire.

This is uhh, not exclusive to Arrow lol

ZeroX03

Banned

There's an entire thread of people who'd disagree with you.

Arrow S5 is the GOAT.

LotusHD

Banned
Didn't say it was. All these shows have melodrama. Arrow is the most flagrant with it though. S3 and 4 were especially egregious.

I just felt like that's silly to say considering all the stuff Flash S3 went through. It's just one of those things where I'm like, why bother pointing it out when they do it lol

Except for the CW talks, somehow Flash is far more annoying with that.

---

Oh yea, Legends S2 was better too.

There's an entire thread of people who'd disagree with you.

Arrow S5 is the GOAT.

Ok.... I already said I haven't watched S5 yet. Just talking about expectations. I'll post my thoughts in the Arrow thread when I finish S5, just as I did here.

I just felt like that's silly to say considering all the stuff Flash S3 went through. It's just one of those things where I'm like, why bother pointing it out when they do it lol

Except for the CW talks, somehow Flash is far more annoying with that.

---

Oh yea, Legends S2 was better too.

Flash S3 is nowhere near as bad with the melodrama as Arrow S3 and 4 were. And I didn't find any of the melodrama in Flash S3 grating at all. Saw Legends S1 and 2 when 2 popped up on Netflix earlier this year. Doesn't beat Flash at all. Except in its campiness.

Did you only watch Flash and Supergirl this year?

I didn't watch any shows live this year. Watched Legends S2 and Flash S4 so far. I watched about 4 eps of Supergirl S1 live when it aired and wrote that off. Nothing anyone says can convince me to revisit it. Just started Arrow S5.

LotusHD

Banned
Doesn't beat Flash at all. Except in its campiness.

Well, opinions and all that I suppose.

I didn't watch any shows live this year. Watched Legends S2 and Flash S4 so far. I watched about 4 eps of Supergirl S1 live when it aired and wrote that off. Nothing anyone says can convince me to revisit it. Just started Arrow S5.

I don't blame you.

ZeroX03

Banned
Flash S3 is nowhere near as bad with the melodrama as Arrow S3 and 4 were. And I didn't find any of the melodrama in Flash S3 grating at all. Saw Legends S1 and 2 when 2 popped up on Netflix earlier this year. Doesn't beat Flash at all. Except in its campiness.

Ah, you're drunk.

Joni

I liked Arrow S3 and S4 better because I actually liked the couple more, the comic relief didn't become a drag and the villain was good. Flash had none of that this year. It also didn't need the hero to fail to have the villains of the week win.

we should consider having the individual threads locked in favor of bumping the DCTV community thread
Should ask the mods to link that topic then on their closing posts.

GulAtiCa

Hahaha, yeah.. Flash this year was among the worst of the 4 shows. Maybe better than Supergirl, though kinda second guessing that.

I still enjoyed Flash this year for most part, but Arrow and Legends were way beyond good in comparison.

I went back and watched the ending of the penultimate episode this season and, I gotta say, it's very well produced. The slow-mo + Iris' video + the song in the back all came together really well. That moment was probably better than anything in the finale, unfortunately

ZeroX03

Banned
Rewatching Season 1 and I gotta be honest, I miss Eddie. He was a really great character.

One of my favorite scenes in the entire series is #1.18 (the bees!) with Barry, Eddie and Joe cruising around catching criminals together at the start. Just them having a whole lot of fun catching bad guys.

Hey guys, not looking at any other posts here but I've got a question. Just started watching season 3 on Netflix. I've gotten to the Invasion episode. If I skip over this am I going to miss anything important to the show? I know it's weird, but I don't watch any of the CW-verse shows, just Flash. Not terribly interested in hunting down those series and then the specific episodes on Netflix. However, if it contains story that is important to the rest of Flash, I'll go ahead and do it.

Not sure exactly how I'm feeling about this season so far. I go back and forth with the new Wells (mostly dislike him, but I feel like you're supposed to), the British guy being Alchemy was super obvious. I was hoping he wouldn't turn out to be him. Maybe this will be explained, but I have no idea why Caitlyn's power is making her evil like she was on Earth 2, whereas Cysco's powers do nothing towards changing his personality. On the other hand, I'm glad to have the show back. In general it's feel good entertainment and it knows it.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hey guys, not looking at any other posts here but I've got a question. Just started watching season 3 on Netflix. I've gotten to the Invasion episode. If I skip over this am I going to miss anything important to the show? I know it's weird, but I don't watch any of the CW-verse shows, just Flash. Not terribly interested in hunting down those series and then the specific episodes on Netflix. However, if it contains story that is important to the rest of Flash, I'll go ahead and do it.

Not sure exactly how I'm feeling about this season so far. I go back and forth with the new Wells (mostly dislike him, but I feel like you're supposed to), the British guy being Alchemy was super obvious. I was hoping he wouldn't turn out to be him. Maybe this will be explained, but I have no idea why Caitlyn's power is making her evil like she was on Earth 2, whereas Cysco's powers do nothing towards changing his personality. On the other hand, I'm glad to have the show back. In general it's feel good entertainment and it knows it.

The Invasion episode does come back to be somewhat important in later episodes, but I'm pretty sure you can intuit what's happened (they beat the aliens lol). Plus the Arrow episode will make no sense to you, it's almost entirely dedicated to that show's history.

The Invasion episode does come back to be somewhat important in later episodes, but I'm pretty sure you can intuit what's happened (they beat the aliens lol). Plus the Arrow episode will make no sense to you, it's almost entirely dedicated to that show's history.

Alright, thanks for the quick reply! Guess I'll just watch the Flash episode of it and keep moving on.

It resolves the emo Cisco arc and sets up some concepts for the big bad later in the season, that's about it.

Catching up with everything on Netflix. Finished ep 18
When Barry says "i gotta run to the future"
giphy.gif

And that Caitlin scene at end😮😑😮

ZeroX03

Banned
Zoom and Savitar both got progressively less scary as the season continued, then the identity reveal just drained their intimidation away.

Prometheus started a little goofy (mostly the outfit), and became terrifying with the reveals.

What I suspect they'll do with The Thinker next season is to start him off as barely a threat, maybe even a joke (Trio style!) and build him up through the team underestimating him. Or just make him fifty steps ahead.

caliph95

Zoom and Savitar both got progressively less scary as the season continued, then the identity reveal just drained their intimidation away.

Prometheus started a little goofy (mostly the outfit), and became terrifying with the reveals.

What I suspect they'll do with The Thinker next season is to start him off as barely a threat, maybe even a joke (Trio style!) and build him up through the team underestimating him. Or just make him fifty steps ahead.

It probably helps thatwe have Rpometheus doing stuff.

While Zoom fucks off (even if he has a good reason not to kill barry) does nothing but sends mooks

Savitar does the same (i never found him intimidating) fucks off most of the time and just brag how much of a god he is and because of the dumb Iris plot couldn't do anything until the writers decide he can do something. He doesn't even uses his cult anymore when he escapes you would think since he wants to be a god he would use his cult to spread his word or gain power. Nope they do nothing after he escapes and he fucks off and waits for the climax

Top Bottom