• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S4 |OT| Think Fast

ZeroX03

Banned
There was a new interview that went up, they were saying that him being in the speedforce will be like a reset on the character and they will try to make him comic book accurate. Idk a lot of thebstuff from the interviews seems like they really are trying to improve for this season.

This (more at link) from a few weeks back?
Andrew Kreisberg explains that his time in the Speed Force has actually had a really positive effect on him as well. ”The most important thing about Barry this year is that the experience of being in the Speed Force was a bit of a baptism for him. The premiere episode is called ‘The Flash Reborn' and Barry, in a way, has been born again," Kreisberg says, noting that the title doesn't mean the show is following the The Flash: Rebirth story line from the comics. ”His experience in there has really washed away a lot of his sins and cleansed him of a lot of his doubts, his fears, and his guilts, and it really is leaving him free and clear to just have an open road and a fresh start. He really loves being The Flash again."

Barry's ability to forgive himself is also the next step in the superhero's evolution. ”It's not in the titles, but every one of these shows — whether it's Supergirl, Arrow, or Flash — it really is like Arrow Begins, Flash Begins, and Supergirl Begins," Kreisberg says. ”Now it's season 4 and he's really become The Flash in the comic books, the one who really is in full mastery of his skills and has the emotional maturity that he has in the comics."

Who the fuck wants comic accurate Barry? I assume they mean more like Wally-era Flash, or maybe they improved Barry in Rebirth, I haven't been keeping up. Also here's a very minor spoiler via TVLine:

Question: How will The Flash's Barry react to Iris being
the team leader at S.T.A.R. Labs
?
Ausiello:
”I think he loves" that Iris is now leading the charge, showrunner Todd Helbing says. But upon his return from the Speed Force, ”it's a new dynamic that he's walking into, so there's a big learning curve. It's not just Cisco and Wells behind the command station, it's the woman he loves. It's going to take a bit of time for him to get used to that."

MartyStu

Who the fuck wants comic accurate Barry? I assume they mean more like Wally-era Flash, or maybe they improved Barry in Rebirth, I haven't been keeping up. Also here's a very minor spoiler via TVLine:

Wait, we are getting boss bitch Iris?

Assertive Iris was the best thing about Earth 2.

Man why is facebook always posting old stuff, yeah that was it. My bad, I mean as long as they make Barry less stupid Im all for it.

ZeroX03

Banned
Wait, we are getting boss bitch Iris?

Assertive Iris was the best thing about Earth 2.

Here's hoping!

Man why is facebook always posting old stuff, yeah that was it. My bad, I mean as long as they make Barry less stupid Im all for it.

CinemaBlend just posted it as a new article six hours ago, citing their old article saying the same thing, which cited an old EW article. Don't worry about it.

So that's how we get a solo Barry Allen by having Iris West-Allen taking the charge at S.T.A.R. Labs!

Inb4 the first 30 minutes:

Iris: it's okay Crisco I'll go talk to Barry.
*Iris West-Allen enters the hallway*

Near the end of the episode:

Barry: guys..... What do I do? How do I beat *insert bad guy*?

caliph95

So that's how we get a solo Barry Allen by having Iris West-Allen taking the charge at S.T.A.R. Labs!

Inb4 the first 30 minutes:

Iris: it's okay Crisco I'll go talk to Barry.
*Iris West-Allen enters the hallway*

Near the end of the episode:

Barry: guys..... What do I do? How do I beat *insert bad guy*?

*Insert guest character or teammate here*: *Insert episode relevant speech*

Run faster than you ever had Barry

Run Barry Run

*Insert guest character or teammate here*: *Insert episode relevant speech*

Run faster than you ever had Barry

Run Barry Run

LMAO. Yeah..... I'm not setting my expectations too high (if there was any to begin with lol). I'm just here for the Speed Force shenanigans, the crossovers, and the various metahumans causing a ruckus. If I get that I can tolerate the other stuff.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I hope so the show needs a rebound badly

Maybe Flash will actually listen to the speedforce

If Arrow's trajectory is anything to go by, Flash season 5 is going to be 🔥🔥🔥 (in a good way).

caliph95

If Arrow's trajectory is anything to go by, Flash season 5 is going to be 🔥🔥🔥 (in a good way).
Arrow had two good seasons then two bad than one good

Flash had one and a half and one had

Maybe 4 will be half and half to fully copy Arro

Watching the re-run of the season 3 finale right now on the CW, and I was thinking,
could HR have been save by Flash speeding to a nearby hospital? I mean HR could still talk, breathe, think, and all that for a little while before he died.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Arrow had two good seasons then two bad than one good

Flash had one and a half and one bad

Maybe 4 will be half and half to fully copy Arrow

What if the good half will be with Wally being the lead Flash(unless they goofily bring Barry back within one episode)?

Wow the CW shows are back on already?

I didn't even actually finish Flash, Arrow, or Legends. Got about half way through and got burnt out on them.

Supergirl was the only thing I kept going with.

LionPride

Banned

I didn't even actually finish Flash, Arrow, or Legends. Got about half way through and got burnt out on them.

You ain't finish Arrow or Legends, the two good CWDC shows

But you finished the one that started out super strong and glided to a fucking horrendous middle and end post crossover?

jwk94

Watching the re-run of the season 3 finale right now on the CW, and I was thinking,
could HR have been save by Flash speeding to a nearby hospital? I mean HR could still talk, breathe, think, and all that for a little while before he died.
Maybe Barry will go back in time this season to find out!

Acidote

Now that I think about it, I've abandoned all those CW shows. I really want to return to Flash if it has improved, we'll see in a few weeks.

Does remind me of the explanation for why Quicksilver is an asshole

vmWQ7O0.jpg

I remember this issue well. This single page totally changed my opinion of the character at the time.

This assumes that Barry has common sense.

GulAtiCa

I would say that Barry is the 2nd dumbest fucker ever, only 2nd to Wally. Wally releasing Savitar the way he did puts him ahead..

Wally at least is suppose to be niaeve & young to all this. Barry still a dumb dumb.

Sephzilla

Oh man, just hit the crossover episode from season 2 during my revisit and I was pretty quickly reminded of how grating Felicity can be. Also, these crossover episodes always feel really rushed to me.

Keym

I would say that Barry is the 2nd dumbest fucker ever, only 2nd to Wally. Wally releasing Savitar the way he did puts him ahead..

Wally at least is suppose to be niaeve & young to all this. Barry still a dumb dumb.
Dude got struck by lightning, give him a break!

caliph95

*omg Why is Iris such a bitch now, she's not the real hero*

In seriousness though having Iris doing something besides being delegated to damsel or hanger on will be great

Don't know why you would think that

6brhzvs10azy.jpg
That savatar reveal was a let down to me last season. Idk who I wanted it to be lol, but wasn't feeling the reveal
Oh man, just hit the crossover episode from season 2 during my revisit and I was pretty quickly reminded of how grating Felicity can be. Also, these crossover episodes always feel really rushed to me.
The first flash/super girl crossover was a let down to me. They were building up the villains character on supergirl for a couple episodes and it just ended kinda flat. I think this crossover did happen kind of last minute though I think

X-Frame

I did the same thing with the Flash S3 as I did for Arrow S4 and that was not come back to continue watching after the mid-season finale.

I then skipped straight to Arrow S5 after being caught up and was fine. I don't see myself watching the end of Flash S3 given how I was losing interest with each episode and plus the reception of how the season ended.

Looking forward to a "fresh" start though.

caliph95

That savatar reveal was a let down to me last season. Idk who I wanted it to be lol, but wasn't feeling the reveal

The first flash/super girl crossover was a let down to me. They were building up the villains character on supergirl for a couple episodes and it just ended kinda flat. I think this crossover did happen kind of last minute though I think
Think my problem with the reveal is that they took way too long to do so and cocktails teased the audience too much

The break didn't help

It went too long that I no longer cared whi it was and wanted them to just reveal it doesn't help the season felt it was wasting it's time and spinning it's wheels

I need more Noctis Hairstyle Barry Allen. I wonder if Earth-X Nazi Flash dons the hairstyle?

My issue with Savitar was that the teasing was too damn long. Most of the regulars in here figured out who Savitar was once he kept harping on about being, "I am the Future, Flash." They tried to play it off like the reveal was going to be grandeur and awesome, and what we got was just zzzzzz. We get it, he's from the future, get on with who he is and let's get this show on the Speed Force road.

It was the best when they revealed that, when he wasn't the threat of the week, Savitar wasn't plotting or setting things up or anything; he was just kneeling in a warehouse.

caliph95

At least we know that Savitar was kneeling instead of using his cult to gain power

Now what was Zoom doing when he fuck offs nowhere

Always love it when Barry gets destroyed and dragged throughout the city. Barry did indeed learn alot of shit from Zoom.

Zoom was off building his Magnitar, I think. That and we in here have made it canon that he was also eating a shitload of Big Belly Burgers in his off time.

Always love it when Barry gets destroyed and dragged throughout the city. Barry did indeed learn alot of shit from Zoom.

Zoom was off building his Magnitar, I think. That and we in here have made it canon that he was also eating a shitload of Big Belly Burgers in his off time.
Lmao, Barry really got destroyed in that gif.

ZeroX03

Banned
But outside of creating new Metas (which was Flashpoint/the stone, it led to nothing like the rest of his back story.

Yeah basically.

It was literally “it was a thing in the comics, we’ll do it here”. He wanted to be a God so he couldn’t be timeline erased I suppose, they made that a thing at the last minute.

Magwik

Banned
Yeah basically.

It was literally “it was a thing in the comics, we’ll do it here”. He wanted to be a God so he couldn’t be timeline erased I suppose, they made that a thing at the last minute.
I'm like 99% just salty over Flashpoint

Top Bottom