• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2011/2012 Off-Season Thread |OT| The Year of the Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septimius

Thanks. I am so very excited and very cautious about Mercedes this year. I so want things to go right for Nico and Michael. They'd both deserve it, but I'm mostly concerned for Schumacher, since it'd be a shame if his comeback could ever only be positively reviewed as "a good attempt, but the car wasn't good enough". But then again, I think he might stick around to 2013.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Thanks. I am so very excited and very cautious about Mercedes this year. I so want things to go right for Nico and Michael. They'd both deserve it, but I'm mostly concerned for Schumacher, since it'd be a shame if his comeback could ever only be positively reviewed as "a good attempt, but the car wasn't good enough". But then again, I think he might stick around to 2013.
He'll certainly want to stick around as the personnel that Merc have recruited this past year are quite impressive and the fruits of their labours will certainly make for a very interesting few years. They may well be title contenders in 2013/2014.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mclaren & Lotus side by side
13314.jpg

Road

Lol

Poll: Which of the 2012 cars do you like the look of the most?
McLaren (81%)
Ferrari (8%)
Lotus (4%)
Red Bull (3%)
Force India (2%)
Other (2%)
by skysportswebed 8:47 AM

I'm rooting for McLaren this year just because of the car situation.

I'm that shallow.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Edmond Dantès;34933459 said:
Season's close, have you thought of a name for the 2012 thread?

I Know you'll blow us all away again with your fantastic OP. :)

That picture should be the title.

Leunam

Edmond Dantès;34933459 said:
Season's close, have you thought of a name for the 2012 thread?

I Know you'll blow us all away again with your fantastic OP. :)

I was thinking about something referring to the duck nose. I do, however, like your suggestion. That's in the lead for now.

I'll be working on the graphics and info next week. I'll definitely get input from people here so now is a good time to think up a title and present them later. :)

Bo-Locks

Will there be an F1 competition game like last year? (I can't remember what it's called) I wasn't a member then but it looked like good fun.

Shaneus

Edmond Dantès;34918293 said:
autosportlive

Very early days, but ominous nonetheless.
Woo.

williams-fw34-d-470x3a1bmh.png

best sponsor placement or what?
Indeed. I wonder if it was just coincidental?

Results from test day 1:

Kimi Raikkonen Lotus 1:19.670 75 laps.

Paul Di Resta Force India 1:19.772 101.

Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1:20.219 56.

Mark Webber Red Bull 1:20.496 54.

Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso 1:20.694 57.

Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1:20.794 42.

Kamui Kobayashi Sauber 1:21.353 106.

Jenson Button McLaren 1:21.530 62.

Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:22.815 69.

Heikki Kovalainen Caterham, 1:23.178 28.

Pastor Maldonado Williams 1:23.371 25.

Pedro De la Rosa HRT 1:23.676 44.

101 laps in the Force India - impressive work Di Resta. Now go get some sleep.
I don't know what the significance of those numbers are, but that seems like a pretty fucking good showing from Ricciardo and STR, especially considering he's really only done half a season (in an HRT, no less).

Thing looks like it's on rails. Nice.

Vettel's probably going to be the best driver for comparing the RBR to last year, though. Possibly the best to draw comparisons with as far as the old/new regulations, too. No-one else is as consistent.

Heh, Horner dodging the question whether the driver cooling slot does anything else
Ahaha, yeah, I had a laugh at that. "Obviously it's good for the drivers and the cooling and the vent for the drivers and, it's good for the drivers".

Those round things seen from the rear of the RBR at the rear wheels... what are they?

FWIW, apart from the god-awful red rear-wing, the STR probably has the best looking livery out there.

And the new title should have a question mark at the end. Without it it just looks weird.

Adamm

2 red flags so far this morning already!

Oil on track twice apparently (im assuming it wasnt cleaned properly the first time)

Dynoro

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/16932283

Webber/Horner/Kimi/Diresta interviews there and some nice footage.

I just want the season to start. These tests and slow reveals aren't exciting. Let's get to the track!

Also, anybody looking at the odds this year?

There were much better ones last year (12/1, 14/1 for the likes of Button and Alonso which I put a tenner each on)

Kimi for 20/1 (or 25/1 on Sky) is worth it for a giggle. But otherwise not much to go for; unless you fancy 1/9 on Alonso to beat Massa - such confidence in Massa's abilities lol

pappe

I was thinking about something referring to the duck nose. I do, however, like your suggestion. That's in the lead for now.

I'll be working on the graphics and info next week. I'll definitely get input from people here so now is a good time to think up a title and present them later. :)

Formula 1 2012 Season (OT) Duck hunting Season for The Finger!

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Iceman Cometh (8th)

:D

Adamm

1m19.184s for Webber....

I really hope other teams havent been trying so far =/ I dont think i could stick another season of Red Bull domination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom