• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2011/2012 Off-Season Thread |OT| The Year of the Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septimius

I'm so happy I can finally involve myself in F1 again, guys :D Been waiting all winter! Still a lot of waiting to do, but this helps get through to the first race.

Edmond Dantès;34955808 said:
Lewis and Nicole seemingly back together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mDkqtuHha4

This video is pretty disgraceful. Just following them down a street with a video camera. I don't understand how Lewis just doesn't punch them.

It'll be good to have Lewis happy and back in form, but fucking hell, I hope she stays away from the races. I hate seeing her over-the-top reactions in the paddock, playing up to the camera and shit. Urgh!

Ark

I'm so happy I can finally involve myself in F1 again, guys :D Been waiting all winter! Still a lot of waiting to do, but this helps get through to the first race.

This is the worst time! Cars are on the track but nothing is relevant until the third test, and even then everything is still a tease until the end of Q3 in Australia.

Septimius

This is the worst time! Cars are on the track but nothing is relevant until the third test, and even then everything is still a tease until the end of Q3 in Australia.

At least we're being teased! Better than just nothing. I'm excited! :D

..This just got a bit weird.

Omiee

This video is pretty disgraceful. Just following them down a street with a video camera. I don't understand how Lewis just doesn't punch them.

It'll be good to have Lewis happy and back in form, but fucking hell, I hope she stays away from the races. I hate seeing her over-the-top reactions in the paddock, playing up to the camera and shit. Urgh!

this!!

i hate it when she keeps acting for the camera.

i dont like it at all if sky or bbc or what ever show any of the drivers girlfriends like button and hamilton.

who cares!!

show me the fucking race.

Button's missus is fine because her reactions are genuine and she seems lovely.

Nicole is standing up, throwing her arms around, going OH MY GODDDDDD etc etc and it is so blatantly fake and for the cameras.

Lucius86

Banned
this!!

i dont like it at all if sky or bbc or what ever show any of the drivers girlfriends like button and hamilton.

who cares!!

You know what.... I do.

It all adds to the glamour, excitement & tension seeing these people getting work up.

We would not have had Mr. Bean cringing last year at Hamilton bumping into Massa.

The issue I do have is Nicole Schwerehnefjjksenfusder can just fuck off because she's annoying. Jessica can stay.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
this!!

who cares!!

Pffft, I'm sure you remember Mika and his ex-wife during the early Schumacher/Ferrari era.

S. L.

kobayashis english tweets are hilarious

My Air mac situation is just when i using to look web just suddenly system down... I have no idea what's going on. Continue to next
but when i restert will system on for 5second but again system off.... I travel with this air mac for 1year harf. coutinue to next
but maybe i have to do burial at jerez... My god.... Where is my date.... Please help.... End

dubc35

Haha! Tomorrow he tweets the pic of him burying his Mac.

prior to the above tweets:
My Airmac just fail out!! F○ck!!!!!! 俺のAir macぶっ壊れた!! くそーーーー!!

You know what.... I do.

It all adds to the glamour, excitement & tension seeing these people getting work up.

We would not have had Mr. Bean cringing last year at Hamilton bumping into Massa.
Yeah, I'll pass on all of that. I care what the drivers on the track are doing, not what the spectators are up to. Possibly with the exceptions of the hotties in Monaco. :D

Wouldn't mind seeing that sort of thing after the race though... or maybe if they could just keep it to a minimum rather than spending half the race pointing at them rather than the cars.

Shaneus

Good man!

Now for Shaneus...
It is done:
BKX07.png

Webber for obvious reasons, Button as the McLaren favourite and doesn't have woman troubles, and Nando because as old-school drivers go he's one of the best on the field.

And that Ricciardo, eh? Can't wait to see his teammate's times to give us a comparison of their skills.

Lizardfolk

Neo Member
The new beaked nose is ugly but I guess form matters more than aesthetics anyway. But I'll probably be rooting for McClaren since they went with a more normal car. Interesting that RedBull took the new approach. I think Newey might dominate with Vettel again with Webber playing second fiddle.

Ironically, I actually prefer the 2012 IndyCar over the 2012 F1. Less technology in the IndyCar sure... but Indy has always been about the rough grit racing rather than the smooth sleek computers of F1.

Personally speaking, I think this is one of the reasons why Rubens enjoyed testing the new IndyCar so much despite being slower than the F1.

Lucius86

Banned
Yeah, I'll pass on all of that. I care what the drivers on the track are doing, not what the spectators are up to. Possibly with the exceptions of the hotties in Monaco. :D

Wouldn't mind seeing that sort of thing after the race though... or maybe if they could just keep it to a minimum rather than spending half the race pointing at them rather than the cars.

Really, it bothers you that much? For me, what bothers me is the type of person on the other end, not the actual showing of it. It's part of the attraction to Jessica, after all - we all want someone who is as passionate as that for our other half (and also as fit). Maybe her sister can pop round mine for an F1 2011 race....

But having said that, not everyone is as enjoyable to watch. Hence why I want Nicole Scjhdfiojmdsfgndsflsdkjfdsfhn;ewrewer to sod off.

dalin80

Banned
Does anybody have a better image of the testing apparatus that Mclaren was using today? I'm curious about the thing near the mirror.

It looks identical to a electric window motor, I suspect its used to raise and lower the bar poking out behind the wheel to measure the pressure points at different heights.

Also not fussed of lewis and nicole are back together or just friends of whatever, think he could do with a friend at the moment and if it helps him get back onto form then queen of the stupid appearing on tv is a moderate price to pay.

It is done:
BKX07.png

Webber for obvious reasons, Button as the McLaren favourite and doesn't have woman troubles, and Nando because as old-school drivers go he's one of the best on the field.

And that Ricciardo, eh? Can't wait to see his teammate's times to give us a comparison of their skills.

Yourself, Lucius and I truly are the greatest Webber fans!

I put a fiver on Button as well!

Dilly

Banned
I hate all the interviews with famous women who sound like utter idiots when interviewed at Monaco.

Makes me want to throw my chair to the tele.

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
z1328631132.jpg

Nice, rules say you can't have bodywork directing exhausts to the rear, so I guess Newey had a nice trip to the suspension design team! The suspension is much higher than last years car and conveniently placed right at the exhaust exits. You can see the flow vis, heat shielding, and temp sensors on all of the suspension arms.

modulaire

@InsideFerrari: "It will be a long break before Fernando can rejoin the track. A hydraulic problem occurred on the car so we are working to fix it."

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Hes on 1m18.419s now. Grosjean will destory Kimi!!

I seem to have switched to bizarro alternate universe during my sleep, Grosjean can actually drive here?

Someone call Fringe division, I want to go home!

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
I seem to have switched to bizarro alternate universe during my sleep, Grosjean can actually drive here?

Someone call Fringe division, I want to go home!
He's very talented and his first stint in F1 was a poor reflection on his abilities. His junior CV is quite impressive and comparable to other current F1 drivers.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Edmond Dantès;34976603 said:
He's very talented and his first stint in F1 was a poor reflection on his abilities. His junior CV is quite impressive and comparable to other current F1 drivers.

Oh I know his pre-F1 career showed promise, but then look at how many other F1 also-rans have been able to claim the same yet fail to make a dent in F1, I guess I had written RG off as yet another.

Osiris

Hard to judge so early, but I also think Caterham are going to surprise this year, not at the front of the field obviously, but I could see them kicking the idea of competing with HRT and Marussia to the curb and being a potential mid-field contender rather than just the best of the last this year.

Shaneus

Yourself, Lucius and I truly are the greatest Webber fans!

I put a fiver on Button as well!
I'm an even bigger fan. Neither yourself or Lucius went to the effort of making sure you were born in the same country as him. Pretty weak, really!

Seriously though, as if we needed more of an excuse to get behind him. Literally.

Hm. Looks like Vergne is hitting around the same times as Ricciardo, Vettel a tad slower than Webber (though we don't know the setup he's running). Is it noted anywhere on the times whether they're running light or not or what compound tyres they're using?

I'm getting a bit excited over here. Even if I wasn't going round 1, I'd still be sporting a fair chub right about now for this season. Exciting stuff :D

Adamm

Hard to judge so early, but I also think Caterham are going to surprise this year, not at the front of the field obviously, but I could see them kicking the idea of competing with HRT and Marussia to the curb and being a potential mid-field contender rather than just the best of the last this year.

Yeah Caterham look like they have a decent car this year.

They should move well clear of HRT & Marussia, and probably get a quite a few points finishes also.

Unless Marussia or HRT do something amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom