• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Shaneus

Twitter is saying it's douching rain in Albert Park right now. We may not learn much from qualy, or the GP if it keeps up.
I think it's stopped raining but it's REALLY FUCKING COLD. No chance of the track drying at all until qualy, even if it doesn't rain again. Small chance of starting with inters but most likely full wets.

To think I put sunscreen on today :/

dubc35

Hmm, also sounds like the whole TV compound is proper fucked. I was going to stay up and try to find a stream of qualy but I may call it a night and check it in the morning now.

dubc35

Twitter is going crazy (yeah I live in the States and don't have cable so it's my main news source right now) that all power has been lost from the entire TV compound.

@mrjakehumphrey said:
Update from my man in Melbourne. He says mains power and back up genny failed, back up or back up being sorted... #F1

Telemetry faulted. TV feed goes down due to powercut. Twitter goes over capacity. Technology is revolting against the Aussie GP, people.

Mastah

And this might happen this year:

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...leitegeier-ueber-dem-fahrerlager-6790911.html

Marussia, Caterham, Force India, Sauber and Lotus could be well on their way to bankruptcy before the end of the season. Max Mosley made a lot of mistakes (giving Ferrari too much power, selling F1 coverage rights for 100 years, introducing 1998 rules), but when he proposed budget cap on reasonable level (60 millions) in 2009 he was spot on. Now we will see true results of doing absolutely nothing all these years since then. Sauber already before 2012 season was in real danger of pulling out, now I guess it's all about survival for these teams, so no wonder they are taking money from pay drivers.

Hackbert

mhh.. good morning. A bit of shame about the rain, no way to read anything into the times. But bring it on. Anyone changed his predictions cause of fp3? not much happened it seems

Zeknurn

Sounds like the new pope is a McLaren and Perez fan. Why else would the telemetry and tv coverage go down and it pour down for qualifier.

Shaneus

Cheers for the well-wishes, DM. Premium seating is undercover (thankfully) but there are a LOT of people clamoring together under marquees and umbrellas.

Water sweepers are out.

Anyone have any luck with a stream that isn't flash based? I might be lucky with the official Australian Channel One, but rather not (shitty ads).

PS. +10 min :(

Mastah

No standing water on driving line and Whiting is still too scared to start session. Is it really the same man who didn't even deploy SC at Silverstone in 2008 :/ ?

Top Bottom