• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Roki6

Banned
As McL fan since 80's it is painfull to watch this season and be involved in F1 discussion
But everything is better than Gaming GAF right now

So go McLaren!

Btw do you think rain could help mcl or they are so bad nothing can save them?

DBT85

According to Jon Noble on Twitter, Massa's car won't be ready for qualifying, and even if it was he'd get a 5 place penalty for having a new gearbox.

Also Ferrari claim it was driver error.

From the onboard shot that Tiny Wee Ant Davidson showed the right front dipped much further than the left front under braking. It looked like it collapsed but Ferrari still say it was driver error.

And a bit of rain will make Quali a bit more spicy. Hopefully just a bit, not heavy enough to postpone it.

Mastah

Sky saying its starting to rain

Shame. The best part of the weekend in Monaco is seeing drivers on absolute limit in qualifying, brushing barriers and sliding their cars in corners. If there is one track where qualifiying should be dry, it's here :(

According to Jon Noble on Twitter, Massa's car won't be ready for qualifying, and even if it was he'd get a 5 place penalty for having a new gearbox.

Also Ferrari claim it was driver error.

His article about it is a bit confusing:

Autosport said:
Felipe Massa's Ferrari should be repaired in time for Monaco Grand Prix qualifying, but will have to take a five-place grid penalty for a gearbox change.

Ferrari's initial analysis of the accident suggests it was down to driver error, after Massa locked up on a bump.

There is no indication of a mechanical problem contributing to the crash.

Ferrari is working to repair the car in time for qualifying. It estimates that Massa should be able to get out for the final minutes of Q2.

A gearbox change will be necessary, though, resulting in a penalty.

Unless my brain hasn't woken up yet, what does Q2 matter if his car isn't ready for Q1?

Shame. The best part of the weekend in Monaco is seeing drivers on absolute limit in qualifying, brushing barriers and sliding their cars in corners. If there is one track where qualifiying should be dry, it's here :(

As far as I'm concerned, having to contend with Monaco's barriers in the wet is the absolute limit.

Double H

SMFH at Grosjean. He IS very quick around here and would be a serious contender for the podium, but there's no way he will finish the race. Took him out of my predictions.

He's probably going to crash in quali too.
Sadly yeah, when he stuffs up it's pretty much all or nothing.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
So, Ferrari and crashes:
- if Felipe wrecks his car is driver error
- if Fernando wrecks his car is either because of Vettel or car malfunciton

I will make predictions without Grosjean, he will crash for sure

I suspect Ferrari are suggesting Massa hit the wall with the front left at a previous corner (Antony Nokes?), hence the accident "being" his fault.

So did anyone not put Massa as the driver to gain the most laps in the comp?

Hello to all F1 fans. I've been long time lurker to this fantastic thread so I've subbed as soon as I recieved authorization.
Can I join GP predictor league ?

Neogaf League

Should take you to the league.

Welcome!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I suspect Ferrari are suggesting Massa hit the wall with the front left at a previous corner (Antony Nokes?), hence the accident "being" his fault.

So did anyone not put Massa as the driver to gain the most laps in the comp?

I do not know how would a minor contact with front left in previous corner led to total control failure - even his right wheel is not moving.

He will probably screw us all with some early collision for SC period :D

According to the autosport article above, Ferrari claim he lost it over a bump (which could explain why it looked like a suspension failure).

I haven't seen the footage though, so I'm just having to go by words and that.

DBT85

I love Q1 at Monaco. Cry moar bitches. Find a gap and make a lap, it's the same for everyone.

lol Bianchi out already.

Shaneus

Hello to all F1 fans. I've been long time lurker to this fantastic thread so I've subbed as soon as I recieved authorization.
Can I join GP predictor league ?
Ahaha, I love your avatar. Almost curious on whether you're the *actual* Hooky or not ;)

Have to ask, who are you rooting for this weekend/year?

Top Bottom