• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

I don't really care who wins it, I just want the championship to go down to the wire.

I propose a sniper at each track. Said sniper is ordered to fire at the championship leading driver's tyres each lap. He'd be given a set number of rounds to achieve his goal (number of rounds = championship lead minus one. e.g: a fifteen point advantage would mean fourteen bullets for the sniper). Drivers would be encouraged to never lead more than a single point.

He was a great shot at Silverstone and really added some excitement to the race.

iJol1jBHSIZ02.gif

Don't worry, guys. Bernie got it all sorted out.

Tobias Grüner F1 ‏@tgruener 25m

#F1 Ecclestone assured teams, he will sort out tax issues in India. Race will go on.

I guess he's some sort of expert when it comes to taxes.

Rumours that the BBC will drop their live F1 coverage next season. I believe this to be 100% true.

Moto GP gone to BT
Formula One Live coverage going.

No live motorsport on the BBC, they're pooling their sporting budget for live football, they've already got the FA Cup from ITV with their partnership with BT, and there's talk of a similar deal for the Champions League. It's over.

F1 highlights at 7pm on BBC Three.

Addnan

Rumours that the BBC will drop their live F1 coverage next season. I believe this to be 100% true.

Moto GP gone to BT

No live motorsport on the BBC, they're pooling their sporting budget for live football, they've already got the FA Cup from ITV with their partnership with BT, and there's talk of a similar deal for the Champions League. It's over.

I will cry if this is true. Best F1 coverage in years came from BBC :(

dubc35

Wow, if true Jake got out at just the right time. Sad if it happens. I really like BBC's coverage.

Schedule after the break, mostly 2 week breaks with a couple one week breaks. Too bad the championship will likely be over soon.

Spa 25 Aug
Monza 08 Sep
Singapore 22 Sep
Korea 06 Oct
Suzuka 13 Oct
India 27 Oct
Abu Dhabi 03 Nov
Austin 17 Nov
Brazil 24 Nov

[edit] rofl, Force India still up 10 points on McL in WCC. Such a waste of a year by McL.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware

Moto GP gone to BT

Their MotoGP coverage was pretty poor anyway so thats no great loss.
I can't see them doing an F1 highlights show as where is the cost saving as you still need to send a commentary & crew to every round; the same as this year basically.

dubc35

Have the commentators stay in the UK and comment on the live feed like Speed used to do in the US, lol (NBCSN might still do that).

Moto GP gone to BT

A sad end to some of the best F1 coverage in years.

paskowitz

I don't really care who wins it, I just want the championship to go down to the wire.

I propose a sniper at each track. Said sniper is ordered to fire at the championship leading driver's tyres each lap. He'd be given a set number of rounds to achieve his goal (number of rounds = championship lead minus one. e.g: a fifteen point advantage would mean fourteen bullets for the sniper). Drivers would be encouraged to never lead more than a single point.

He was a great shot at Silverstone and really added some excitement to the race.

iJol1jBHSIZ02.gif

That GIF is close to the greatest thing I have ever seen.

Hammer24

Banned
On one hand I love the sport, and can´t have enough races.
On the other, its just no fun when one team so utterly dominates, that no one else has a chance. I see RBR winning out from here on, and that´ll get boring rather fast.

Dilly

Banned
On one hand I love the sport, and can´t have enough races.
On the other, its just no fun when one team so utterly dominates, that no one else has a chance. I see RBR winning out from here on, and that´ll get boring rather fast.

It was surprisingly easy for me to stop watching.

Vettel being a 4-time consecutive world champion makes the sport lose his credibility anyway.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Working fine for me.

Grosjean looking good, but he always does until the inevitable lol.
Lots of reports of it being down on twitter too. I'll try it later for qualifying.

Afraid to put Grosjean higher up on the GP predictor as its bound to curse him.
Another good weekend for him looks possible.

Zeppu

Probably because the road's only one-way? Or the GPS thinks so?

PS. No beeb this weekend? :(

Nope. I found an app for the phone which allows me to stream and delay radio 5. So I'm going to connect the speakers to the phone and delay it to match the video.

Faux-bbc!

Shaneus

Nope. I found an app for the phone which allows me to stream and delay radio 5. So I'm going to connect the speakers to the phone and delay it to match the video.

Faux-bbc!
That's practically what I did for Melbourne. Fired up a VPN app on my phone, struggled through congested internet to listen to BBC5 (rather than the closed-circuit commentary which was a bit shit) and watch the progress on my iPad with the official F1 app. It was far from KangaTV or whatever it's called (god, I hope that comes back next year) but better than nothing. Might do that this weekend.

Do they do qualis as well? I can't remember.

Zeppu

That's practically what I did for Melbourne. Fired up a VPN app on my phone, struggled through congested internet to listen to BBC5 (rather than the closed-circuit commentary which was a bit shit) and watch the progress on my iPad with the official F1 app. It was far from KangaTV or whatever it's called (god, I hope that comes back next year) but better than nothing. Might do that this weekend.

Do they do qualis as well? I can't remember.

Radio 5 even does the FPs.

Shaneus

Great, cheers Zeppu :)

Sadly, how I think it'll pan out:
xWmKqyR.png

Not what I'm hoping for, but from what I've read and seen on the timesheets, the STRs just aren't cutting it this weekend. Hoping Perez will qualify badly (likely) and move up the ranks. Have a feeling that Kimi will somehow get dicked around and finish below Fucking Grosjean, effectively cementing Kimi in a position far from being able to keep Vettel honest in the WDC points run.

Probably the most level-headed GPP I've done the entire year.

Top Bottom