• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Zeppu

Poor wibbah
_68985000_mw.jpg

DrM

Redmond's Baby
It is 34 degrees right now at the race track, only few scattered clouds and very weak wind. Heat wave (fueled by hot winds from Sahara) is going through central and eastern Europe, in this moment in mountain part of Slovenia, we are getting slowly cooked at 32 degrees Celsius

This will be tough race for drivers and cars, i think that we could see some DNFs due to overheating

Seems like the F1 circus is eager to get everything off its collective chest before the summer break. I've read the following things around the internet this morning:

- Hungary now has a contract for a race until 2021

- James Allen has claimed, "The chat this morning is that the Michelin back to F1 rumours are not as strong as appeared yesterday. Part of FOM/ FIA ebb and flow"

- A German newspaper (I think Bild?) has claimed that Alonso's management has had a meeting with RBR over the weekend, and supposedly the article also includes confirmation of the meeting by RBR

- Sky (I think?) have floated the possibility that Kimi will sit out races this year in protest at Lotus' continued failure to pay him on time

- Sauber still might be screwed as their new Russian backers won't pay up until their protege gets a super license

Probably all bollocks with the exception of #1.

On the subject of Kimi though, I'm starting to wonder what will happen to him if he wants to be at RBR, but they go with DR. Is Lotus good enough for him in their current state? Continuing financial difficulties and being down their star technical director can't exactly help their cause. I wouldn't be all that surprised if he ended up rallying again.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
There are rumors that Kimi is super pissed @ Lotus, due to his payment delays this year. Lotus is in quite difficult financial situation and Kimi's high salary is quite heavy burden for the team.

smiggyRT

There are rumors that Kimi is super pissed @ Lotus, due to his payment delays this year. Lotus is in quite difficult financial situation and Kimi's high salary is quite heavy burden for the team.

Let Raikkonen go to Red Bull, get Hulkenberg in.

Omiee

who knows the link to the f1 timing app for pc and hopefully mac that has track position and more?

nvm only for windows.

Dead Man

Seems like the F1 circus is eager to get everything off its collective chest before the summer break. I've read the following things around the internet this morning:

- Hungary now has a contract for a race until 2021

- James Allen has claimed, "The chat this morning is that the Michelin back to F1 rumours are not as strong as appeared yesterday. Part of FOM/ FIA ebb and flow"

- A German newspaper (I think Bild?) has claimed that Alonso's management has had a meeting with RBR over the weekend, and supposedly the article also includes confirmation of the meeting by RBR

- Sky (I think?) have floated the possibility that Kimi will sit out races this year in protest at Lotus' continued failure to pay him on time

- Sauber still might be screwed as their new Russian backers won't pay up until their protege gets a super license

Probably all bollocks with the exception of #1.

On the subject of Kimi though, I'm starting to wonder what will happen to him if he wants to be at RBR, but they go with DR. Is Lotus good enough for him in their current state? Continuing financial difficulties and being down their star technical director can't exactly help their cause. I wouldn't be all that surprised if he ended up rallying again.

FUCK YOU FIA

Sloane

Banned
2021, lol. Surprised they still have the money for it when so many other races are struggling.

Kimi and Alonso could be true, too.

Omiee

Its a pretty nice track. But with the russian gp, new jersey and now austria how many races will we have next season?

22 maybe?

Omiee

Win will def be between rbr, lotus and alonso.

Will be interesting to see if grosjean can fight for the win. I think kimi will have something to say about that.

If vettel does not crash or have a problem hes in a really good spot to take the vitory or some nice points from the podium. Just finish in front of alonso thats all.

pants

I tried to make my predictions this morning but submissions were closed :(

I'm stuck with last race's fucked up picks, smh :(

Top Bottom