• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Adamm

Wow that's really shitty behaviour. Reminds me of my favourite incident from the neogaf f1 2011 league!
Rambo.gif

Its even better with the sound!

Shaneus

I will never, ever get sick of watching that gif. If only because it's one of the few instances in a Codies F1 game where someone actually smacked into a *visible* wall.

pants

Will be interesting to see how F1GAF reacts to a Massa-like turn for Webber. If I recall a lot of folks were calling for Massa to be sacked mid-season. Can the jawline save him from our ire?

Massa should absolutely still be sacked. There is zero reason to be such an inconsistent 'confidence driver' at his age. Best to get someone fresh in.

Leunam

Massa should absolutely still be sacked. There is zero reason to be such an inconsistent 'confidence driver' at his age. Best to get someone fresh in.

I can think of a plausible reason involving a skull fracture and a high speed crash.

kharma45

if he was still the same driver as this time last year arguably yes but on his current form no chance.

Juicy Bob

We still haven't reached the qualifying session of the second round of the season. It's still way, way too early to start evaluating driver performances fairly.

Except Chilton, who's shit.

On one hand I can see why RBR would want to replace Webbsy for a young driver but he needs to finish on an equal position or a bit below Vettel to keep him.

I still wish he got the 2010 title though, I'd have been over the moon!

Chris R

Didn't want to stay up for practice so I turned it on this morning while getting ready for work and almost spat out my breakfast when I heard Bob Varsha's golden tubes emanating from my speakers.

Cool that he will sit in when needed.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
yikes, so i have to made predictions even before FP3. We are leaving at 5:45 am for Planica (probably very low chance for good mobile net signal over there) so this one will be tough, with rain factor and all stuff.

Weather for Sunday is still monsoon showers?

paskowitz

It is going to be really interesting to see if Lotus can keep up development with Ferrari and RBR. If they can I see no reason why Kimi can't win the title.

Predictions for this weekend:

1. Vettel
2. Kimi
3. Alonso
4. Rosberg
5. Massa
6. Sutil
7. Grosjean
8. Webber
9. Hamilton
10. Button

Ark

I have to agree with RBR on the tyres. It's boring seeing Pirelli manufacture 'excitement'.

It's not exciting watching the drivers worry significantly more about conserving the tyres than driving as quickly as they can.

Sooo.... who to use for F1 tickets? Last time I used Book F1, and they've got what I need but they're a little more expensive than others I've seen. Anyone have any other recommendations?

Manik

The missus and I have both jumped in to the GP Predictor and the NeoGaf league, which we didn't do last season, so should be fun. Missed the first race though, so we're starting from a disadvantage already - still, it's always fun to take part!

Hoping for an Alonso victory this weekend, which should suit us both nicely.

Coulthard much higher than I would have expected on that first table. Easy to see how much of an advantage not having to spend time at the back of the pack has helped Hamilton be really high on the tables too.

Zozobra

Sooo.... who to use for F1 tickets? Last time I used Book F1, and they've got what I need but they're a little more expensive than others I've seen. Anyone have any other recommendations?

I'd also be very interested to know this. Do people not usually order them through the F1.com site?

cmr-94

Unless Hulk knows that Sauber puts him in a better position for a future step up, I wonder how he's feeling atm.....Force India look impressive early on this season. They also have generally good development over the season

Some interesting tables from reddit. An all time points table (using current points system)

And a point per race ranking

Schumachers comeback moved him from 14.8 per race to 12.7.

source

Love those.

I just noticed Jackie Stewart and Sebastian Vettel are pretty much at the exact same statistical point right now. Almost the same number of starts, fast laps, wins, and championships. Similar equalized points, and podiums too. The difference being Jackie hadn't even driven a GP machine at Sebastian's age.

Didn't want to stay up for practice so I turned it on this morning while getting ready for work and almost spat out my breakfast when I heard Bob Varsha's golden tubes emanating from my speakers.

Cool that he will sit in when needed.
Oh wow, nice. I had no idea that was ever in the cards. Good for him.

Shaneus

iffT5nc.png

Pretty sure I'm going to change it, though. For the sake of predictions, I should probably swap Webber and Vettel... but I'm thinking with my heart and not my head :/

Shaneus

If you have Di Resta with the most positions gained but you don't have him finishing in the top 10, where do you think he'll be qualifying?

Top Bottom