• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

This is all I can see.

5ThduT2.jpg

Fantastic

itsgreen

They may not be be as loud but they have a better sound. I was bored of the V8's anyway

Have you heard them in real life? Because this is complete opposite to my opinion.

Wait... you wore ear protectors for the new cars? I was able to have a conversation with them right next to me. The Porsches were louder.

Yeah. Seriously. Everything else was louder, much much much louder.

I wasn't impressed at all by the sound.

frontieruk

Wait... you wore ear protectors for the new cars? I was able to have a conversation with them right next to me. The Porsches were louder.

that's because you've ruined your ears listening to raw V12's, v10's, and maybe the turbo charged V6's of the 80's...

Oh and the Rock and Roll...

that's because you've ruined your ears listening to raw V12's, v10's, and maybe the turbo charged V6's of the 80's...

Oh and the Rock and Roll...

Sadly I never got to hear the V10s and V12s in the flesh. I always loved F1, but sadly we never had the money to go and see a race.

That's why I consider myself so fortunate now.

DD

Hmm, Mercedes already said that they have interest on the Formula E. It seems that they have plans to jump in for the next season. Audi is already "in" (will jump further when they'll be able to build their own cars) with Abt, and now Helmut Marko is in Uruguay to watch the race today. When asked about his presence, Alejandro Agag (Formula E CEO) laugh and said: it's because I like to drink Red Bull.

It seems that Formula E is gonna get big, huh!

frontieruk

Hmm, Mercedes already said that they have interest on the Formula E. It seems that they have plans to jump in for the next season. Audi is already "in" (will jump further when they'll be able to build their own cars) with Abt, and now Helmut Marko is in Uruguay to watch the race today. When asked about his presence, Alejandro Agag (Formula E CEO) laugh and said: it's because I like to drink Red Bull.

It seems that Formula E is gonna get big, huh!

Well no one other than Ferrari wants to be seen making gas guzzlers any more... If Bernie is using the V8 as a negotiation tactic I'd imagine the teams are looking at other formula's openly to remind that they can move on.

Mastah

Does that say something about Vergne skills or the rest of the field?

I think the former. Formula E cars have so little aero and mechanical grip plus they are racing on streets, which also offer no grip, so it's not shocking to see JEV on top, as he was always great on damp or wet track in F1.

DD

Starting grid:

ibh7dyJ3EeijU0.jpg

Well no one other than Ferrari wants to be seen making gas guzzlers any more... If Bernie is using the V8 as a negotiation tactic I'd imagine the teams are looking at other formula's openly to remind that they can move on.

Yeah, maybe, but why is Helmut Marko there? Red Bull wants the V8s back, don't they?
Also, it's funny how Vergne got the pole right in front of his eyes. :D

Nicktendo86

Give me a piece of paper, I would instantly go back to V10's or V8's.

People who say otherwise haven't visited a track last year.

My moms Polo from 99 is almost louder. GP3 is much much louder than F1. I could easily make a call while they drove 15m beside me..
You what would be even quieter? No cars at all. That's what would happen, manufacturers have pushed for this technology and is why Mercedes are still around and Honda have come back.

V10's and V8's are the past.

frontieruk

Starting grid:

ibh7dyJ3EeijU0.jpg

Yeah, maybe, but why is Helmut Marko there? Red Bull wants the V8s back, don't they?
Also, it's funny how Vergne got the pole right in front of his eyes. :D

Red Bull wants as many eyes on their brand as possible, they won't ignore a series if there is potential there, they won't walk away from F1 over not changing engine specs, but over not having a competitive engine I can see them bailing and that's what it's all over, Renault failing for a second year.

Zeknurn

I made it inside just in time for the Formula E race. Hype.

I'm hopeful for a clean race for Heidfeld this time.

Ferrari and Bernie can rot away together in F1 if Formula E takes off next year or the year after.

RayStorm

Formula E really needs to work on their graphics. Half the time I have no idea which cars are actually in the picture and what position they are fighting for. And why was Heidfeld penalized? I'm kind of amazed, that the thing that has been around for ages in other series (clear presentation) is the thing, they struggle the most with.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Entertaining F-E race. Bad luck for Vergne, Buemi finally wins. You can see a feisty Heidfeld (he doesn't win the fan boost just for his good looks), but yet more bad luck/errors. Sausage curbs MVP.

Just wish they weren't restricted to narrow street tracks - when the manufacturers will get allowances to modify stuff next year I'd like to see the cars reach their true potential.

What terrible luck for Verne. Everything has been against him all race.

Yeah it was really shit luck, but at least he got a chance to race, which is more than can be said for some over the last three races.

I really hope this series doesn't fall apart when they de-spec the cars. It's brilliant.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Formula E would be awesome if they developed other system instead of changing cars. But to be fair, only batteries weigh over 300 kgs

It could be interesting when they open the series

itsgreen

Formula E would be awesome if they developed other system instead of changing cars. But to be fair, only batteries weigh over 300 kgs

It could be interesting when they open the series

Lets create a more environmental friendly series... with disposable cars... :)

DD

Vergne didn't have bad luck. It was just bad energy saving. That's probably why he was so fast all the time. I'm not trying to diminish his great driving skills (I'm still mad with Toro Rosso giving him the door) but it seems that he just emptied his batteries before the end of the race. But it's understandable, since the team had problems with telemetry and were asking Vergne the energy levels all the time, which is not nice in a bumpy and slippery street circuit.

Also, I can't differentiate Vergne from Senna on the radio. D:

DD

He retired with broken front suspension according to Autosport and the Formula E website

Hmm, I read somewhere else that he drained his batteries.

I just watched the highlights, but they don't know what happened. I don't know, I didn't looked like a suspension problem, but the streaming service I was using had terrible resolution, so maybe you are right.

EDIT: oh, in the Formula E website. Well, forget what I've said. Sorry. :p

EDIT 2: These suspensions are still too weak.

I think that's the Brazilian broadcaster.

Yes, it's Fox Sports 2 here.

Top Bottom