• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

dakun

Shit. The whole thing is like a dream!!!

I'd take a shot at saying vettel to McLaren and Alonso to redbull

You heard it here first..

Red Bull has already confirmed their driver line up to be Kvyat and Ricciardo. So realistically Vettel and Alonso would probably only be able to go to Ferrari and McLaren.
Since Horner confirmed Vettel going to Ferrari, Alonso will probably go to McLaren.

Shit. The whole thing is like a dream!!!

I'd take a shot at saying vettel to McLaren and Alonso to redbull

You heard it here first..
Redbull already confirmed Daniil Kvyat though?

Vettel to Ferrari, Alonso to McLaren or Mercedes is apparently the rumoured change.

I'm leaning towards McLaren.

I don't think I'll be able to handle Ferrari building a championship car with Vettel while Alonso moves to Mclaren only to be in the same situation. Forever 5th.

Breakage

Damn @ Vettel to Ferrari.
If Ferrari manage to deliver a winning package in 2015 then this could be the start of something big.

BzEfYaFIIAMmq2c.jpg:large

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Probably Max Verstappen and Carlos Sainz Jr in the Toro Rosso. Vergne gets to shop elsewhere.

Yagami_Sama

Kvyat will be on RBR next year ? Nothing against him, but what a lucky guy.
So next year, Max Verstappen will be on STR ?

Happy to see Sebb in a Ferrari. Hopefully he has the same know how to build a super team like Schumi around him and start a new streak.

I can't believe this all got confirmed. What a shake up! Hopefully one of the combos gets it right, and can provide some much needed challenge for Merc.

More important question for me is who will partner Fernando at McLaren.

Let's hope for his sanity's sake, it's isn't anyone fast.

It's Magnussen. Alonso confirmed it when he said drivers who have done a very good job this season probably won't be around next season.

Button is retiring :(

Or is he talking about himself if Ron Dennis doesn't get the push?

Lobato:

-Alonso notified Ferrari some days ago that he was leaving, there is no money penalty involved.
-Mercedes offered 2 weeks ago to Ferrari an exchange with Hamilton, Ferrari said NO.
-If Fernando can't find a team that provide a winning formula, he could not race next year.
-Mercedes want Fernando.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Can't wait for reaction of diehard Ferrari fans who couldn't stand him when he lands his first victory at Ferrari :D

Also good move for Kvyat, he could do good next season + RBR could get some additional Russian sponsors on board

Ferrari & Germany once again.

But without Brawn,Todt&co that made Ferrari the powerhorse in late 90s and in 00s

PS: That Lobato guy is so full of crap that I wonder how he can still be reliable after years and years of pro-Fernando crap that he posted in his articles.

Can't wait for reaction of diehard Ferrari fans who couldn't stand him when he lands his first victory at Ferrari :D

But without Brawn&co that made Ferrari the powerhorse in late 90s and in 00s

Fernando was despised just as much by the tifosi pre-Ferrari and look where we are now - Vettel will be fine. Rosberg now to fully assume F1 pantomime villain role

Animal

Banned
What is happening at Red Bull right now is very reminiscent of the crippling talent bailout at Ferrari around the time Ross Brawn left.

Well this is a nice story to wake up to. I can't say the move is at all surprising, but It is unexpected that we're hearing confirmation of Vettel's move before Alonso's.

Oh and I see Nigel has finally grown back his moustache!

cmr-94

Race looks to be starting at same time. I don't see how it's is going to be on tbh

F1 Paddock Pass ‏@F1PaddockPass 8m8 minutes ago
Phanfone Update: Storm intensifying over the sea with wind gusts up to 150 mph. Tracking path projecting closer to Suzuka. Yikes. #F1

stryke

Why wouldn't they want the race to happen earlier?

If it gets canceled, aren't they just going to lose a lot of money?

jey_16

Banned
interesting.....they just said here that Alonso signed a contract with "Honda" and not McLaren. Wonder what that means?

jey_16

Banned
Apparently Honda were very Keen on McLaren signing Alonso

yep but why would he sign with Honda rather then McLaren? Maybe he still has some reservations about the McLaren set up (Ron?) and now Honda can leverage that to get the changes at McLaren such as removing Ron that has been rumoured

yep but why would he sign with Honda rather then McLaren? Maybe he still has some reservations about the McLaren set up (Ron?) and now Honda can leverage that to get the changes at McLaren such as removing Ron that has been rumoured

Tha's something that's still not known, everyone is linking Alonso to Mclaren but im sure Ron has at least some say in this, and last i heard he and alonso are not exactly close

Top Bottom