• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

olore

Wow, never thought he would leave RBR, actually I Think it is a good move by him. The next couple of weeks will be very interesting

Zeknurn

Ericsson seems to be doing a lot better for the last few races.

Edit: Looking at EJ's predictions and I'm completely uninterested in the lineup for both Red Bull teams. They're all so young and inexperienced.

McLaren, Ferrari and Williams looks stellar though which should make for some great racing next year as long as Mercedes doesn't easily dominate again.

Juicy Bob

Kind of feel sorry for guys like Hulkenberg and Bianchi who don't have the chance to step up into really competitive seats.

At least Red Bull are giving their youngsters every opportunity.

And if Magnussen ends up being ousted at McLaren instead of Button, I'll be very disappointed.

Addnan

What news to wake up to, fuck. Kvyat to main RBR team already. That is crazy.

Edit:is that correct? Can't find.

jey_16

Banned
borr59ibv.jpg

!

Niki Lauda just straight up said no to the idea of Alonso joining and added that nothing will change at Mercedes next year. He also confirmed that Alonso was released from his contract on Thursday.

Edit: Niki Lauda interviews are the best, he also confirmed that Rosberg has two years left on his contract. Hamilton has one year left and they are already in talks about extending that another year or two past 2015 already.

"I've had a plan in my head for months"

"I have the privilege to choose where I want to go"

"I want to win championships"

"There are many possibilities"

He's going to Mercedes, Hamilton back to McLaren to live out his Senna McLaren Honda fantasy.

Button retirement.

John_B

Raikkonen is looking worse and worse. I hope he went all out on a rain setup.

Magnussen is starting to get the upper hand in qualifying. He has bettered Button in every qualifying session since the summer break. Magnussen usually seem a little weak in the race though.

Hamilton starting from the front row has only lost to Rosberg once this season? Not counting DNF. I'm not sure his hinting of excitement for tomorrows tricky conditions were just an excuse or if he did go with a conservative setup for qualifying.

If we can get the race going tomorrow it should be crazy.

Zeknurn

@pitlanetalk: Pretty sure now that Fernando Alonso replaces Jenson Button at McLaren. Kevin Magnussen to continue for another year. #F1 #Formula1
@pitlanetalk: Jenson Button will be left without a drive and it's likely his final year in Formula 1. #F1 #Formula1

Finally.

Also good on McLaren for not ditching Magnussen after just one season.

@pitlanetalk: Ferrari will officially announce Sebastian Vettel after the Russian Grand Prix on October 13th. #F1 #Formula1

DBT85

Jesus, not seen a result but just started the BBC show.

Huge Vettel news and great intro to the showfrom the BBC.

It's beyond me that they're going to run this at the scheduled time. Even if they theoretically squeeze in the entire race distance you're talking about risking the tens of thousands of fans trying to get home safely. Even if you can get everyone home there's no way the teams have time to pack up stuff and drive away before the bulk of the storm. Even if they could drive away there's no chance they could get to an airport and shuttle the stuff out before the storm.

Once any substantial rain starts you may as well write off moving any people or cargo. This needs to start at noon local time at latest and probably should have been run today to be safe. There is an almost 100% certainty of there being conditions that are not safe for racing at some point and the official decision is to do nothing.

The only way out of this safely if starting at the scheduled time is blind luck that the storm goes a little farther south than forecast so the largest bulk of rain and wind stay offshore.

Hammer24

Banned
PS: That Lobato guy is so full of crap that I wonder how he can still be reliable after years and years of pro-Fernando crap that he posted in his articles.

I had a good long laugh about this drivel. :)

interesting.....they just said here that Alonso signed a contract with "Honda" and not McLaren. Wonder what that means?

That Honda came up with the buyout money.

What's up with Hulk recently? Not really been all that impressive.

Bummed out to be the odd man out... again.

TCRS

Banned
wow.

motherfucking wow.

guess I'll have to warm up to Vettel now.

I wanted a championship for Alonso so badly. goodbye sweet prince ;(

1396172338439ypx4c.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Lobato:

-Alonso notified Ferrari some days ago that he was leaving, there is no money penalty involved.
-Mercedes offered 2 weeks ago to Ferrari an exchange with Hamilton, Ferrari said NO.
-If Fernando can't find a team that provide a winning formula, he could not race next year.
-Mercedes want Fernando.

Why would Mercedes dump someone that is doing so well for them, for alonso? Sure he'll be a draw, but that just seems odd

And smh at the race timing. It'll either not start or do two laps in the safety car and then end. Fake points awarded :(

So Alonso "has not decided yet where he's going and he has options"

A day or two ago he said he knew what he's gona do. I ccan't believe that he chose just not to race for Ferrari. I'm sure he has been squeezed out

And that's not something new for Ferrari, they squeezed out the most successful driver in the history of F1

I would still say he got fired just like schumi and kimi before him. Having "other options" don't mean that he chose to leave. Schumi and kimi had options too but chose to walk away from the sport

Todt was simply right when he said Alonso character doesn't fit well with the whole Ferrari philosophy, but LdM/Dominicali insisted to make it happen for the sweet money of santander. The whole thing was a cluster fuck from the beginning and what we're seeing now is just a ramification of a series of a bad decision after another.

Alonso might be good on track but evidently he's bad at everything that's not driving the car

I hope that vettels driving style is similar to kimis otherwise I would understand seeing them pouring their resources behind vettel as he's the future

Omiee

fuckk i really wished vettel would stay with rbr.

never been a ferrari fan but ill have to cheer for them next year. i still think its a mistake, mclaren would have been a better choise.

Hammer24

Banned
I'm sure he has been squeezed out

He was very aware of the ongoing negotiations between VET and FER. He then informed FER in writing a couple days ago, that he is not going to race for them next year.
If that is "chickening out" our "being squeezed out" will probably depend on how you look at him.

TCRS

Banned
watching the quali on bbc i player. fucking lost it at 'finish him' during the intro lolol

and suzi is so hawt hnnnng

is BBC showing this race or Sky?

Nicktendo86

A day or two ago he said he knew what he's gona do. I cin a't believe that he chose just not to race for Ferrari. I'm sure he has been squeezed out

And that's not something new for Ferrari, they squeezed out the most successful driver in the history of F1

I would still say he got fired just like schumi and kimi before him. Having "other options" don't mean that he chose to leave. Schumi and kimi had options too but chose to walk away from the sport

Todt was simply right when he said Alonso character doesn't fit well with the whole Ferrari philosophy, but LdM/Dominicali insisted to make it happen for the sweet money of santander. The whole thing was a cluster fuck from the beginning and what we're seeing now is just a ramification of a series of a bad decision after another.

Alonso might be good on track but evidently he's bad at everything that's not driving the car

I hope that vettels driving style is similar to kimis otherwise I would understand seeing them pouring their resources behind vettel as he's the future
I think it really is a simple case of Alonso being in a bracket of two drivers (with Hamilton) of being by some margin the best drivers in the world, desperate for another championship and knowing that Ferarri are no where close to building a decent car.

Vettel has been humiliated by Ricciardo and is ducking the fight. He knows Ferrari are shit and he can blame the car when he comes nowhere next year and has already achieved his championships anyway.

As a McLaren fan am praying for Alonso to replace Button. I said before the season started I feel this could be Button's last with his dad passing away and him being, well, shit. McLaren/Honda will be desperate for a top class driver who can help develop the new car and I am sure they would have sat down with Fred to show him the plans.

Exciting times, I live a big shakeup.

Dilly

Banned

A day or two ago he said he knew what he's gona do. I ccan't believe that he chose just not to race for Ferrari. I'm sure he has been squeezed out

Haha, if this thought process compensates for Kimi's shit year compared to Alonso, have fun believing it.

TCRS

Banned
I don't think I'll be able to handle Ferrari building a championship car with Vettel while Alonso moves to Mclaren only to be in the same situation. Forever 5th.

are you a scuderia or alonso fan?

I was scuderia only but I love Alonso now. wish him the best at mclaren.

Haha, if this thought process compensates for Kimi's shit year compared to Alonso, have fun believing it.

Ummm.. Ok

He was very aware of the ongoing negotiations between VET and FER. He then informed FER in writing a couple days ago, that he is not going to race for them next year.
If that is "chickening out" our "being squeezed out" will probably depend on how you look at him.

I don't think Alonso would chicken out, but maybe his promised number 1 status is being challenged and he didn't like it

And writing to Ferrari doesn't confirm that it was his decision. How many people you know have been asked to submit their resignation?

Just like todt and co have been cleaned out from Ferrari, I think now it's LdM/Alonso & co are getting the same treatment

We ccan't just assume that it's not doable, we witnessed that just few years ago in the same team! Schumi was held at a higher regard that Alonso to teams and drivers when he got axed. So it happens

I'm not saying that's what happened but everything that's happening suggesting it

Top Bottom