• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "FREE to a good home" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Why is Rock Band better on Live?

And to make this thread even better, first person to reply to this post gets an Xbox 360 Messenger Kit from Play-Asia (can't promise speedy delivery from Asia, but free is free).

pa.111746.1.jpg

McBacon said:
Why is Rock Band better on Live?

And to make this thread even better, first person to reply to this post gets an Xbox 360 Messenger Kit from Play-Asia (can't promise speedy delivery from Asia, but free is free).

pa.111746.1.jpg

Dibs!

oneHeero

FUCK IM ALWAYS LATE FOR THE COOL THREADS!!!!

I wanted the GMR mags, I love GMR so much and miss it so much :(
I am so dead serious that my first tattoo is going to be the GMR logo. I love it

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So it seems that his contribution to society is one of great charity and love for his fellow man...

Edit: FUCK, Wollan beat me.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i've got some stuff i'm willing to give away to interested parties, as long as they'll foot the shipping (i'm broke):

xbox
- nba street 2
- half-life 2
- king kong the movie of the game of the awesome (it's seriously pretty sweet)

and guides for dragon quest rocket slime (ds) and two mortal kombat arcade secrets guides (one from bradygames and one from prima). the latter two guides are in used shape, naturally.

anyway, no pressure, just wanted to toss the stuff out there in the name of good will.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I like the spirit of this thread! I don't have much to offer but if someone wants and will use it I have an extra 360 wireless controller adapter for PC with the disc and everything.

100_0328.jpg

First PM gets it. Free shipping in the US.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Jive Turkey said:
I like the spirit of this thread! I don't have much to offer but if someone wants and will use it I have an extra 360 wireless controller adapter for PC with the disc and everything..

pm sent, sir

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
adding a couple of things

xbox
- nba street 2
- half-life 2
- brothers in arms
- dvd remote set

dreamcast
- resident evil: code veronica (no case)
- tony hawk 2

guides
- dragon quest rocket slime
- 2 mortal kombat 3 arcade secret guides

beelzebozo said:
adding a couple of things

xbox
- nba street 2
- half-life 2
- brothers in arms
- dvd remote set

dreamcast
- resident evil: code veronica (no case)
- tony hawk 2

guides
- dragon quest rocket slime
- 2 mortal kombat 3 arcade secret guides

sent for RE:CV on DC.. yes!!!!

Cool idea. I'm in the UK so EU people jump in. I tried selling most of this stuff ages ago but had no takers so here's what I have up for grabs.

flya76.jpg

Nope not a knock off Nuntandu Gamebox but a patched up PAL Gamecube which I got on ebay. It had a damaged lid so I replaced it with a generic top half I found online. Comes with a US power supply from my fried US console and a composite cable. Unboxed.

mcyxko.jpg

A bunch of N64 accessories. The GB pak, 2x official memory paks, an official rumble pak (battery modded) and a 3rd party one. All unboxed.
The original Wipeout (PAL PSone) Taken. Sega Bass Fishing (NTSC/US DC - ex-rental I got on ebay, hence the black scribbles)Taken.

I can probably cover shipping for everything except the Gamecube - a few quid should cover it though.

edit: Overseas shipping for the GC is stupidly expensive so UK/EU only.

I'm sure I have some stuff I would be willing to give away but I'm not all that familiar with shipping options. To those who are offering these free things, how do plan on shipping them?

I'm in the US by the way.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
straydog just paypal'd me a few bucks to cover shipping for a couple dreamcast games. put it in a cd case and a bubble envelope, send. no fuss, no muss.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I guess posts should include this:

Will Ship To: UK / Europe / America / Japan / Anywhere
Postage Cost: Free / Free to US or $x.xx to Other Countries / $x.xx

Or something like that.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'd like the sonic strategy guide. A friend of mine is a huge sonic fan and would love it.

I'd paypal for shipping because i'm from Brazil.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Felix Lighter said:
I'm sure I have some stuff I would be willing to give away but I'm not all that familiar with shipping options. To those who are offering these free things, how do plan on shipping them?

I'm in the US by the way.
1) Box up stuff
2) Add address
3) Go to USPS/FedEx Kinko's/UPS Store
4) ???
5) Profit!

sk3tch

You can also just go to USPS.com and print it all up on your computer. Just toss it in your mailbox and you're done!

neight

Banned
Damn damn damn why didn't I see this thread earlier! I've been wanting to collect the Next-Gen magazines again. I used to have them but one day threw them away and regretted it ever since.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
neight said:
Damn damn damn why didn't I see this thread earlier! I've been wanting to collect the Next-Gen magazines again. I used to have them but one day threw them away and regretted it ever since.
I always regret using up a bunch of space for tons of old magazines.

Then I open up the boxes, spend a couple of hours reading about how OMG SUPER STREET FIGHTER 2 FOR THE GENESIS IS SO GREAT and realize I could never get rid of them. :D

neight

Banned
I never have the urge to keep magazines except when it comes to American Cinematographer, Cinefex, and Next-Gen. Next-Gen set a bar for gaming journalism that hasn't been reached again. They were really awesome. And then one day I stupidly threw away Next-Gen in a spring cleaning.

bang.gif

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
how strange that this thread pops up i'm giving halo 3 to a gaffer for free just today.

if i think up anything to give away to the masses then i'll post it here though

BitchTits

Oops. Wish this thread had been made a couple of weeks ago, I took some old consoles to the recycling centre - boxed pal GC, DC and modded Saturn. I figured they'd never sell on eBay, so threw them away. [blush]

BitchTits said:
Oops. Wish this thread had been made a couple of weeks ago, I took some old consoles to the recycling centre - boxed pal GC, DC and modded Saturn. I figured they'd never sell on eBay, so threw them away. [blush]

FOR SHAME!!!!!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
BitchTits said:

You figured a modded saturn wouldn't sell on ebay? wtf

neight

Banned
BitchTits said:
Are you kidding there are still loads of classic gamers. All you had to do was search for those consoles on eBay to see that the majority have bids on them. Even if you only sold each console for $10 you would've made someone happy and better than throwing them away.

BitchTits

drizzle said:
You figured a modded saturn wouldn't sell on ebay? wtf
It worked fine, but the lid was kind of dodgy due to a slight first-time modding botch.

neight said:
Are you kidding there are still loads of classic gamers. All you had to do was search for those consoles on eBay to see that the majority have bids on them.
I did look on eBay, there were DCs going unsold and GCs too - I figured no-one would want them any way since Wii is backwards compatible. Even if they sold, it would be a couple of quid for the effort of boxing them up and shipping them out.

I saw the recyc. centre employees buzzing round the neatly stacked console boxes as I drove away, so I'm guessing they live on any way. :)

Kletian

Teknoman said:
Man...I would join in, and give away my Shining Force CD...but im not really sure that I want to part with it...

I think i'll try to dig around for some extra stuff tomorrow as well...but im not making any promises.

I'm calling dibs on that SF CD if you do decide to part with it :D

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
If anyone else has some classic mags they're willing to ship out, PLEASE post them here before you decide to throw them out. :)

Great idea AMN.

I have 5 Gamecube games and the Mario Kart Double Dash Bonus Disc with a handy-dandy carrying case. I have only the discs as the cases and manuals were stolen by a dimwitted thief; so it would obviously be easiest if someone took the lot rather than me breaking it up, but whatever :) All games are NTSC region and in great condition. Will ship anywhere free, but a small contribution from GAFfers outside the U.S. would be appreciated.

2360809551_f0588bee15_m.jpg

Carrying Case

2361641756_59b5c3ccfe_m.jpg

Collector's Edition Zelda

2361642044_565e522c11_m.jpg

Metroid Prime

2360810781_796cf5bd76_m.jpg

Skies of Arcadia: Legends

2361642970_1d0fd78866_m.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Melee

2361643778_3828dbcb1d_m.jpg

Mario Kart: Double Dash

2361645148_5c473e1742_m.jpg

DD Bonus Disc

Gatekeeper said:
Great idea AMN.

I have 5 Gamecube games and the Mario Kart Double Dash Bonus Disc with a handy-dandy carrying case. I have only the discs as the cases and manuals were stolen by a dimwitted thief; so it would obviously be easiest if someone took the lot rather than me breaking it up, but whatever :) All games are NTSC region and in great condition. Will ship anywhere free, but a small contribution from GAFfers outside the U.S. would be appreciated.

I would love to have the "Double Dash" GC collection. I've been wanting to try that game for a while.

EDIT - PM Sent - I'm really most interested in the Double Dash discs, so if you want to split it up with everybody that's great. I know you said it would be easier but you can make more people happy.

Median

I'll take the collection off you if you want, willing to pay shipping as I'm in Canada.

EDIT: Since everyone's splitting it, I'll take Skies of Arcadia if you don't mind.

Aladuf

Banned
Gatekeeper said:
Great idea AMN.

I would DIE if I could get that Zelda Collector's Edition Disc from you!

Edit: ah shit, beaten! :(

Gatekeeper said:
Great idea AMN.

Il take metroid prime if its not already called for, sold mine a while back and what a mistake that was.

Dr. Zoidberg said:
I would love to have the "Double Dash" GC collection. I've been wanting to try that game for a while.
Sold

neight said:
I would love the collector's edition Zelda.
Sold

median said:
EDIT: Since everyone's splitting it, I'll take Skies of Arcadia if you don't mind.
Sold

YaSeeTheoo said:
Metroid Prime
Sold

tek said:
Sold

PM me your addys if you haven't yet. Next one to respond gets the case.

Tek

I will take Metroid

actually...nevermind...Super Smash Bros...my g/f would kill me if I got another 1 player game...

tanod

when is my burrito
I'd like a Halo 3 Essentials disc.

I would like those Next Generation magazines since I'm a magazine collector but I think the shipping would be prohibitively expensive. :(

Huggers

ToastyBanana said:
Cool idea. I'm in the UK so EU people jump in. I tried selling most of this stuff ages ago but had no takers so here's what I have up for grabs.

mcyxko.jpg

A bunch of N64 accessories. The GB pak, 2x official memory paks, an official rumble pak (battery modded) and a 3rd party one. All unboxed.
The original Wipeout (PAL PSone). Sega Bass Fishing (NTSC/US DC - ex-rental I got on ebay, hence the black scribbles).

I can probably cover shipping for everything except the Gamecube - a few quid should cover it though.

I would love the PAL Wipeout, thats if no ones beaten me to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom