• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "FREE to a good home" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertj15

Great thread :)

I have the PSP Demo of Patapon up for grabs, for those of you who don't have the Spear of Protection and prefer the physical version of the demo.

Magnus

Something like ten years' worth of Nintendo Power has been sitting around here for a few years. I don't think it'd be practical to ship it, but I'd rather it go to someone in the Toronto (GTA) area than wind up in the paper recycling bin. Also a bunch of random issues of EGM, EGM2, Gamepro, GMR, etc. I could post specific issues if people are interested. :)

Magnus said:
Something like ten years' worth of Nintendo Power has been sitting around here for a few years. I don't think it'd be practical to ship it, but I'd rather it go to someone in the Toronto (GTA) area than wind up in the paper recycling bin. Also a bunch of random issues of EGM, EGM2, Gamepro, GMR, etc. I could post specific issues if people are interested. :)

i am interested, particularly in older issues. Even if it's not practical to ship, I'd be willing to help ship a few key copies to the USA. How old does your collection go?

TheExodu5

Banned
Magnus said:

Do you have anything with Final Fantasy III SNES in it? I'm in Ottawa but I'd have no problem paying for the shipping.

I have one of those game holders that they use at Wal-mart to hold their games, it has the Xbox logo on the front. I also have some old XBM issues with a bunch of the demo discs, some PSM discs, two EGM discs and some EGM issues. Just ask in this thread if you want to know about specific discs or issues.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i saw someone ask about a video card for their computer earlier in the thread, and i am likewise completely devoid of any graphics card whatsoever for my pc. i want to try pc gaming again, but i don't have the funds to funnel toward what could be a useless proposition (in effect spending a lot of money for something i may not use a lot).

if anyone has an old video/graphics card lying around, i'd love to take it off your hands and maybe revitalize my dormant love of pc gaming. i have a copy of company of heroes i could send your way as a thank you, or any of the other items on my list.

You know what, if anyone has a copy of Disgaea that isn't getting too much use, it's been a huge pain to find it. I don't want to seem greedy but it's like the game stopped existing.

Let's see...

I don't have anything spectacular, but here's something:

Belkin Wireless G router
Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO Router (I don't have the install discs for either, unfortunately)

Dreamcast:
MDK2
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Code Veronica
Resident Evil 2

PS2:
Final Fantasy IX (I've got more around here somewhere, but no clue where it is. I'll post it later if I find it)

Comics:
100 Bullets: First Shot, Last Call and Split Second Chance
Ex Machina: 1-3
Batman: No Man's Land 1, 2
Spider-Man: Blue
Daredevil Legends (Yellow, basically... same gimmick as Spider-Man Blue)
Milk and Cheese: Fun with Milk and Cheese

Guides:
Windwaker (Brady) (gawn)
Oblivion (Prima)

Books:
Nevermind. I can't bear to part with my books.

I'm sure I'll find more stuff later. This thread is a good way to get rid or a lot of excess crap I've got shoved into closets and boxes and corners.

(Also, I'm going to edit this post for things added and things given away to keep from cluttering things up too much)

Google

Can I have your comics?

I've always wanted to get into them, but I've no idea where to start, or where to buy 'em...

TheExodu5

Banned
Tralfamadore64 said:
PS2:
Final Fantasy IX (I've got more around here somewhere, but no clue where it is. I'll post it later

I'll take FF IX! Lent my copy of FF IX to a friend before I even got to play it, and he left the country :lol. I'm not joking.

Tralfamadore64 said:
Let's see...

I don't have anything spectacular, but here's something:

Belkin Wireless G router
Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO Router (I don't have the install discs for either, unfortunately)

Dreamcast:
MDK2
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Code Veronica
Resident Evil 2

PS2:
Final Fantasy IX (I've got more around here somewhere, but no clue where it is. I'll post it later if I find it)

Comics:
Milk and Cheese: Fun with Milk and Cheese

Guides:
Windwaker (Brady)
Oblivion (Prima)

Books:
Nevermind. I can't bear to part with my books.

I'm sure I'll find more stuff later. This thread is a good way to get rid or a lot of excess crap I've got shoved into closets and boxes and corners.

PMed.

Tralfamadore64 said:
Dreamcast:
Code Veronica

Comics:
Holy shit! Will take! PM incoming!

Roxas

Tralfamadore64 said:
PS2:

dude, im helping you out here. Dont give this away for free.

Man, I hate to do this, but I'm not sure how to handle the multiple requests for the same thing. I'll go by first post, I suppose, even though it makes me feel sort of bad. If you guys want to discuss between yourselves to see who wants what more or whatever, that's cool. I'm going away for a few hours, but I'll check this whenever I get back.

If anybody has any good books or any french language software, I'd be interested.

TheExodu5

Banned
Tralfamadore64 said:
Man, I hate to do this, but I'm not sure how to handle the multiple requests for the same thing. I'll go by first post, I suppose, even though it makes me feel sort of bad. If you guys want to discuss between yourselves to see who wants what more or whatever, that's cool. I'm going away for a few hours, but I'll check this whenever I get back.

If anybody has any good books or any french language software, I'd be interested.

What do you mean by french language software? Software to learn french? I might.

Roxas said:
dude, im helping you out here. Dont give this away for free.

? I don't really see any reason not to. Checked amazon, and the going price seems to be somewhere around ten or fifteen bucks. I'm not too worried about it, unless you can make a case for keeping it or selling it for the money.

Alright, really going now.

TheExodu5 said:
What do you mean by french language software? Software to learn french? I might.

bah! one more.

French language anything is what I should have said. Software, old french text books, flash cards, a spare french guy you just have laying around. Whatever.

TheExodu5

Banned
Tralfamadore64 said:
bah! one more.

French language anything is what I should have said. Software, old french text books, flash cards, a spare french guy you just have laying around. Whatever.

I'm sure I must have some stuff for you somewhere.

Roxas

Tralfamadore64 said:
? I don't really see any reason not to. Checked amazon, and the going price seems to be somewhere around ten or fifteen bucks. I'm not too worried about it, unless you can make a case for keeping it or selling it for the money.

Alright, really going now.

Oh, i guess its different in the U.S. But in PAL land, an original (picture disk) version of FFIX could get around £30-35 ($70) on ebay.

I'd love to get rid of my

FF11 collection
LOTR Online
Lineage 2
City of Heroes/Villains

but I'm not sure if it will work since I've already used them.

I have a Joust XBLA code if anyone wants it i also have some 48 hour live codes if anyone wants em (not sure if the 48 hour codes are expired il have to check when i get home)

Edit: All Gone

I have Shenmue for DC. A year ago, I wanted to play it again, and so I got it. I'm never going to play it again. So, it's free to a good home.

TheExodu5

Banned
Roxas said:
Oh, i guess its different in the U.S. But in PAL land, an original (picture disk) version of FFIX could get around £30-35 ($70) on ebay.

Haha yeah I just checked amazon UK and that seems to be the case. Odd that Final Fantasy VII goes for 15 pounds there and Final Fantasy IX goes for 30. It's the complete opposite in North America (with FF VIII and IX costing about $10).

YaSeeTheoo said:
I have a Joust XBLA code if anyone wants it i also have some 48 hour live codes if anyone wants em (not sure if the 48 hour codes are expired il have to check when i get home)
ill take joust

YaSeeTheoo said:

I'll take a 48 hour code (or more if you want). I've been silver for a month now :(

Shit... I had two people jump on it at once. Since it doesn't have the manual, (the time of the posts were the same, one was a PM) I will give it to the PM man.

Magnus

Stray/Exodu5:

NP's from 1992-2001, I think. I'll have to dig it out of a few boxes and have a look later today or tomorrow. I kind of just posted on a whim when I saw the thread. I'm sure the older years aren't *mint*, in fact I recall Jan '92's issue (SCIV on the cover) was ripped to shreds on the corners and was taped back on. I was a kid and I moved every few years. :(
But from '93 or '94 on I'm sure they're all pretty solid, just normal wear and tear from being moved around and packed/unpacked a lot.

PM me if you're still interested I guess? I'll get back to you when I unearth them and post pics/whatnot. :)

TheExodu5

Banned
Magnus said:
Stray/Exodu5:

NP's from 1992-2001, I think. I'll have to dig it out of a few boxes and have a look later today or tomorrow. I kind of just posted on a whim when I saw the thread. I'm sure the older years aren't *mint*, in fact I recall Jan '92's issue (SCIV on the cover) was ripped to shreds on the corners and was taped back on. I was a kid and I moved every few years. :(
But from '93 or '94 on I'm sure they're all pretty solid, just normal wear and tear from being moved around and packed/unpacked a lot.

PM me if you're still interested I guess? I'll get back to you when I unearth them and post pics/whatnot. :)

Wickedly awesome. Condition is of no importance to me really. I'm just a huuge Final Fantasy VI fan, and I would love to have any publication material on the game. I wasn't old enough at the time of release to really comprehend these games, and I didn't become a gamer until like 96 or so (when I was still only 9), so it would be awesome to read some of the stuff from back then.

I've got a Platinum Hits copy of Kameo, nearly brand new only played it once.

I'm strapped for cash so if anyone wouldn't mind doling out $1.50 for shipping, it would be very nice of you. Not a requirement, though-- this is a free thread after all.

taken by Gatekeeper

Mr. Spinnington said:
I've got a Platinum Hits copy of Kameo, nearly brand new only played it once.

I'm strapped for cash so if anyone wouldn't mind doling out $1.50 for shipping, it would be very nice of you. Not a requirement, though-- this is a free thread after all.

GIMME! :p Wifey's been wanting to play since we got the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom