• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "FREE to a good home" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
vas_a_morir said:
I have Shenmue for DC. A year ago, I wanted to play it again, and so I got it. I'm never going to play it again. So, it's free to a good home.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh give me disc 1!!!

just disc 1!!!!

mine is cracked and I can't play it anymore :(

Magnus

TheExodu5 said:
Wickedly awesome. Condition is of no importance to me really. I'm just a huuge Final Fantasy VI fan, and I would love to have any publication material on the game. I wasn't old enough at the time of release to really comprehend these games, and I didn't become a gamer until like 96 or so (when I was still only 9), so it would be awesome to read some of the stuff from back then.

iirc, there were 3 months of coverage on FFVI, somewhere between Aug and Dec '94. They also did a nice Secret of Mana coverage from Oct '92 to Dec '92 which read like a journal of the boy's adventure. There was a lot of artwork in there, was kind of nice. NP had its charm back in the day.

TheExodu5

Banned
Magnus said:
iirc, there were 3 months of coverage on FFVI, somewhere between Aug and Dec '94. They also did a nice Secret of Mana coverage from Oct '92 to Dec '92 which read like a journal of the boy's adventure. There was a lot of artwork in there, was kind of nice. NP had its charm back in the day.

Sounds awesome! :D

Final Fantasy VI for sure. I didn't expect 3 months coverage...that's sweet. Anything on Chrono Trigger, or maybe Lufia 2? I'm assuming there's nothing on Final Fantasy IV, right? (I figure it would have been in earlier issues)

TheExodu5

Banned
Snidely Whiplash said:
So I'm going to guess I'm not the only one who PM'd Tralfamadore64 about one of his routers then?

He said he was leaving for a bit. You probably won't get a reply until later.

TheExodu5 said:
He said he was leaving for a bit. You probably won't get a reply until later.
No I know that, but he mentioned that a few people all PM'd him asking for the same things and he wanted us to try and work it out in this thread.

Google said:
Do you want to go halves?
Sure -- thanks for the offer. You were first, so you get dibs.

You mentioned you're new to comics -- what do you think you might like?

If you must know, I'm interested in 100 Bullets, Daredevil, Spider-Man and Batman.

Magnus said:

if you have any of these....

s0y6iq.jpg

nx1j47.jpg

144cz0m.jpg

30m4w3b.jpg

plus any old Dragon Warrior or SNES RPG coverage....

Google

plaidtopia said:
Sure -- thanks for the offer. You were first, so you get dibs.

You mentioned you're new to comics -- what do you think you might like?

If you must know, I'm interested in 100 Bullets, Daredevil, Spider-Man and Batman.

I guess the Spiderman and the Batman would be a decent place to start - so lets say I'll take the Batman, and the one you didnt want, and you get the rest - you're the fan, so I've no problem...

TheExodu5

Banned
straydog1980 said:
if you have any of these....

plus any old Dragon Warrior or SNES RPG coverage....

Well I can't see the pics since I'm at work, but clearly we're both after SNES RPG material.

I'm willing to settle for the Final Fantasy VI coverage alone, since it's the most important thing to me. Chrono Trigger would be wanted as well, but I'm sure you want that too. I guess we'll wait till he posts to see how we divide things up.

Magnus: When you dig through your NPs, if you happen to come across the August '95 (Volume 75) issue with a cover feature on the Virtual Boy, will ya keep me in mind? If you don't just happen to come across it, no worries, but if you do (purple cover with a VB on it), I'd definitely be interested in that!

TheExodu5 said:
Well I can't see the pics since I'm at work, but clearly we're both after SNES RPG material.

I'm willing to settle for the Final Fantasy VI coverage alone, since it's the most important thing to me. Chrono Trigger would be wanted as well, but I'm sure you want that too. I guess we'll wait till he posts to see how we divide things up.

you can have the VI stuff, the only RPG's i'd be interested in really are Dragon Warrior, Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana/Evermore.

also, the pics I posted were of Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros 3, StarTropics and Mario Kart covers, not rpg's. DON'T PANIC :eek:~

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm sure you've been told by now but sell that stuff on ebay. I sold a good deal of my old SG's, soundtracks and other assorted swag and made some good money on it. I still have a Suikoden IV art book I can't get rid of though.

tanod

when is my burrito
To the people fawning over FF9, I'm pretty sure you can buy that on the Target website.

EDIT: nm, that was VIII.

Google said:
I guess the Spiderman and the Batman would be a decent place to start - so lets say I'll take the Batman, and the one you didnt want, and you get the rest - you're the fan, so I've no problem...
If you're interested in the superhero stuff, too, then you should take it all -- I've got plenty lying around. Go ahead and take Batman, Spider-Man and Daredevil -- I'll just grab Ex Machina and 100 Bullets and be more than happy! Thanks for offering to split it up!

Google

plaidtopia said:
If you're interested in the superhero stuff, too, then you should take it all -- I've got plenty lying around. Go ahead and take Batman, Spider-Man and Daredevil -- I'll just grab Ex Machina and 100 Bullets and be more than happy! Thanks for offering to split it up!

*shake*

truly101 said:
I'm sure you've been told by now but sell that stuff on ebay. I sold a good deal of my old SG's, soundtracks and other assorted swag and made some good money on it. I still have a Suikoden IV art book I can't get rid of though.

i would love you for it. suikoden iv is one of my favorite games

neight

Banned
Daredevil: Yellow is godly. Although you'd probably appreciate it more if you were already a Daredevil fan. Speaking of which, I can't praise the series enough. Ever since its reboot in 1998 it has been the only consistently good mainstream comic book. I never find myself thinking that even one story arc is bad.

I have a free Half Life 2 download on Steam I can gift to somebody if they want it. I figure almost everyone has it by now.

edit: given to Guled

Much like Magnus, I have a TON of old Nintendo Powers in a big box. Probably the first 120 or so issues (I can check for sure later if I remember). In varying conditions, but I'm sure most of them are pretty good. I don't want them anymore.

I'd kind of prefer to get rid of them all in one big lot. Shipping them somewhere might get kind of expensive though. I'm not even sure the best way to do it. I'm in the Boston area if that helps any.

But PM me if you're interested in trying to figure something out.

TheExodu5

Banned
plaidtopia said:

I don't know if Google is willing, I'll gladly pass if he wants it, but I've never read comics before, but I really love Spider-Man. Seeing as how he requested Batman, and you don't mind giving away Spirder-Man, could I check those out?

Google

TheExodu5 said:
I don't know if Google is willing, I'll gladly pass if he wants it, but I've never read comics before, but I really love Spider-Man. Seeing as how he requested Batman, and you don't mind giving away Spirder-Man, could I check those out?

Stop joining our Comic's crew!!!!

Nah, the only reason I'm not being a cunt about it was because he posted in response to the thread literally seconds after me.

Its not his fault I type like a mother-fucker...

I'll make you a deal - let me read the comics - If I love 'em, I keep 'em, if I dont, I'll pass them along!

miyuru

I'm sure I have lots of E3 garbage that maybe someone would want. I'll make a post tonight or in a couple days...

Costanza

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
Tell him he gets to play it on one condition, that he creates the "Costanza plays HL2: EP1" thread. :lol
I've played it before on 360 but I kinda want to play through it and HL2 on PC, since they're supposedly "superior".

Teknoman

Costanza said:
I've played it before on 360 but I kinda want to play through it and HL2 on PC, since they're supposedly "superior".

They are. Especially if you've got the hardware for it.

Ah theres that invite too.

Pewp

Have some more stuff
junk
that would be nice to get rid of.

Picture021.jpg

Due to my lack of money being a student and all, shipping out some of these can start getting costly. If you want to include a small shipping fee ill send it to you right away.

Pewp said:
Have some more stuff
junk
that would be nice to get rid of.

Picture021.jpg

Due to my lack of money being a student and all, shipping out some of these can start getting costly. If you want to include a small shipping fee ill send it to you right away.

What game is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom