• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2019 to feature ‘around 10 brand new game announcements’ | Resident Evil 3 Isn't Among Them

Mista

Banned
TGA2019-1024x576.jpg

The Game Awards 2019 will feature around 10 new game announcements, awards show creator Geoff Keighley said in a Reddit AMA.

“We have a bunch of brand new games being announced at the show—I think there are around 10 new games / projects being revealed if you want to count the things that no one has heard about yet,” Keighley said in response to a question about how many reveals to expect at the show. “As always the internet has a lot of really bad information out there about what you think is at the show… but it sure is fun to read.”

One of those announcements was previously confirmed to be the debut title from developer Wolfeye Studios, which was established by former Arkane Studios directors.

Keighley also confirmed that recently leaked Resident Evil 3 remake is not one of the announcements.

“There are no plans (never were) to do anything with Resident Evil 3 at the show,” Keighley said. “A lot of these ‘leaks’ are completely wrong. Nothing about our show has leaked as of this writing.”

Asked if there are “any reveals that will surprise the hell out of everyone watching” or “any trailers for games people have been waiting forever for,” Keighley replied, “Dangerous questions! I’m not sure, everyone reacts differently to things. We’re just trying to make the best show we can based on the content available to us!”

The Game Awards 2019 will broadcast live on December 12 at 5:30 p.m. PT / 8:30 p.m. ET via YouTube, Twitch, Mixer, Facebook, Twitter, and various other platforms. According to Keighley, it will run about two-and-a-half hours.
Gematsu

Thabass

Jeff said:
“Dangerous questions! I’m not sure, everyone reacts differently to things. We’re just trying to make the best show we can based on the content available to us!”

Nice, Keighley. Very nice response.

Cravis

its been 5 years. its getting announced. one or the other.
I hope you’re right.

WB Montreal has gone almost an entire generation without releasing a game. If they were owned by any other publisher they’d been shut down long ago.

I’m going to laugh so hard if their game is listed as a next gen title.

Chromata

Keighley gets a lot of criticism from some crowds which I feel is undeserved. He's come really far with the game awards and I like the industry more with him in it. I have low expectations for any big announcements because the major companies are remaining tight lipped on next gen games. Seems they're saving it all for a killer reveal show than the game awards (which is more of a celebration of 2019 gaming).

Pure 2.5 hour Crowbcat video incoming (no editing necessary this time)

I do like Geoff, and he is one of the few respectable "gaming journalists" left. However... there's a reason his relationship with Kojima has become a meme at this point.

brian0057

Banned
Apparently REmake 3 is gonna be shown in a PlayStation State of Play prior to the Game Awards?
Can anyone confirm this?

Hinedorf

Banned
I really love the gaming awards, I think it's very well produced and gives a platform for nothing more than really showing off all the games we'll be playing next year. I tend to think they keep getting better and better every year and was very fond of the Red Dead live performance in 2018

Kinda feel 2019 games overall are a little lackluster compared to 2018 but hoping we get some good demos.

Mista

Banned
Update: Speaking in a newly posted Twitter video, Keighley said, “there’s more than 10 new games being announced, I think there’s actually 15 or something.”

What happened to that AAA harry potter game that was in the talk like a year ago? maybe now it's finally time. Given how good it looked back then pretty sure will steal the show if it actually shows up

Top Bottom