• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Getaway 3 trailer for TGS

Getaway is the same trailer from e3, and Lair is the same one from a few months back. They also have a Project Assassins teaser up, which just looks fucking wierd.

The Getaway video is a new look at the same area, looks fantastic... love the statue panning scene.

Lair on the other hand doesn't impress me...

mr_nothin

Banned
This is not the trailer from E3.
IIRC the only footage from E3 on Getaway was a realtime demonstration.
This is new. We have to remember that this is only using the CELL for EVERYTHING beside outputting the final image. Its doing all of the AI and Graphics rendering...
Impressive.

The pit crew in that GT Vision video looks amazing O_O

tgranturismovisioncamtgs5h264c.jpg

tgranturismovisioncamtgs5h264c1.jpg

It's all in the animation. :D

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Can someone tell me how to d/l gametrailers....uh...trailers?

I can see the streaming video fine, but I when to left click on the Qtime or WMV icons it will only allow me to save the link..

WTF?

FightyF

Banned
Interesting that they aren't going with the overcast days...which did make lighting a lot easier...just ambient and that's it.

I can't wait, I love The Getaway.

omg to their HD-video of Vision GT!!.

Look at the shadows in the pitstop.. looks like realtime shadows to me (with those jaggie-edges that are in some games.. like F1 C 99-02 on the PC.)

Looks awesome.

Zaptruder

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
Interesting that they aren't going with the overcast days...which did make lighting a lot easier...just ambient and that's it.

I can't wait, I love The Getaway.

Overcast days for what? and how do you know this?

I've heard that dynamic weather was one of the features they were planning to include...

or maybe it's one of the features I'd wish they'd include.

Regardless, they need dynamic lighting for headlights anyway.

No more lightmaps PD! Naughty PD :p

ourumov

I always thought the first Getaway was an inversion...So much potential wasted just because the HW limitations of last gen's hardware.
The Getaway features which is quite probably the biggest 3D environment ever :) Now imagine it with realistic graphics like the ones in the trailer...Add to this the direction of McNamara and you have a winner.

Can't wait for it. Go SCEE.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Kleegamefan said:
Can someone tell me how to d/l gametrailers....uh...trailers?

I can see the streaming video fine, but I when to left click on the Qtime or WMV icons it will only allow me to save the link..

WTF?

If it comes down in the right size but as an HTML file, just change the extension to .wmv (or .mov, depending on which you chose).

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
ourumov said:
Add to this the direction of McNamara and you have a winner.

McNamara left to set up Team Bondi - they're working on L.A. Noire for PS3. He took some others from The Getaway team with him.

ourumov

I've had heard something...But I thought they were just rumors...That might explain what happened with The Getaway 2...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I thought the second Getaway was quite a bit more fun than the original. :\

Some of the mechanics were silly, but they were a lot more enjoyable to use. Never did finish the original game, but I did complete the sequel (on a rental, of course).

ourumov

The Getaway 1 is the only game I have played on a console that has crashed on me several times...The 60Hz mode was buggy as hell and so was the game...which freezed many times without any apparent reason. And don't start talking about graphical glitches... :p
But I loved it...I guess I loved the cinematics, the story and the characters...and the language too.

ourumov said:
The Getaway 1 is the only game I have played on a console that has crashed on me several times...The 60Hz mode was buggy as hell and so was the game...which freezed many times without any apparent reason. And don't start talking about graphical glitches... :p
But I loved it...I guess I loved the cinematics, the story and the characters...and the language too.

You should have played the NA version, it never crashed on me. I liked Getaway 1 but I never beat it because it was a friends copy and the game was very tough especially the mission where you have to infiltrate the police station. It took some time to get used to the controls though.

Izzy

Banned
gofreak said:
McNamara left to set up Team Bondi - they're working on L.A. Noire for PS3. He took some others from The Getaway team with him.

That's true. From what I've heard, the game is even more ambitious AND on a higher budget than the original Getaway. @_@

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
ourumov said:
So what didn't you like about the sequel? The cinematics, story, and characters were all pretty good as well...but the game was also a lot more playable as well.

Technically, the game did a few neat things. There were a couple dark areas where you used a light beam on your weapon. They took an approach similar to that of a few other developers and delivered a light beam that SEEMED perpixel. The light beam also cast full environment and character shadows (similar to Silent Hill on PS2). Considering how few of these scenes were in the game, I was more than a little suprised at the attention to detail they gave it.

Elios83

Izzy said:
That's true. From what I've heard, the game is even more ambitious AND on a higher budget than the original Getaway. @_@

As long as it doesn't end up like The Getaway (megarolleyes).....
Anyway I'm looking forward to LA Noire,I love the noire settings.

Elios83 said:
As long as it doesn't end up like The Getaway (megarolleyes).....
Anyway I'm looking forward to LA Noire,I love the noire settings.

What do you mean by noire settings? I am not familiar with this term

ourumov

So what didn't you like about the sequel? The cinematics, story, and characters were all pretty good as well...but the game was also a lot more playable as well.

Technically, the game did a few neat things. There were a couple dark areas where you used a light beam on your weapon. They took an approach similar to that of a few other developers and delivered a light beam that SEEMED perpixel. The light beam also cast full environment and character shadows (similar to Silent Hill on PS2). Considering how few of these scenes were in the game, I was more than a little suprised at the attention to detail they gave it.
Never played it...Most reviews said it wasn't very good so I didn't buy it. But after reading you I think I'll get it...Now it's just 30€ (non-platinum version)...Next week I'll do a lot of purchases !

MGS 3 Special Ed.
KOF 2002
The Getaway 2

:)

Elios83

Doom_Bringer said:
What do you mean by noire settings? I am not familiar with this term

Just a few examples of noir setting and atmosphere:

Games: Discworld Noir, Grim Fandango
Movies: the recent Sin City.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Nice trailers. Getaway trailer is especially interesting. Lair trailer is also kinda new. They basically cut out the scene with large number of dragons flying, but you can see the insane detail level a lot better in the high res video. Pay attention to 26-28 sec, where you can see the microstructure of the dragons skin.

ourumov

Already released Megateto. It's the one with the metallic box. :)

The premium pack didn't arrive...just like with Sons of Liberty even though Spain had received the Premium Pack of MGS1 !

I guess Subsistence will be released, just like Substance was.

megateto

-1 for me!!!! I was thinking about Subsistence's SE.

I already have the tin edition (no reserve, got to the shop on day one and I got it)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Very lovely trailer. I've a hard time believing Cell is rendering that all on its own, but regardless, if they're "simulating" the city, that's still a good Cell demo. It'll be really interesting to see games like GTA and others that really wanna go for that angle.

I know it's a small detail, but I love how they have "wet" areas on the pavement etc. Definitely gives it a dirtier, more real feel of a city.

ourumov

Never been in London...I think that's called Picadilly Circus though ;) Anyways to my point:

London%20-%20Piccadilly%20Circus.jpg

It's kinda curious they are keeping ALL the place like it originally was...With references to important brands that quite probably haven't paid to be there (on the game/demo)...Does Sanyo belong to Sony ? And TDK ? I don't think so...I wonder what Team Soho would have done if there was an XBOX advert...or an I-POD one... :D :D :D

pcostabel

Gold Member
fortified_concept said:
Can someone explain to me what the hell does that mean on the Lair video?

snapshot200509201801485kg.jpg

Is it realtime or not?

Yes, it's realtime, although I think in-game is a bit of a misnomer, since it doen't look like you can actually play with those camera angles. What they mean is that it's footage generated in real time by the game engine.

ourumov

Ooooops ! When I think that perhaps in the next weeks I'll have to go there...I'd better get a good guide :lol :lol :lol
Some of my friends that have been there claim that London is so fucking big comparing it to Barcelona...It's hard to imagine such a big city. I guess I'll be surprised...just like the farmer that visits a city for the first time.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
ourumov said:
It's kinda curious they are keeping ALL the place like it originally was...With references to important brands that quite probably haven't paid to be there (on the game/demo)...Does Sanyo belong to Sony ? And TDK ? I don't think so...I wonder what Team Soho would have done if there was an XBOX advert...or an I-POD one... :D :D :D

I'm sure that the "established" ads, and stores etc. in the area are a no brainer. But transient ones, things like the bus ads etc., I'm sure they'd probably try and keep it to sony related product, perhaps. For example, the lords of dogtown ad on the side of the bus in there - it's a sony movie.

On a side note, whatever optics simulation they're using with this, it needs to be done more often. It's amazing how "real" a look it gives to it.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
ourumov said:
Ooooops ! When I think that perhaps in the next weeks I'll have to go there...I'd better get a good guide :lol :lol :lol
Some of my friends that have been there claim that London is so fucking big comparing it to Barcelona...It's hard to imagine such a big city. I guess I'll be surprised...just like the farmer that visits a city for the first time.

Don't mention Barcelona... I want to come back now damn it :p

Beautiful place, Beautiful people and I don't think I'll ever forget the view from the top of Parc Guell. :(

FightyF

Banned
Zaptruder said:
Overcast days for what? and how do you know this?

I've heard that dynamic weather was one of the features they were planning to include...

or maybe it's one of the features I'd wish they'd include.

Regardless, they need dynamic lighting for headlights anyway.

No more lightmaps PD! Naughty PD :p

No the first title was all overcast.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Gofreak said:
On a side note, whatever optics simulation they're using with this, it needs to be done more often. It's amazing how "real" a look it gives to it.

What is optics simulation? What is it adding to make the demo look better?

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
In the original E3 Getaway PS3 demo, CELL was simulating DOF and white balance of a camcorder optics......very convincing...

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
It's a joke BTW, It's effectively both Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus :lol they are practically a stones throw from each other, hence the original posts smiley :p, but to be fully accurate, the part with the advertising hoardings (Sanyo, TDK, Nescafe) is Leicester Square.

bovo

I know you said you were joking/being pedantric but is this....

Vennt said:
but to be fully accurate, the part with the advertising hoardings (Sanyo, TDK, Nescafe) is Leicester Square.

....even true?

I only started replying as others thought they were wrong - i personally don't care what you call it - i've never even been to leicester square (except to station to change lines)

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
You really won't let me have my fun will you :(

No, it's a common misconception I was playing on, You'd be surprised how many people believe it is though, almost as many as those that believe theres actually a Circus at Piccadilly :p :lol

pcostabel said:
Yes, it's realtime, although I think in-game is a bit of a misnomer, since it doen't look like you can actually play with those camera angles. What they mean is that it's footage generated in real time by the game engine.

In that case the game looks GREAT. Especially the part with the rain was absolutely impressive.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Vennt said:
That's Leicester Square, not Piccadilly Circus. :)

Wrong. It's the statue of Eros right OUTSIDE Piccadilly Circus station. Liecester Square is where the cinemas and little 'square' park are.

Top Bottom