• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Giant Beastcast: Episode 13 - 08/21/15 - Lucky 13

Volotaire

2752164-beastcast.jpg
Date: 08/21/2015 - Duration:
2:29:21
- Direct Link - Download - Premium

We talk a lot about diners. We spend a long time on it. We also talk about Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Super Mario Maker, and Regulation D investment opportunities. But mostly it's about cheese fries and we play Life is a Highway.

Filed Under: Fig, Dark Souls, Super Mario Maker, Dark Souls III, Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Diner

Rotating Chair: -

DRgF8Dx.png

Come visit the GB Community Thread!

PSA: Beastcast up later in the day next week because the crew is doing Beastcast LIVE at PAX PRIME

Zaph

Beastcast is hilarious so far.

Also, Vinny was totally the kid at school who called the teacher mum.

GRaider81

Fast becoming my favourite podcast.

They all seem to have an enthusiasm for games that restores my enthusiasm for games after listening to the often jaded bombcast.

Don't get me wrong I still love listening to the bomb guys but the Beastcast seem to celebrate games more.

Megasoum

Banned
The Beastcast is the only of the two podcast that uses a scheduled release (like they do with quicklooks) and I bet they can't put the RSS upload on a schedule so when the podcast is ready on Thursday, Vinny puts it in the CMS with the 6AM release time but then we have to wait for him (or someone else) to wake up on friday morning to manually upload it to the RSS.

That's my guess anyway.

The Beastcast is the only of the two podcast that uses a scheduled release (like they do with quicklooks) and I bet they can't put the RSS upload on a schedule so when the podcast is ready on Thursday, Vinny puts it in the CMS with the 6AM release time but then we have to wait for him (or someone else) to wake up on friday morning to manually upload it to the RSS.

That's my guess anyway.

That sounds totally awful, but more importantly I can't imagine Dave or any of the engineers, past or present, thinking that would be a good idea for a CMS that lets you schedule podcasts. My money's on weird caching issues.

Anyways, FULL BEAST MODE ACTIVATED
when I get home from work

Myggen

I think this Nintendo firing discussion dragged on a bit too long, but really good podcast overall! The ending is great.

My diner expectations are pretty much all the things Vinny mentioned but also: it must be a place that the asshole trucker guy from Superman 2 would enjoy a meal at.

I think this Nintendo firing discussion dragged on a bit too long, but really good podcast overall! The ending is great.

Why is everyone in the media wrong about this? They're totally missing all the shit he talked about because no one actually listened to the podcast. It is immediately obvious to anyone in their right mind that he was way out of line. He did this before, too, so, yes, he clearly should have been fired.

Zaph

Why is everyone in the media wrong about this? They're totally missing all the shit he talked about because no one actually listened to the podcast. It is immediately obvious to anyone in their right mind that he was way out of line. He did this before, too, so, yes, he clearly should have been fired.

They did seem to gloss over his tone and the Japanese reaction, but I think they're just trying to be courteous to a guy who lost his dream job, especially after that apology post of his. He paid for the mistake dearly, so no point twisting the knife.

Top Bottom