• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The global version of Love Live! School idol festival 2 MIRACLE LIVE! announces its Feb 2024 launch and its subsequent end of service on May 31, 2024

Must be one of the funniest gacha game announcements yet lol.

In case the tweet gets deleted:

image.png

Timeline of events:

GEq3N3YWYAEIZk7

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I can never understand love for F2P gatcha games. I like beautiful character designs in my games as much as the next guy but I want it to be actual game, not F2P gtacha game that I will never access to once the sever gets shutdown…..what the fuck is the point of it?

Last edited:
I can never understand love for F2P gatcha games. I like beautiful character designs in my games as much as the next guy but I want it to be actual game, not F2P gtacha game that I will never access to once the sever gets shutdown…..what the fuck is the point of it?
Tbh, gacha games are very popular in Japan, Korea, China and in a few other Asian countries and not so much in the West. Here's a breakdown with Genshin's revenue on mobile for 2023 by country:

China : 41%
Japan : 23%
USA : 10.9%
South Korea : 6.7%

Last edited:
I know they are, I’m big fan of Japanese games but their F2P gatcha game I just can never get in to.
Have you tried Honkai Star Rail? It's a JRPG with turn based combat and one of the better gachas on the market. I think you can still get a free 5 star character till the end of the month. The characters are super well designed and animated (both the waifus and husbandos), and the overall production values are high. Oh and it's also on the PS5 (have put about 8h in it so far).

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Have you tried Honkai Star Rail? It's a JRPG with turn based combat and one of the better gachas on the market. I think you can still get a free 5 star character till the end of the month. The characters are super well designed and animated, and the overall production values are high. Oh and it's also on PS5 (have put about 8h in it so far).
If the game requires to be online only then I don’t want it…..I can get games like Unicorn Overlord with gorgeous characters without need to deal with F2P and gatcha nonsense.

If the game requires to be online only then I don’t want it…..I can get games like Unicorn Overlord with gorgeous characters without need to deal with F2P and gatcha nonsense.
Well, that's understandable since I don't like online requirements in games as well. However, I do occasionally make exceptions for good games which Star Rail 100% is.

Anyway, like March 7th would say

march-7th-hsr.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom