• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GS Warriors Are NBA Champions; Hold The Record For Best Postseason Record at 16-1

Ever

Banned
It's crazy to think we're looking at the next 2-3 years of the NBA

Forget having having a chance until 2020, there's literally no point in watching because after this re-sign we already know what's going to happen for the next few years.

Whether you're a normal person or a Warriors fan, they're here to stay.

Shills calling this tripe greatness and Silver too busy deflecting to do what needs to be done and put on a hard cap or something.

Honestly no point in watching anymore, players just cashing checks now because there's no chance of doing anything meaningful for your next years, so get paid.

Shills are going to come out the woodwork to bash this post but we all know it's true but no one wants to admit it.

Sad!

Hahaha Jeopardy

Man.

I really wanted this finals series to go to 7, would've made up for the shitty playoffs we got. Surprisingly, the regular season was more entertaining than normal, but damn did this post-season suck, even if the last 3 games were good.

RootCause

as a third party person here, I would love to see that. Maybe the rest of the league owners would demand change

Plus apparently, ring count is everything when talking about the GOAT, and these Warriors are likely winning the next 2-3 chips

I don't think I could watch a single game of the season. :p
Though I wouldn't blame them for improving their team.

NYR

This seems like a very silly point of contention.

I would say congrats but fuck the dubs and KD's ring changing man baby ass. He does deserve MVP tho
Durant won them this championship. Don't kid yourself, without them, the Cavs can be close to even with them.

2JRGOD8.gif

Some people ain't good at holding Ls :shrug

xfactor99

Golden state didn't even have fans until like 3 years ago. Do you even remember 2001?

I've been a Dubs fan since 1998, this notion that all Warriors fans are all bandwagoners is a lazy narrative that completely overlooks the We Believe era.

That 2001 Lakers team was really great but it played some weak competition; certainly, no team that matched this year's Cavs. I'd say what puts the Warriors ahead is the superior point differential in the playoffs and far superior regular season.

edit: Nvm what I said about the Lakers having weak competition, I got owned below and deserve it

I've been a Dubs fan since 1998, this notion that all Warriors fans are all bandwagoners is a lazy narrative that completely overlooks the We Believe era.

That 2001 Lakers team was really great but it played some weak competition; certainly, no team that matched this year's Cavs. I'd say what puts the Warriors ahead is the superior point differential in the playoffs and far superior regular season.

Lakers over the Jail Blazers, Webber Kings, and prime Duncan Spurs, sweeping all of them.

Are you kidding me?

zero_suit

What?!!

Beach

Lord Jesus

xfactor99

So happy. Respect to the Cavs though. Lebron's the best athlete I've ever seen.

As a Warriors fan after seeing these last 3 finals I say he's better than Jordan. The Warriors have some of the best, most elite wing defenders in NBA history and he is still completely unstoppable. Not only that he consistently makes his teammates better and always makes the right pass to the open shooter.

His main flaw is that he's been doing jack all on defense though. But hey when you gotta play 46 minutes cuz the team is horrendous without you...

bionic77

LOL salty ass Laker fans, this GoldenState team is better than any Lakers team ever.
Except that Lakers team 3-peated and never got blown out like GS did when they went 15-1.

GS is definitely deeper but IMO Kobe and Shaq were more dominant than any 2 players on the Warriors. Would have been a really weird series if those teams played.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just a warning that if this thread ends up derailed or full of hot take spam posts cluttering up the discussion like previous NBA threads have had at times this past seasons, all offenders will eventually be dealt with accordingly.

That's why I said he deserves the MVP. He's still a ring chasing man baby

Don't do this. This is how things start to go south. Talk about the circumstances with the league, salary cap, free agency etc that enabled it to happen, but random personal hot take attacks is what I'm referring to above.

Except that Lakers team 3-peated and never got blown out like GS did when they went 15-1.

GS is definitely deeper but IMO Kobe and Shaq were more dominant than any 2 players on the Warriors. Would have been a really weird series if those teams played.

Prime Shaq in general was just a really fast and strong center, that would be one of the few players that could legitimately threaten the Dubs almost singlehandedly in the history of the NBA.

He's just a bad match-up for them.

Either way, both teams are in the conversation for GOAT teams

Top Bottom