• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

char fountain pen
6rG87Vb.jpg

G-Fex

That's a nice pen.

And holy crap I got a surprise gift from a loved one, a HG Full Armor Unicorn Gundam Destroy mode / Red color version.

in the meantime finished this cutie

uVmLGOxm.png

Now that I finished Seed Destiny, I can race through G Gundam and Turn A, and then hope Daisuki gets more.

Im sad I missed the golden age of Seed fandom engagement, however, it seems that Shinn wasnt served well in the fandom, wheres all his fics :(, for exaample so few of ShinnKira, its a cute crack pairing IMO.

Beth Cyra

Now that I finished Seed Destiny, I can race through G Gundam and Turn A, and then hope Daisuki gets more.

Im sad I missed the golden age of Seed fandom engagement, however, it seems that Shinn wasnt served well in the fandom, wheres all his fics :(, for exaample so few of ShinnKira, its a cute crack pairing IMO.
You'll find more Shinn pining for Athrun-Senpai

That said while I do get your love of crack pairings (I think best Gundam pairing is Relena/Dorothy) one of the few things both east and west Gundamfans agree on is their hatred of Shinn.

You'll find more Shinn pining for Athrun-Senpai

That said while I do get your love of crack pairings (I think best Gundam pairing is Relena/Dorothy) one of the few things both east and west Gundamfans agree on is their hatred of Shinn.
Is it safe to assume Releena is the bottom in the Releena x Dorothy ship?

Miker

So I'm watching Gundam 0079 the series and halfway through, I'm enjoying it, but it's not particularly interesting or fast-paced. Char hasn't been in the last 20 episodes or so, and although I'm going to stick with it, I'm curious if the pace ever really picks up. I know it's serialized and things happen every episode, but it feels like an encounter of the week string of episodes where the Gundam/Guncannon/Guntank solve the problem, and they move on.

So I'm watching Gundam 0079 the series and halfway through, I'm enjoying it, but it's not particularly interesting or fast-paced. Char hasn't been in the last 20 episodes or so, and although I'm going to stick with it, I'm curious if the pace ever really picks up. I know it's serialized and things happen every episode, but it feels like an encounter of the week string of episodes where the Gundam/Guncannon/Guntank solve the problem, and they move on.

I don't know if it necessarily picks up but the shift of setting
from Earth back to space
as well as the increasingly crazier mobile suit and mobile armor designs help keep it fresh.

I think there is only 10 episodes where Char doesn't appear.

That section is the weakest. After that it's smooth sailing

CBTech

I always wondered if Tekkadan salvages anything after a battle.

They could use those ships and mobile suits

That's how they initially upgrade the Barbarossa and get ahold of a Graze. They also repurpose the Fusion and supporting mobile suits.

Beth Cyra

I just realize that they use white mobile suit for rival now
They've been flirting with it since Tallgeese and I was happy to s e them bring it back heavily with OO and Age even if the more desired Version of the villain suit is the red movie version.

Olengie

Idk. I just expected them to hve more mobile suits and ships. Im aware they sell the extras but I thought they would have more than what was shown.

Guess im too spoiled in expecting large scale battles.

Idk. I just expected them to hve more mobile suits and ships. Im aware they sell the extras but I thought they would have more than what was shown.

Guess im too spoiled in expecting large scale battles.

They say early on and show this a lot, that mobile suit combat is simply too expensive for most organizations to have many if any at all. In the first season they have a handful even by the end of that, in the second they have significantly more but still considered few next to Gally bros.

NEO0MJ

Its feet are kinda strange, I feel they clash with the rest of the body.

Anyways, finally finished my MG Turn X and at last I have now started working on the Tryon 3. when I'm done with it I'll go on a painting spree.

Edit: Also, when's MG G-Self?!

Imgur is wonky today, wtf.

Anyway, I love that the new anime store in the Galleria mall stocks Gunpla. Picked up the RG Build Strike, HGAC Wing Zero, and HGBF Lunagazer.

They had the MG Psycho Zaku, that's a big box.

That's why you color it yourself, silly!

That requires imagination which I lack when it comes to color schemes. I'm not even sure why I own an airbrush because I've only primered one model so far, then I stopped. I'm too afraid of messing up things so they just sit around.

I have no idea why I have this irrational fear.

Fou-Lu

So ended up asking my girlfriend for the Nu Ver Ka for my birthday and it is on its way to me now. I threw a MG Exia Dark Matter into the order with my own money because I am an addict.

What the fuck is this fucking horse shit list? No way in hell is Seed, Seed Destiny and Gundam 00 better than Turn A, Zeta and Victory.

SEED continues to hold on to that love in Japan. This is why we're getting a Providence kit next instead of an IBO Master Grade.

IBO makes sense, because it's good and new. "New" tends to win lists unless its bad.

First, G, and 00 are too high. 8th MS is too low. Zeta needs a spot. I'd probably go with 0083 too.

Age is not on this list and Destiny and Wing lower than 00? Impossible

At least two thirds of this is bad words that should not be said.

TheFlow

Banned
SEED continues to hold on to that love in Japan. This is why we're getting a Providence kit next instead of an IBO Master Grade.

IBO makes sense, because it's good and new. "New" tends to win lists unless its bad.

First, G, and 00 are too high. 8th MS is too low. Zeta needs a spot. I'd probably go with 0083 too.

At least two thirds of this is bad words that should not be said.
I think we will be fine without master grade ibo kits for good while.

Way more deserving kits of the mg status atm

I guess duckroll's interpretation is right, so it's emotional (he said something about it in the other thread). Even if the Japanese says burning chest. To me that's vague, but duckroll has way more experience than me. Of course I still don't think the list is great.
By what metric are Kamille and Usso not emotional though?

TheFlow

Banned
All this talk about MG is so boring! Let's petition Bandai to release a RG Master Gundam with horse instead!
Um can we get a shining gundam 2.0 first. Surprised it hasn't been teased yet given the gundam anniversary, recent g gundam blu ray, and sheer popularity

Master gundam and horse is definitely iconic though and pure wtf at the same time. A giant horse robot

Beth Cyra

Um can we get a shining gundam 2.0 first. Surprised it hasn't been teased yet given the gundam anniversary, recent g gundam blu ray, and sheer popularity
While G is in good standing many suits are more popular then it and haven't received 2.0's such as Wing Zero EW, Alex, and GPO2 A.

Granted it could happen but so far the only AU 2.0's are Strike and Freedom and those are Amuro lvl popular.

TheFlow

Banned
While G is in good standing many suits are more popular then it and haven't received 2.0's such as Wing Zero EW, Alex, and GPO2 A.

Granted it could happen but so far the only AU 2.0's are Strike and Freedom and those are Amuro lvl popular.
But at least those got real grades. G gundam needs some form of love. Especially when we are getting things like gm sniper 2 in 2017.

Makes me believe anything can happen

Top Bottom