• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

Didn't expect to get any Gunpla today from the store I go to, but they had this so.

18252384_1360409504051225_2737839328175587328_n.jpg

They had the HG Bael as well, but with Buster coming I decided to wait. And props to them for also getting in the Premium Edition of the MG Providence. Whoever orders their kits knows what's up.

Aaand finished. Pardon the terrible panel lining, my marker tip is getting frayed. I have a new one coming with the Buster.

18252411_461821630836371_3421847848277245952_n.jpg

Fair warning to anyone that gets this, the head has a lot of small parts that can be hard to put together at first (mainly the red pieces). Make sure you don't drop and lose any of them, I almost had that occur.

Otherwise, if you've built the Red Frame there's not much difference aside from the backpack and the Blitz arm (dat Trikeros). There are enough leftover parts to assemble a regular Astray right arm and shoulder, if that's your thing.

I didn't really care for how it looked with that long Okitsu no Kagami weapon so I just left it equipped with the claw.

Rahvar

Aaand finished. Pardon the terrible panel lining, my marker tip is getting frayed. I have a new one coming with the Buster.

18252411_461821630836371_3421847848277245952_n.jpg

Fair warning to anyone that gets this, the head has a lot of small parts that can be hard to put together at first (mainly the red pieces). Make sure you don't drop and lose any of them, I almost had that occur.

Otherwise, if you've built the Red Frame there's not much difference aside from the backpack and the Blitz arm (dat Trikeros). There are enough leftover parts to assemble a regular Astray right arm and shoulder, if that's your thing.

I didn't really care for how it looked with that long Okitsu no Kagami weapon so I just left it equipped with the claw.

Looks nice :) also jealous that you can walk into a store and get gunplas :(

Should I or should I not...

If you do it, I will...

Also back from Hong Kong, saw so many bootleg gundam things. "Gundam Seed Astray!" t-shirt, with the Wing Zero EW on it. A nondescript HG Murasaou from 00 ect. No Dragon Momoko stuff but I did not look that hard or in any specific model places. Good times though.

Rahvar

It's a place called PopCult. They don't have a huge selection but it's better than what Barnes and Noble usually has (who also seem to be trying to replace Gunpla with Star Wars models).

Hope they keep the Gunpla then! I had to order mine through Amazon Germany since the UK site doesn't ship any Gunpla to Sweden. 2-4 weeks delivery -_-. Found one Swedish online retailer that sells Gunpla but they have a limited selection and can be pricy.

It's a place called PopCult. They don't have a huge selection but it's better than what Barnes and Noble usually has (who also seem to be trying to replace Gunpla with Star Wars models).

Yeah, same thing where I am with regard to Barnes & Noble. I do have another local hobby shop nearby that has a surprisingly good stock of Gunpla, Robot Damashii, etc. though the prices are kinda meh. I did get a Gundam Converge Rx-78-1 for about $2 from B&N the other day though, but it seems like that was their clearance price.

Paltheos

I haven't seen any talk here as of yet, but Dragon Momoko posted colored pictures of their MG Testament. Looks pretty good! I think some of the silver might be too much, but I'll judge when I get the final product.

Semi-related, I went to a group build yesterday. My friend started the DM Deathscythe Hell I bought him. :) Things we've observed so far: The majority of pieces are tight, the elbow has this really need locking mechanism that secures the arms in a few positions, and the wrist is laughably weak - Enough to hold itself but probably nothing else (and no polycap inside :( ), although, since this is the Deathscythe and because the arms are so strong this probably shouldn't matter in the final result. Also, DM very thoughtfully provides a curved handle for the scythe so you can make your action poses look extra dynamic.

At said build, I started my MG Nu ver. ka HWS. Never built a Nu or a ver. ka before, but having finished the torso, I am entertained (and splurging for the sky blue psychoframe and pastel recolors was totes worth it). Also, so many runners. I took pictures before but haven't uploaded yet.

Gundam Build Fighters

GundamGAF, you should know: I find almost all the BF designs gaudy. There's like a handful of cool designs, but most of them are too flashy, busy, and/or uncoordinated.

PS: Looking at the Deathscythe Hell's torso alone, I realize that it bears a striking resemblance to Giratina.

Hi GundamGAF. First time posting in here.

Kind of pumped for a new Builders series or OVA. We get at least a couple of good designs each season. Heck, Kämpfer Amazing is one of the best designs for any mobile suit in a while.

Are any of the IBO kits worth it? I mostly do HG stuff, but only a couple of the mobile suits looked interesting. Vidar, Gusion Rebake, and Barbatos Lupus are the only one that did anything for me.

Is the fighters thing just more ovas? or what? It seemed unclear and the way people online make it sound like a whole new tv series is odd, since I dont see anything that implied that, unless I missed something?

Is the fighters thing just more ovas? or what? It seemed unclear and the way people online make it sound like a whole new tv series is odd, since I dont see anything that implied that, unless I missed something?

"Extra Battle Project" sounds like a OVA rather than a new series. Also I remember reading a while back that there were 2 OVAs planned, 1 based on the original series and 1 based on Try

Dang your cracking them out fast!

Wanted to burn through mine this weekend for my last days of vacation but caught a cold on my return from Hong Kong. Nothing worse than trying to look down for a few hours ish and a runny nose! Hope to beat it quick and start Providence.

Dang your cracking them out fast!

Wanted to burn through mine this weekend for my last days of vacation but caught a cold on my return from Hong Kong. Nothing worse than trying to look down for a few hours ish and a runny nose! Hope to beat it quick and start Providence.

Yeah, I blew through the Buster today. Didn't intend to, really. Just couldn't stop lol.

It also helps that it's pretty basic, no ridiculous backpacks or anything.

also nice AVY.

"Praise my name! Witness, bathed in the glory of my countenance! Praise my name!"

Well, yeah, guess I do like the Buster a bit more now.

Up next on my next payday is the Blitz.

Nice! I really do like the GAT-X series quite a bit. Might get an HG Duel once I get through some more of what I already have.

Incidentally I did go to my local hobby store yesterday afternoon to get a new set of tweezers...walked out with that and an HG Char Zaku I.

Oh yeah. I guess I do have a few small gripes about the Duel and Buster. Nothing really major, which is why I didn't post it at first but w/e

1. Yet again Bandai forgets that Duel (and Strike IIRC) can store their beam rifles on the side skirt armor.

2. I could understand Aegis, but why do Duel and Buster have decals for the Vesalius when they were stationed on the Gamow in the beginning? Unless it's because Vesalius is technically the flagship they're under, which would explain it.

Like I said, small nitpicky thing.

NEO0MJ

I found the show utterly incomprehensible, but I do agree about the G-Self. I did get the blu-ray with the intent of giving it another shot.

I doubt it will change your opinion much. Man, that was such a bad show. I know Gundam isn't high art but I don't think I've ever seen it at such a low point.
Still, mechas from it were so good.

Oh yeah. I guess I do have a few small gripes about the Duel and Buster. Nothing really major, which is why I didn't post it at first but w/e

1. Yet again Bandai forgets that Duel (and Strike IIRC) can store their beam rifles on the side skirt armor.

2. I could understand Aegis, but why do Duel and Buster have decals for the Vesalius when they were stationed on the Gamow in the beginning? Unless it's because Vesalius is technically the flagship they're under, which would explain it.

Like I said, small nitpicky thing.

At least the Build Strike does allow side skirt beam saber storage. I can see where it would be irritating for that to have been left out though.

Shun

Good morning Gundam fans.

MG G-Self Ver. Ka confirmed? ^^
I don't believe you.
That would be my Holy Grail.

Whether or not some of this is Gunpla related is up for you to ponder and find out.

There is a lot of G-Self promotional work with Akiman, and will that translate to a kit soon I wonder? Is there a finished prototype coming too? More news on our animation project?

There is a prototype of the MG Harute was planned back since 2012 now with more details and full Marute LED transformation. Will there be a special prototype showing too?

What does Reborn mean? Formula?

I'll be at the show on Thursday to find out. Will you be there Shun?

Yes we finished doing Gundam World at the Factory earlier and we have been setting up at the twinmesse. We always try to push our engineering and we hope you drop by and see the improvements we have made and more at our booth.

Please look forward to what Bandai will have in store at the 56th Shizuoka Hobby Show later this week and at our international events throughout Asia later this year.

Shun

Do not worry Beth Cyra and The Sum of Zero, we're setting up the High Resolution Wing Gundam Zero (EW) right now.

Laputa_94

Started to watch IBO again having fell off at episode 16. I discovered I can't watch Gundam weekly I am too much of a binge watcher so I held off. I tend to binge the final 10 episodes to each Gundam in a single sitting. Regardless I remember the basic story beats and find myself enjoying it again.

Also does anyone have the MG Qubeley? I've had my eye on it for a while and wasn't sure if I should get a kit that old(2001). I know there is later releases for the mark 2, but I want it in the original colors, and don't know if those improve the build at all.

TheFlow

Banned
Started to watch IBO again having fell off at episode 16. I discovered I can't watch Gundam weekly I am too much of a binge watcher so I held off. I tend to binge the final 10 episodes to each Gundam in a single sitting. Regardless I remember the basic story beats and find myself enjoying it again.

Also does anyone have the MG Qubeley? I've had my eye on it for a while and wasn't sure if I should get a kit that old(2001). I know there is later releases for the mark 2, but I want it in the original colors, and don't know if those improve the build at all.

My only complaint is that is easy to come apart, but also easy to snap back when grabbing it and posing it. I have had no problems with stuff falling off after I put it into pose. It also holds the pose quite well. I plan to put mine on a stand to show off its full glory.

this thing is huge as fuck.

Size comparison amongst other popular kits.

as you can tell it looks weird on the ground. needs to be on a stand which it does fit on the by the way.

Laputa_94

My only complaint is that is easy to come apart, but also easy to snap back when grabbing it and posing it. I have had no problems with stuff falling off after I put it into pose. It also holds the pose quite well. I plan to put mine on a stand to show off its full glory. as you can tell it looks weird on the ground. needs to be on a stand which it does fit on the by the way.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably pick it up in the near future, and I'll make sure to have an action base to go with it. I need to be careful not too buy more kits than I can build again, I still got the crossbone x-1 to build.

TheFlow

Banned
Thanks for the info. I'll probably pick it up in the near future, and I'll make sure to have an action base to go with it. I need to be careful not too buy more kits than I can build again, I still got the crossbone x-1 to build.

I honestly recommend the revive Quebley instead. half the price, little bit smaller, but more up to date.

and yea. I learned the hard way of buying too many kits at once. I tried to be like sum of zero.

I honestly recommend the revive Quebley instead. half the price, little bit smaller, but more up to date.

and yea. I learned the hard way of buying too many kits at once. I tried to be like sum of zero.

Hey, I don't buy too many at once. >_>

At most its been three (seldom) but usually it's one at a time, albeit it can be in quick succession. I try my hardest to avoid the dreaded backlog.

Bombless

So with Versus coming up soon I figure it's time I dived back into my kits pile and start putting in some work, especially now that I have plenty of space to display them.

My question is what kind of action base do you guys recommend for HG kits?

Also, speaking of HG kits, I just found out there's a Meteor kit out there and it looks badass. I'm thinking of ordering one...or maybe two. Can't have Athrun empty handed.

So with Versus coming up soon I figure it's time I dived back into my kits pile and start putting in some work, especially now that I have plenty of space to display them.

My question is what kind of action base do you guys recommend for HG kits?

Also, speaking of HG kits, I just found out there's a Meteor kit out there and it looks badass. I'm thinking of ordering one...or maybe two. Can't have Athrun empty handed.

Action Base 2. Whatever color you want.

Yeah the Meteor is great. It's huge with the beam swords. Meteor + Freedom was actually my first kit.

Top Bottom