• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Halo 3 E3 Campaign Trailer

GhaleonEB

The new EGM scanz have hit the interwebs. If you link to them or talk about where they are, or ask for PM's about where they are, you are banned. Period.

Discussion on the content starts at this post.

That's all kids! Happy reading!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOMEONE FIND SHOTEH AND HOLD HIM!

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=ethreeblowout

H3_E307_3P01.jpg

H3_E307_3P02.jpg

H3_E307_3P05.jpg

H3_E307_3P04.jpg

H3_E307_3P05.jpg

h3_ChiefJungle_0706.jpg

H3_forest02.jpg

H3_E307_FP01.jpg

JdFoX187

Banned
500 - Internal Server Error...must resist urge to kill!

Absolutely LOVED the trailer. The narraration was awesome to. "Your world will burn until its surface is but glass..."

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
That was incredibly average... my hopes that single player would look fantastic went down the drain. Did they show any innovation at all?

alfy13

lol watched it on my pc and on g4tv. and adam sesssler said, it didnt look much different from the halo 3 MP footage. also it seems they was not impressed with it. i guess maybe im blind also, but the SP didnt look that much different from halo mp graphcially.

Amir0x

Banned
looked totally mediocre, pretty shocked at this. Still excited... it's Halo... but thought its massive budget would buy something better looking. Gears still rules roost by wide margin, no surprise there i guess.

Lo-Volt

I was expecting a slightly bigger hint of the story than that, especially since it was the last really big industry gathering in America before the game releases. Fine if they wanted to keep the big parts or surprises secret, but they offered so little at first glance. I mean, the game releases in under three months, give us something more than an ARG that made GhaelonEB foam at the mouth and start showing substance.

Frenck

Banned
Wow, so many new things:

- Arby + MC replacing Mel Gibson and Danny Glover as best on screen buddy team ever
- Non wussified Scarab fight
- Johnson getting owned by Brutes
- Warthog variants
- Emo Chief
- Drones being way cooler than before
- The new (???) Halo ring looks bad ass
- Epic space battles
- Lara Croft cameo
- Longsword action
- Guilty Spark having the last laugh in his rivalry with Cortana
- Arby taking karate lessons from Chuck Norris
- Civilians for the win
- Epic vehicle assplosion fests

PleoMax

Banned
This is a shitty trailer.

The pace sucks, the editing blows, the music is shit for what is being shown (doesn't make sense, the music itself is good), i mean....

Like a low budget trailer or something. Horrible, and that was basically the same for all the other MS games. I don't understand.

They all looked like fan made trailers, terrible.

jman2050

TemplaerDude said:
what the hell at the haters in this thread, that trailer was bloody amazing in a millino different ways. jesus christ.

Not hate really, just a lot of apathy. As there should be, at least looking at the graphics. I have no doubt it'll still be a great game.

alfy13 said:
lol watched it on my pc and on g4tv. and adam sesssler said, it didnt look much different from the halo 3 MP footage. also it seems they was not impressed with it. i guess maybe im blind also, but the SP didnt look that much different from halo mp graphcially.
well the other guy *the one sitting in the middle* did say it looks better than the beta if you take into account the horizon.

LukeSmith

If you saw the G4 "version" of the trailer, make sure to download it from Bungie.net so you can get the uh, "full, correct and not fail" version.

IJoel

Maybe it was just me, but I was somewhat underwhelmed. It's not so much disappointment, but that trailer seemed like a bunch of random 'explosion' quick cuts with some rather average background music. I usually find Halo trailers to be quite intriguing and well created. Not so much this one.

Edit: Also, what in the devil... no confirmation on online coop, or other features. I mean, geez, the game will come out, as Peter said, in 11 weeks. Utter disappointment at the conference.

Ngeist

So, the Master Chief of the E3 2006 trailer was fake, CONFIRMED ?
The one we can see here is just a HD version of the one in Halo 2...

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
PleoMax said:
This is a shitty trailer.

The pace sucks, the editing blows, the music is shit for what is being shown (doesn't make sense, the music itself is good), i mean....

Like a low budget trailer or something. Horrible, and that was basically the same for all the other MS games. I don't understand.

They all looked like fan made trailers, terrible.
You couldn't make this shit up. :lol

The scenes in the trailer itself were amazing, but they seemed haphazard. They weren't so much cinematic as just random demonstration footage. That is to say, there was no proper sequence to them. First we're on the ground, cut to the jungle, cut to space, go back, etc.

Kuroyume

Banned
Looks great... I loved seeing the Chief with Arbiter.

True or False... It's kind of pointless allowing lurkers when neither members nor lurkers can browse the forum.

It looked decent, but I'm certainly not impressed by it. My first reaction to the presentation was that it looked early, and that can't be right. I'd say that I'm underwhelmed, but I hate that phrase. Nevertheless, it should be a trip to play, and that's what Halo is all about anyway.

wow, did you guys watch the same trailer or what? that look absolutely stunning in every facet of possibility. the graphics were amazing, the gameplay and action looked awesome. i don't know what the hell you guys were expecting, an entire video showing the whole game? they showed a montage that spans probably the whole freaking game.

god standards in here need to be cranked down a couple thousand notches.

It looks great, but that trailer didn't come off to great at the press conference. Looks like a gameplay montage you'd find on Xbox Live Arcade or to advertise the game in a retail store. A proper trailer should have been made.

PleoMax

Banned
cjelly said:
You couldn't make this shit up. :lol

It's the truth. Halo 2 trailer spanks this left and right.

This trailer is so weak, there's no excitement, no "omg did you see that" moments, no nothing. As a trailer it sucks

Really underwhelming

Top Bottom