• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hill: White House press aide resigns amid shakeup

GreyWind

White House press aide Michael Short resigned on Tuesday, capping off hours of drama over whether he would be fired by President Trump's new communications director.

"I have resigned, effective immediately," Short said in a brief text message. "It was a privilege to serve the President of the United States."

Short's departure came after White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci told Politico Tuesday morning he planned to fire him over alleged leaks.

The spokesman initially responded that he had not been told of his dismissal.

”No one has told me anything, and the entire premise is false," he told CNN.

In a bizarre statement to reporters on the West Wing driveway, Scaramucci decried the news of Short's firing as another leak — even though he revealed the move himself.

"This is the problem with the leaking," Scaramucci said. "This is actually a terrible thing. Let's say I'm firing Michael Short today. The fact that you guys know about it before he does really upsets me as a human being and as a Roman Catholic."

The brash former hedge fund manager said he would take an aggressive approach in rooting out leakers.

”I'm going to fire everybody, that's how I'm going to do it," Scaramucci said, adding that he ”a thousand percent" has been given the authority from President Trump to do so.

Source: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...on/343648-white-house-press-aide-resigns-amid

Can't have leaks if there's no one to leak.

Lock if old. I searched and didn't find anything

Damaniel

Banned
"This is the problem with the leaking," Scaramucci said. "This is actually a terrible thing. Let’s say I’m firing Michael Short today. The fact that you guys know about it before he does really upsets me as a human being and as a Roman Catholic."

What the hell does this have to do with anything?

Karkador

Banned
"This is the problem with the leaking," Scaramucci said. "This is actually a terrible thing. Let’s say I’m firing Michael Short today. The fact that you guys know about it before he does really upsets me as a human being and as a Roman Catholic."

lol...what?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
He's even slimier than a car salesman. That sentence he spouted is bat shit fucking crazy.

Shoeless

He's even slimier than even a car salesman. That sentence he spouted is bat shit fucking crazy.

But they work. If you're a Republican I guess, the only thing matters is "I'm going after libtards, so who cares what I say? As long as I say it angry, that's what counts."

I think the Republicans are on the verge of giving up any pretense of reason and just getting ready to admit they are the Party Of Outrage. It's all they stand for, really.

“I’m going to fire everybody, that’s how I’m going to do it,” Scaramucci said, adding that he “a thousand percent" has been given the authority from President Trump to do so.

Scaramucci is chief of staff now?

Let’s say I’m firing Michael Short today. The fact that you guys know about it before he does really upsets me as a human being and as a Roman Catholic.

TtJoAEZ.gif

Scaramucci sounds batty

Like a fucking loon lol..

There will never be enough true believers on staff to stop the leaks. Scientology can't even stop leaks and that's with decades of brainwashing.

Karkador

Banned
I guess, what he's trying to say is..."please consider the importance of secrets to this administration, in the context of the Catholic church."

You know, the people who try to keep widespread sexual abuse in their organization a secret.

Another one bites the dust

This stuff is actually sounds scary. All these people resigning and leaving gives them more room to put in more idiots and crazys, no?

Exile20

So a leaker leaked that another leaker will be fired?

I wonder if he fires everyone and only him is left so he fires himself and that is leaked also. An M Night Shyamalan movie right there.

My money has always been on Bannon being the primary leaker. It fuels the Deep State narrative too.

Bannon loves the chaos. He knows Trump isn't a True Believer and thus is only using him for his signature.

I expect that if Trump goes rogue and fires Sessions then the Brietbart dam breaks and Bannon/Mercers allow their hacks to start dumping on Trump until his numbers crater more, or he shows that he knows who is REALLY pulling the strings of this mal-administration

Cheerilee

The fact that you guys know about it before he does really upsets me as a human being and as a Roman Catholic.
How do you feel about Donald Trump screwing Sean Spicer out of a Pope visit, purely out of spite?

Top Bottom