• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Monthly Bundle

SaiyanRaoh

Except for Stellaris, I haven't redeemed any of my keys. Does anyone still have a key for Undertale they would like to swap for something in this current bundle? Msg me.

ghibli99

I have an extra Superhot if you have anything somewhat comparable to trade. Just PM me so as not to muddle up this thread. :)

More on-topic, kind of eh on this bundle overall after being really happy with many of their past ones... nothing that really got me excited, but hey, for $12, tough to complain. Went ahead and picked up next month's though since I've been looking for an excuse to buy SOTFS on PC. Might as well and get the extra games in a month.

Eusis

• Plague Inc Evolved - 99c mobile game somehow being sold for $15 on Steam.
Looking at that at the App Store there's a ton of IAPs that probably add up to, or even exceed, the cost on Steam. So I ASSUME we're getting a full game here, kinda like how PAC Man 256 is an ad free version.

Coldsun

Banned
Dark Souls 2 as the primary title for next month would be awesome.... except I've had since launch (and the original DS2 since it's release).
Tempted to just pause it for this next month :\

Looking at that at the App Store there's a ton of IAPs that probably add up to, or even exceed, the cost on Steam. So I ASSUME we're getting a full game here, kinda like how PAC Man 256 is an ad free version.

Even moreso, the developer is very active on new features for PC, including full Steam Workshop modding support

saunderez

Yeah I have both version and it definitely didn't cost 99c to get all the content on the Android verison of the game. Maybe not $15 though. Saying that I don't think I paid $15 for it on Steam either. I bought it years ago and I'm fairly sure it was cheaper until the Planet of the Apes and other future content came out. Good game, definitely got value out of it on both platforms.

hoggert

Tiny Echoes is the first Humble Original I've whole heartily enjoyed since Gunmetal Arcadia. Really, really cool. Pleasant surprise after how unbelievably buggy A2Be was last month. Edit: a patch for A2Be that should fix the locks/crashes/etc came out earlier this week apparently. Guess I'll give it another try.

bonesquad

Shoot, I forgot this released today and Humble never responded to my request about wanting to skip this month. Oh well, it's only $12. I'll give Super Hot a shot and maybe check out the trading thread. There's enough good bundles recently I can't be upset. Just disappointed. I guess all bundles can't all be designed around games I want to play:)

Ventara

Shoppe Keep sounded interesting. Shame it seems it was abandoned.

Seriously, why hasn't Recettear been copied a hundred times over? Succesful indie game, concept that hasn't been used a lot before... you'd think we'd get a few good imitations by now. Unless they exist and I haven't seen them? If so, please recommend. Specifically talking about the shop aspect of the game here.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I have a budget of $32AUD per month or approximately $23USD to spend on games/movies/books/Netflix so I have to pick and choose carefully where my limited dollars go.

In terms of sheer value, I doubt you'll get as much anywhere else as you do with Humble Monthly. Granted you may prefer to buy one single title, but for someone who is coming up short on games, this is by far the best choice.

Steel

Banned
In terms of sheer value, I doubt you'll get as much anywhere else as you do with Humble Monthly. Granted you may prefer to buy one single title, but for someone who is coming up short on games, this is by far the best choice.

Steam sale should be rolling through this month, so they'll probably still get their money's worth.

Plague Inc. Evolved is fun but pretty shallow, probably gonna be bored once I run through all of the plagues one or two times. I played Pandemic back in the day so it's neat to see it become bigger but yeah.

SUPERHOT is fantastic but I hate the sound it makes when a mission loads, completely unnecessary and really grating. Was worried about it running poorly on my laptop but I've got it at 1080p with everything on or set to medium and it runs great.

Eusis

Plague Inc would probably be more interesting if you could get more dynamic feedback from your choices of evolution and if there was more than one way to win akin to Civilization, IE infecting everyone or just being impossible to fully cure.

It IS fun though, but yeah it won't have truly great replay value.

inm8num2

Humble Monthly Trove
Discover a treasure trove of games! Humble Monthly subscribers have access to our full catalog of Humble originals and other DRM-free gems.

wrqX9Bt.jpg

How do you access the games? I'm on the phone so I might be missing something. Tried to find Strike Suit Zero but it's not in my library or anywhere else I could see.

If you're an active subscriber, the download links are on the Trove page. This is probably something they'll revoke the instant you cancel your sub, like the 10% store discount.

JakeD

That's pretty cool. DRM free too, so they are yours for life even if you cancel as long as you keep the installer. Also probably means nothing too good will ever be added heh. But there's at least a few games currently that I don't have otherwise that I might want to try.

Eusis

Humble Trove seems weird because it's DRM free and you don't give the games back if you cancel your subscription.
Probably why it'll remain the domain of Humble Originals and probably some games that the devs/publishers WANT to give away with only a minimal barrier. The former were not going to be sold normally anyway, and the latter is an act of generosity.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Probably why it'll remain the domain of Humble Originals and probably some games that the devs/publishers WANT to give away with only a minimal barrier. The former were not going to be sold normally anyway, and the latter is an act of generosity.

Some of the older games on there have been incredibly cheap and have sequels too. Shelter was just on sale last week for 99 cents on Steam. If it didn't get people there, they may as well give it away to let people try it out and get interested in newer games by the dev.

Wok

I'm listing here games which appeared in a humble bundle before appearing in a humble monthly bundle. Unless stated otherwise, the bundles were sold in 2015.
  • Company of Heroes 2 (tier BTA in a Weekly) appeared in a Monthly 6 months after,
  • Sanctuary RPG (tier BTA in a Weekly) appeared in a Monthly 5+½ months after,
  • Payday 2 (tier BTA+$2 in a bundle) appeared in a Monthly 5+½ months after,
  • Beyond Eyes (tier 3 in a Weekly) appeared in a Monthly 11 months after,
  • Grim Fandango Remastered (tier 3 in a Weekly) appeared in a Monthly 14 months after,
  • Saints Row 4 (tier 3 in a bundle in 2014) appeared in a Monthly 6 months after,
  • Styx (tier 3 in a Weekly in 2016) appeared in a Monthly 9 months after,
  • The Banner Saga (tier $15+ in a bundle in 2014) appeared in a Monthly 27+½ months after,
  • Broken Age (tier $35+ in a bundle in 2013) appeared in a Monthly 32+½ months after,
  • Penarium (tier 4 in a Weekly) appeared in a Monthly 3 months after,
  • Sheltered (tier 4 in the same Weekly) appeared in a Monthly 9 months after.
So, basically, any game appearing in a humble bundle at a tier above Beat-the-Average (BTA) could appear in a humble monthly bundle later on.

Wok

Question - does every monthly feature a game that was in a previous bundle?

No. Moreover, the large majority of games have never been in a Humble bundle before they appear in a Monthly bundle.

Caveat #1: very few games have been bundled elsewhere (not Humble, something like IndieGala), which I have not listed.

Caveat #2: a recent trend seems to be for the games to appear on chrono.gg first, but it is not the same as being included in a bundle.

Does anyone else have trouble downloading anything from the Trove? I tried but I can only download Starseed Pilgrim, which is already on my Humble account (which is probably why I can download it).

I bought a month of Monthly, shouldn't I be able to download the Trove games? Specifically looking at Dustforce DX.

If it matters, I'd bought one month's Monthly (for DSII) and gifted it to myself.

Wok

• Beyond Eyes (tier 3 in a Weekly) appeared in a Monthly 11 months after,
  • Grim Fandango Remastered (tier 3 in a Weekly) appeared in a Monthly 14 months after,
  • Saints Row 4 (tier 3 in a bundle in 2014) appeared in a Monthly 6 months after,
  • Styx (tier 3 in a Weekly in 2016) appeared in a Monthly 9 months after,

Assessing the odds of Stephen's Sausage Roll (SSR) to appear in the next monthly bundle was the actual reason for my little data pooling. Given that SSR was tier 3 in a humble bundle mid-May this year, I would not expect to see this game appear in a monthly bundle before November/December. So, I guess the best value to pay for this game to finish it before the Winter sales should be right now during the Summer sales.

fuzzyset

Ugh,

As you wait for the full bundle to unlock on July 7, 2017, dive into DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin.

Conveniently 2 days after the Steam sale ends. The unlock is usually much earlier, right?

Wok

it is... it always is.
just happens to be as late as it possibly could be now, but it's not like they did it to avoid the steam sale.

Especially with the refund system of Steam.

1. Buy a game on Steam less than 2 weeks before the Humble Monthly happens,
  2. Play this game for no more than 2 hours in the meantime,
  3. If the game is part of the Monthly, refund. Otherwise, keep it.

Facism

Are the CD keys in the bundle tied to your steam account, or can they be given away freely to other people? Don't really want to mess about with steam gift links if i don't have to.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Ugh,

Conveniently 2 days after the Steam sale ends. The unlock is usually much earlier, right?

No it is always a week after the final friday of the month.

Facism,

The keys are not tied to your account.

Are the CD keys in the bundle tied to your steam account, or can they be given away freely to other people? Don't really want to mess about with steam gift links if i don't have to.
Humble shows you each key to use or distribute as you wish (unless they have multiple games tied to one key, but that hasn't happened for the Monthly bundles).

Top Bottom