• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Monthly Bundle

iosefe

don't have much Dark souls experience. the first one didn't pull me as i thought it might for some reason. how is the second?

don't have much Dark souls experience. the first one didn't pull me as i thought it might for some reason. how is the second?
It's good, does some things better, does some things worse. Bloodborne is still the best.

Don't know if I should keep or trade DS2.
Since it was just in the humble monthly it'll be devalued a bit (plus it's a few years old at this point) and it's a great game so might as well keep it.

Sarcasm

I played all the soulsborne and tried out DS2:SOFS via family share. 8 hours. I put it down, the combat is off putting. Guess I will try it again.

I may break down and use a guide for this one, is there a good one?

Yeah, I don't know if I want to keep it either, I guess I might as well considering how old it is and a probable lack of demand. Never got into the Souls games, I played Demon Souls for a little bit four years ago, got one trophy but never went back... O_O Holy crap I can't believe it's been that long.

Yeah, I don't know if I want to keep it either, I guess I might as well considering how old it is and a probable lack of demand. Never got into the Souls games, I played Demon Souls for a little bit four years ago, got one trophy but never went back... O_O Holy crap I can't believe it's been that long.
If you don't want it I might buy it off you.

Wok

List of games to be released on Steam on the same day as the Monthly (July 7th):
R5R1sNZ.png
fghzGpC.png

Edit: I censored one game because it is to be released on July 8th but appears for some reason among games to be released on July 7th.

Wok

Going through the list, there is no obvious Humble Debut game. Maybe there would be none once again.

A possible candidate, which was suggested to me by Ozium weeks ago already, is SOYF, because if is a GAMEPUMP game and we know GAMEPUMP and HumbleBundle are close.

If we assume the Debut game is compatible with MacOS, the list is shorter:

B14Pgw3.png

Why is one game censored?

It is Grimoire, to be released the day after. I don't know why it appears in the middle of the games to be released on July 7th.

Wok

There is a message on the Steam forum of SOYF.

Maybe I read too much into it... But at least, JumpJetRex was featured in a previous monthly, so...

I couldn't find an email but i'm sure I was unsubscribed since i didn't get the last couple of months bundles. It's really weird.

It sounds like you put your subscription on hold instead of cancelling it. I think there's even an option to pause your subscription for 3 months. I've made the same mistake.

Wok

Hmmm... There is something weird...

On the page of the March 2016 Monthly bundle, Battlesloths is marked as a Humble Original game:

On the same page, there is a paragraph about the the Humble Trove mentioning access to the full catalog of Humble Original games :

Yet, the Humble Trove does not contain Battlesloths, maybe because the Trove is in beta:

Edit: It is also the case for April 2016.

And Fidel for October 2016:

And Tiny Echo for June 2017, but this might be normal as the July 2017 Monthly has not been revealed yet.

Honestly I didn't buy some games because they looked like good Humble bait.

I honestly find that I buys a lot less games thanks to Humble Monthly. Don't want to risk getting a duplicate. I now only buy Steam games if I plan to play them immediately after purchasing them.

MrFortyFive

I honestly find that I buys a lot less games thanks to Humble Monthly. Don't want to risk getting a duplicate. I now only buy Steam games if I plan to play them immediately after purchasing them.

Same. I buy almost nothing on Steam anymore unless it's the rare game I'm going to play immediately. Luckily this means that I've never had more than 1 duplicate in any given monthly.

molnizzle

I think I'm gonna do the same. I only just subscribed because I noticed that most of the Steam games I purchased (or added to wishlist) over the past few months were included in previous monthlies. Humble monthly + the odd day one AAA should keep me covered.

Honestly I didn't buy some games because they looked like good Humble bait.
The way I see is that even if I buy a game or fee that ends up in a bundle, the overall value of the games I don't have tends to be more than the ones I do. And I can just give away the ones I already have.

Scrawnton

New to PC gaming as of last month and this will be my first bundle. I signed up and got DS2 a few days ago. Can't wait to see what we get.

Ozium

yeah I think it's time to cancel this shit

SIMPLE PLANES was in a 50cent bundle at GROUPEES of all places months ago

humble fail

Top Bottom