• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Monthly Bundle

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Monthly game is mst often than not (always?) the base game, so you then buy the DLC and off set the big discount. "Its how they get ya", or the drug dealer tactic where the first taste is free.

gelf

Damn I would have been very happy with this bundle but I skipped because I had no interest in Killing Floor.

Zojirushi

Monthly game is mst often than not (always?) the base game, so you then buy the DLC and off set the big discount. "Its how they get ya", or the drug dealer tactic where the first taste is free.

Except that DLC is mostly shit for most games anyway and you get a pretty good deal if you don't fall for this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Except that DLC is mostly shit for most games anyway and you get a pretty good deal if you don't fall for this.

I was just saying why its usually the vanilla version is all.

Zojirushi

I was just saying why its usually the vanilla version is all.

It's cool, I caught myself thinking aw, this is just the base game a couple times in the past when games were on sale but yeah when you think about it even GOTY versions are usually not worth the extra price compared to what base versions of games cost at that point.

Kevdo

Momodora and Banner Saga 2 are both fantastic

Which means of course that I already have them :p

PM if anyone wants a back-to-school-i-swear-i'm-doing-homework-mom gift

Edit: claimed already

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Dr.Acula

Banned
Woo! ROTTR, pretty sweet!

Just checking, does Steam even sell the base version, all I see is the overpriced 20th anniversary edition?

Eusis

Also you can always wait until the DLC is on sale then go for it. That's usually what I prefer to do and where season passes can be kind of a god send.

Ludens

Banned
The fact is the anniversaru edition is much cheaper than buying the season pass for TR.
The season pass is 28€, and I didn't see a good discount on it (not even in grey key seller sites), while the whole Anniversary was discounted several times even on Steam, and you can find a copy for around 20€.

Sarcasm

August month was ok, but WMD and Killing floor 2 make it for me. Don't know if I should stay for next month. RotTR looks good but was never something I was interested and haven't played the original.

People not digging the bundle who don't know much about Momodora and Stories Untold are doing themselves a huge disservice.

Momodora Reverie is in the bundle!? If anyone doesn't want (or already has) Momodora, I'll happily take it off them for a couple bucks (Paypal).

Edit: Got it through Bundle Splits. :)

Sarcasm

Where does humble host the files for the stuff that isn't steam?

Its pitifully slow..almost pre 90s bad.

1 hour+ for 163mb...

Jedi2016

Regardless of anything else, ROTR for $12 is a steal. I'll do it for that even if the rest of the bundle is trash.

Can you gift the other games from the bundle if you don't want them or already have them?

ghibli99

Good month! Didn't have any of those games, and I had 3 on my wishlist. Paid early for RotTR, even though I already 100%'d it on XB1 almost 2 years ago (damn, has it really been that long?).

Sarcasm

FYI

Unfortunately it's just the base game, which is just pathetic for Humble Bundle and Square Enix to pull on a monthly as you can't even buy the base game anymore (all new purchases are the 20 Year Celebration edition, which includes the Season Pass and everything). So basically you have to spend more money if you want the full package.
Also, DON'T BUY THE SEASON PASS! Stick to the upgrade package to the 20 Year Celebration edition (once again, this gets you everything), as it was on sale for 5 bucks on the Humble Store a couple months ago, and will probably happen again soon at some point in the near future:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/116512/

Tank Jr.

Neo Member
This September bundle was a trick:

They had two big-value bundles previously, which incentivize a continuous subscription. Then they drop this low-value low-demand bundle followed by the high-value early unlock. They manage to package a lower value bundle to many customers without losing their subs.

I see right through Humble.

You want low value? Go look at the August 2016 monthly. That was low value.

Practically every other bundle they've released has been worthwhile in one way or another.

Looks like it is!

1kxsg3.jpg

Sorry for my word SE. :S But it does not change the fact about "dumb" because there is so much potential for selling good some of your games on PC, like; Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Dragon Quest 11/Builders, Dissidia Final Fantasy NT...

Thankfully DLC worth paying for is as rare as moby dick in games industry so it's not that much of a deal.

I forgot about the September bundle so I was stoked to see Banner Saga 2 and Worms in there (had Worms on my Steam wishlist). I signed up for the 12+1 sub because i figure over the course of the year it costs me less than 2 brand new games to get a crapload of others; so far it's borne out pretty well for me.

I came to post the same thing. Game looks odd but that's exactly his style.

It's actually a tribute to an old Game Maker project from a mostly anonymous developer called Sexy Hiking 2: http://www.gamemakergames.com/archive/sexy-hiking

Bennet Foddy and other famous indie devs (Derek Yu of Spelunky fame called it out on an early TigSource post), have talked about it as a big inspiration and a great example of early flash/game maker days. And yes, the game is as infuriating as the trailer for Getting Over It seems.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
It's actually a tribute to an old Game Maker project from a mostly anonymous developer called Sexy Hiking 2: http://www.gamemakergames.com/archive/sexy-hiking

Bennet Foddy and other famous indie devs (Derek Yu of Spelunky fame called it out on an early TigSource post), have talked about it as a big inspiration and a great example of early flash/game maker days. And yes, the game is as infuriating as the trailer for Getting Over It seems.

Before I clicked that link I knew it was Jazzuo. That guy was really odd. He also made The Sexiest Hand 1 and 2, which i reviewed at the time.

Top Bottom