• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Monthly Bundle

Pretty stingy of Bethesda to not just give them Fallout 4 as the headliner at this point.

Yeah, it is strange to parade F2P game goodies and the barebones hobo edition of ESO. All of those titles are an ad for the more expensive experience.

Should have opened with Doom/Fallout/Dishonored 2 because those are full games.

HotchieMotchie

Neo Member
These Bethesda bonuses sound...not all that great.

I can't tell if the Quake Champions thing is the full game or just some bonuses. It only lists two champions instead of every champion being unlocked.

I dont want anything to do with this elder scrolls shit, but the last time I didn't care about the headline game I missed out on Satellite Reign and KRZ so i dunno man

bevishead

Neo Member
This month is ok. Only game I recognize is Tomb Raider which I already own. Next month I'm in for full access Quake Champions.

I dont want anything to do with this elder scrolls shit, but the last time I didn't care about the headline game I missed out on Satellite Reign and KRZ so i dunno man

I might try and see if anyone is interested in the Early Unlock stuff and if they want to buy it from me I'll stay this month. Otherwise, it's not worth the gamble to me personally.

dickroach

$12 for Tomb Raider alone was worth it
Scanner Sombre sounds like a game I could knock out in an hour or two before bed one night. cool art direction.
Seasons After Fall looks good
Furi i got on ps+
the other games: bleh

zulux21

so games like Seasons after Fall and Orwell: Keeping an Eye On You are why I love the humble monthly.

they are games I had never heard of, but both sound like great games I would have otherwise missed.

not that I actually really play games anymore.
but they can at least go in my collection >.>;

What a dud month for me. There’s almost no chance I’ll even install any of these games. But I’m staying subscribed like I always do... because of the fear of missing out. This service has really gotten that hook in me.

kulapik

Furi is amazing. Already had it and Tomb Raider though, havent heard of the other games. Anything worth checking?

Getting over It looks amazing, it's by the creator of QWOP, I've seen Northernlion stream it, and it can be annoying and make you lose tons of progress in a few moves, but it's hilarious.

Kicking myself for not jumping on this months bundle but it felt justified with everything else I wanted to be playing. I would've been in for everything except WarGame I guess.

Having said that, I feel like it's hard to justify Humble Monthly because you can just buy/trade to get anything so you never miss much. It's usually smarter to do it that way as you avoid overloading your backlog, or playing games you weren't all that interested in just because you want to try everything from that month.

zulux21

What a dud month for me. There’s almost no chance I’ll even install any of these games. But I’m staying subscribed like I always do... because of the fear of missing out. This service has really gotten that hook in me.
you can always sell or trade the keys here or in the buy sell trade thread.
I like to give out a bunch of them at christmas to my friends.

I am personally looking to obtain a few copies of Seasons after Fall for friends (having not heard of the game 20 mins ago lol)

Furi is amazing. Already had it and Tomb Raider though, havent heard of the other games. Anything worth checking?

it depends on what you like but
Orwell: Keeping an Eye On You
Seasons after Fall
and The Shrouded Isle caught my interest.

Good month, since all of the games on the list I'm at least vaguely interested.

LOL at next month's early unlock being a bunch of free-to-play bullshit, though. Unsubscribed.

zulux21

Is the ESO they offer the steam one or the non steam one?

hSDYmA8.png

is how they came

Month seems alright but not that great. ROTR, Red Dragon and i suppose Orwell (which i could have played on Origin, though) are games i had interest in, so it's not that bad but not that good.

Next month's revealed games seem really bad though. 2 Sets of bonuses for F2P games, and an MMO that is usually really cheap and doesn't even come with some of the DLC.

Re-reading the Steam page for Quake Champions and the Monthly's Description, It seems that it is just the Game and 2 Characters, but the $30 Version on Steam gives you all the Characters.

What a terrible Deal.

Neoweee

Re-reading the Steam page for Quake Champions and the Monthly's Description, It seems that it is just the Game and 2 Characters, but the $30 Version on Steam gives you all the Characters.

What a terrible Deal.

This is like one of nine items in a $12 dollar bundle, so no shit it offers less than the $30 version.

I'm really interested in Quake Champions but didn't want to throw down 30 for it. I'm fine with 12 and only getting 2 characters. If I really like it I will spend more later.

Gestault

These blind bundles continue to bat "zero" for me. I was almost tempted last month by Rise of the Tomb Raider (to double-dip for a PC version), but I held off, and the others they revealed would have ended up redundant or disappointing.

Edit: Wait, that isn't even a complete Quake Champions? Woof.

fuzzyset

The Waypoint crew talked about Shrouded Isle a bit ago. Sounded really neat. A quick game (rogue-like, but they were able to 'beat it' after a couple hours).

These blind bundles continue to bat "zero" for me. I was almost tempted last month by Rise of the Tomb Raider (to double-dip for a PC version), but I held off, and the others they revealed would have ended up redundant or disappointing.

Edit: Wait, that isn't even a complete Quake Champions? Woof.

Yeah, I've been subbed since Feb and thinking about stopping. I might be in the minority here, but I wish they moved away from the 'big tent-pole title + a bunch of very small games'. I seem to remember the lists before I subbed being more 20-30$ indie / non-AAA games. Idk, I guess I still haven't played RotTR, but I'm just not that interested in a 1-2yr old AAA game.

Jawmuncher

Glad I skipped this bundle. Nothing of interest to me.
Next months with the games beinf these Bethesda things doesn't inspire much confidence in the next.

StereoVsn

September turned out to be pretty great. Tomb Raider plus a few potentially interesting indie games with half of those in my wishlist.

ZugZug123

LMAO next month. Quake Champions, ESOnline, and ESLegends loot

This month's games:

-Rise of the Tomb Raider
-Furi
-Scanner Sombre
- Getting over It with Bennett Foddy
-Wargame Red Dragon
-Orwell
-The Shrouded Isle
-Seasons after Fall

Not familiar with any of the unlocked games except for Orwell which is on my wish list. At least that means I don't own any of them 😊

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I can't even be bothered to redeem the games they've given the past couple months. If I didn't already have a huge library, I guess I'd be more pumped. It's not that the games are bad, it's just that I usually already the few I'm interested in.

I don't think Humble Monthly is bad, but it's bad for me.

GamingArena

Yeah it's the Full Game from the looks of it.

Man i just Purchased a Month of EA Access to play Orwell. :/ Good Month though, Scanner Sombre looks amazing.

NO its not a Full game they only give you 2 Champions on top of free Ranger so you get 3 total from 11 and more coming in the future so basically this is only 20% of Full game...

Barebones edition of ESO next month is disappointing, given that I’ve been semi-interested in the game. They don’t have to give me Morrowind but damn.

Don’t think I’ll outright cancel though.

Pretty satisfied with the October bundle here though. Some good stuff in it.

zulux21

Barebones edition of ESO next month is disappointing, given that I’ve been semi-interested in the game. They don’t have to give me Morrowind but damn.

Don’t think I’ll outright cancel though.

Pretty satisfied with the October bundle here though. Some good stuff in it.

I mean it's disappointing, but it's still a $20 thing that goes on sale for $5+ and thus as part of a $12 bundle isn't a bad inclusion.

it will still give you a chance to try out the game.

I mean the bundle has often times been ways for companies to give you the base version of the game in hopes that you buy more content for it.

rise of the tomb raider was just that way :p

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Furi! I knew that constantly deciding my backlog was big enough would pay off eventually. Orwell and Scanner Sombre have both looked real interesting but also like the kind of game I wouldn't go out of my way to buy, I'm pretty happy with this bundle even if it's because of cheaper games.

Next month though. Wow. Can not hold the subscription fast enough to skip next month. 15 whole days of access and assorted free to play bullshit, Bethesda you are just too generous to deserve my money.

robotrock

Banned
No steam key for getting over it?

edit: Also does the quake champions key mean that you get access to all future heroes and all existing heroes for free?

Paragon

It looks like pausing your subscription immediately removes the 10% store discount and access to the Humble Trove, if anyone else is planning to pass on next month's bundle. Should have waited.

Make your decision based on whether or not you feel the early game is worth $12.
If it's not, don't buy the bundle. Then you aren't really buying 'blind'.
You're buying one game for $12 and may get extras that also interest you.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, my favorite game in the bundle is Getting Over It. i love this sort of stuff, its infuriating but endearing at the same time.

Top Bottom