• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The I bought the DVD/Blu-ray/4k disc and don't want the digital code give away |OT|

psychotron

This may be a bit off topic but does anyone know of a trustworthy place to buy digital codes? I want to get the new Beauty and the Beast for my daughter.

Batman and Harley Quinn 4K UV
US Code. Dont know if it will be 4K, but it came from a 4K UHD blu-ray

Post your favorite Batman the Animated series episode.

Bonus points for why its your favorite and the Title cards.

It's a toss-up between:

bha17jF.png

and

Joker's Favor for showing how fucked up and crazy Joker can be to the average everyday citizen. Almost Got 'Im is a nice collection of mini-stories -- especially Killer Croc's attempt.

th

A lot of the memorable episodes came during the New Batman Adventures which I guess is technically a different show. There are so many good ones i decided to go with the initial one when thinking about this question.

"Sideshow" was the first episode that popped into my head, the one where Killer Croc escapes and Batman hunts him through the woods to a Freak Show. I loved how this gave Croc a chance to be this sympathetic character because of how he looks. Though it was how ugly he is on the inside that foiled his plot. The man hunt through the forest makes it a memorable backdrop as most episodes take place in the city.

latest

Feat of Clay (a two part episode)

What makes The Animated Series one of (if not the best) Batman universes are the respect that goes into its villains. They're not just "bad guys" who do bad things. These people have been hurt, they've suffered, and they do what they must out of desperation. Clayface is a perfect example. It was a tough call to choose between this and Heart of Ice, but I chose this because I feel it's less popular. Clayface is a generic sounding character on paper. But in these episodes he's fleshed out with a backstory, with friends, with motivation, and with pain. Matt Hagen isn't a villain, he's a victim.

00-59.jpg

Because what more could you want from an episode (or 2) of Batman? There are 2 things that make a Batman story great; an interesting villain and clever detective work, and in my opinion, this does both better than any other episode.

Snaku

Banned

img_6564lnsli.jpg

I was about Robin's age when this episode came out, and was experiencing the same type of feelings for a girl in my class as Robin was for Annie. The revelation that she was just a Clayface drone, and her sacrifice to save Robin really affected me. It's a nice episode about love and loss that's often overlooked.

Already mentioned but it's still my fav

..."and then I threw a Rock at him"... Haha, never gets old. The episode is like NBA all star Weekend but with Batman Villians

bmp.png

This episode is an homage to Cool Hand Luke, which is awesome in itself, but with a Batman flair. As a film fan and Batman fan, it scores double points with me.

4nODQw1.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Question about regions.. I'm in Canada right now and noticed that some blus don't have French on them, assuming they are generic NA region. However, I noticed on the OP:

That said, the only GUARANTEED way to redeem a code is to redeem it in the country that it was sold in

So if I am still here and use my VUDU under a Canadian IP it should be ok?

Syriel

Question about regions.. I'm in Canada right now and noticed that some blus don't have French on them, assuming they are generic NA region. However, I noticed on the OP:

So if I am still here and use my VUDU under a Canadian IP it should be ok?

You can check the region of a UV code by using:
https://www.myuv.com/redeem

If they are Canada only, you can just redeem them with a Canadian UV provider (like Flixster, which is still supporting UV outside the US) that is linked to your UV library and they should just port to your VUDU account automatically.

If they show as valid when you switch the region to the US (little flag in the lower right hand corner of the MyUV site) then you can just redeem as normal when you get back to the US.

Hex

Banned

Kind of cheating, but it really was

Back up

jGs9SPL.png

Because the series was young, and it felt like a good mix of old and new.
I still watch it every year.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
wsOamcq.jpg

Someone already mentioned it but did not pick it, but I'm going with Heart of Ice. Giving what once was just a villain a tragic origin seemed to still be pretty new in that day, what with the Comics Code Authority putting a bit no-no on that sort of sympathetic behavior up until you saw things like Magneto having been a Holocaust survivor and such. It was nice to allow kids to actually be able to ponder whether the villain is truly in the wrong or just a victim of circumstance who has made some less than optimal choices. The voice of Michael "Kang" Ansara was just *ahem* icing on the cake.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
You can check the region of a UV code by using:
https://www.myuv.com/redeem

If they are Canada only, you can just redeem them with a Canadian UV provider (like Flixster, which is still supporting UV outside the US) that is linked to your UV library and they should just port to your VUDU account automatically.

If they show as valid when you switch the region to the US (little flag in the lower right hand corner of the MyUV site) then you can just redeem as normal when you get back to the US.

Thanks! Some blu rays sales going on for the holiday, so just wanted to know if I do pick any up.

Just got to say this has been my favorite game for a giveaway in a long time. Good idea Aussie! I've already got this UV but I'm loving the other responses.
Going to drop in that I love "If you're so smart, why aren't you rich?" Along with some of these other classics.

DarthWoo

Just a quick question about the Vudu app. I've found that if my phone is offline (I don't have data) or in a place that seems to block Vudu, I can't even load the app in order to watch the movies I've already downloaded. Does anyone know if that's just a feature or if there is a way to correct that?

I didnt realize how hard picking a winner would be. Its almost easier to say least favorite BTAS episofe since they are almost all amazing.

Its been a few years since i last watched them, and now going to rewatch them soon.
All great picks.

I picked the user who said Sideshow. Because that was one i thought of when i posted the question.

I might do something like this again for next one.

I didnt realize how hard picking a winner would be. Its almost easier to say least favorite BTAS episofe since they are almost all amazing.

Its been a few years since i last watched them, and now going to rewatch them soon.
All great picks.

I picked the user who said Sideshow. Because that was one i thought of when i posted the question.

I might do something like this again for next one.

Thanks aussie, that was a great contest so many classic episodes posted too hard too just pick one favorite. Time to fire up Amazon after Batman and Harley. Thanks again.

Syriel

Get Out (iTunes US)

832496-l

The UV portion has been redeemed, but the iTunes portion of the code should still be good.

Post a GIF of someone saying "Get Out" and you're in the running for the code.

Get Out (iTunes US)

832496-l

The UV portion has been redeemed, but the iTunes portion of the code should still be good.

Sorry to break the bad news to u folks but this is not possible, you can only redeem a single code once on ur platform of choice. If u choose to redeem it in UV then the chance to do it via itunes becomes null/void and vice versa

But then again, I'm not an all knowing entity so I could be wrong....but this is what I'm leaning towards. Someone please verify though

Sorry to break the bad news to u folks but this is not possible, you can only redeem a single code once on ur platform of choice. If u choose to redeem it in UV then the chance to do it via itunes becomes null/void and vice versa

But then again, I'm not an all knowing entity so I could be wrong....but this is what I'm leaning towards. Someone please verify though
As far as I know, that's true. You can only redeem a digital code once, for one platform.

DarthWoo

When I won John Wick 2 here a while ago, I used the UV and gave the iTunes code to someone else and they said it worked, so I'm not sure.

Edit: And I'll throw this in here just for fun. I don't have an iPhone so I probably couldn't even watch it though.

1sh3Yif.gif

Stanng243

Some companies allow it, some don't.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Cabin in the Woods. I bought the 4k blu-ray, but already have it in my Vudu account from a long time ago. North America region.

First one to reply that wants it, I'll PM to.

Syriel

Those '80s flashbacks! And oddly appropriate to use a robot gif given Get Out's underlying horror element
(of bodies used as vessels for other people)

Check your PM for the code!

It depends on the studio.

Some are UV -or- iTunes. Some are UV -and- iTunes.

If HBO is still doing what it was doing, HBO codes are UV -and- iTunes -and- Google Play.

Universal codes are usually UV -and- iTunes when redeemed directly at VUDU and iTunes.

Top Bottom