• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iDOLM@STER Community |OT| Are you LADY?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Congrats on that Anastasia. Everyone should embrace Anya as best Cinderella Girl btw

ZKcWsdI.png

Are the variations of Susume Otome still in rotation? I haven't seen them for weeks but the Passion version is the only song I need to clear on Master still, every day of this event so far has been the regular version along with Nation Blue and Android.

Congrats on that Anastasia. Everyone should embrace Anya as best Cinderella Girl btw
I think you spelt Ranko incorrectly.

Kikirin

Are the variations of Susume Otome still in rotation? I haven't seen them for weeks but the Passion version is the only song I need to clear on Master still, every day of this event so far has been the regular version along with Nation Blue and Android.

I would think that they are. Unfortunately, each of the Cute/Cool/Passion-specific versions are only up once a week, when the item bonus is monocolor. I think the monocolor days might be Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday?

Just a casual reminder to log in every day even if you're not playing, today I got a 500 star jewels bonus for 100 login days. Not sure if it has to be consecutive, but it has been for me.

Aerocrane

THE IDOLM@STER MUST SONGS Red and Blue versions are available today on the Vita for 5700 yen via retail or download on PSN.
It's Taiko no Tatsujin with Idolm@ster songs.

Shun

NHow many singles are there left to go through anyway?

Like 30 not including the upcoming new MASTER CDs, unit songs, and others. Depends if they want to do them all. I'd prefer them to do a 765 and MiliMas version of this otoge, better songs more variety.

They're recycling mobamas content while using songs that have been out for a while. Makes them tons of money with not a lot of effort, it is why we have had so many events in a row.

Shun

Oh god, that one section in TOKIMEKI. My thumbs just can't keep up.

Try your fingers if you can.

At a certain point when playing moba otoge thumbs become an unnecessary handicap for some songs and playing with fingers eventually become more efficient for a most songs and games.

It's a must if you play jubeat or beat gather or any other bemani game.

Try your fingers if you can.

At a certain point when playing moba otoge thumbs become an unnecessary handicap for some songs and playing with fingers eventually become more efficient for a most songs and games.

It's a must if you play jubeat or beat gather or any other bemani game.

Moving from thumbs to fingers is something I'll probably do eventually, but the few times I have tried have failed pretty badly. Would probably need to at least train back in Regular/Pro to make the transition easier.

Just tried Tokimeki on Master without any prior warning, what the actual hell is going on with that note pattern? Are human beings actually meant to be able to move their thumbs/fingers that fast? The rapid taps were not a problem, but good god my brain can't even work out where they want me to press, let alone move my thumbs in time for the danmaku parts. I had to sacrifice 100 jewels just to clear it.

For dense songs, I try and increase the "note speed" - only downside is that any level beyond 9 and I start to miss notes because of lag :/

Anyone get iDOLM@STER MUST SONGS? I just got my copy of Red Board in and it's really fun so far. I'm not experienced with Taiko but I'm enjoying this so far.

No clue what half of these menus mean though. Can I dress up my drum like Takane? I need to know.

edit: Fuck yeah! I got a Takane drum:
2015-12-15-215628hxkqc.jpg

OceanBlue

Haven't posted here in a while. Basically trying to get back into Starlight Stage very casually after a while of not playing since my phone storage was corrupted and I lost my data. That's what I get for not signing up for the account. :(

Anyone get iDOLM@STER MUST SONGS? I just got my copy of Red Board in and it's really fun so far. I'm not experienced with Taiko but I'm enjoying this so far.

No clue what half of these menus mean though. Can I dress up my drum like Takane? I need to know.

edit: Fuck yeah! I got a Takane drum:
2015-12-15-215628hxkqc.jpg

I got Red and Blue. As someone who has never really played a taiko game, it's a lot of fun and I'm really enjoying Haruka drum :3. Anything above normal and I just get overwhelmed though lol. I didn't notice this until now but Red has the original iM@S designs while Blue has the iM@S 2 designs.

DiGiKerot

DK Rap sung by Asami Imai?

I'd buy it

Also do we know yet if Must Songs works with Vita TV? The previous Vita Taiko game didn't and I've not seen any mention about this one.

Even if it does, I'm not sure I'd count on it having the kind of lag-compensation features you'd need to make a music game playable on a TV, given you don't really have to worry about that stuff so much on a fixed handheld platform.

(My copies have only just shipped today, as I bundled them in with Miracle Girls, so I'm not yet in a position to check myself)

m0t0k1

Well I played Persona Dancing All Night and Project Diva F2nd on my playstation tv and both work fine. Its a really small lag input so perfectly playable for me. But then again i had one of those sony tv's with the lowest input lag. So i can manage maybe worse on other tv's. If Must Songs work on PSTV i probably buy the blue one.

I got Red and Blue. As someone who has never really played a taiko game, it's a lot of fun and I'm really enjoying Haruka drum :3. Anything above normal and I just get overwhelmed though lol. I didn't notice this until now but Red has the original iM@S designs while Blue has the iM@S 2 designs.

I'm having a hard time on the harder difficulties too. The hardest one is still out of my league :(

I also don't know what these glowsticks I keep buying do. I keep buying them though.

Can anyone offer advice on how to FC Tokimeki Escalate on Pro?

I don't know what it is, but I cannot understand what timing I need for those 4 middle lane segments towards the end. If I tap the same as the rest of the song I miss some, if I tap faster I miss some, if I tap super fast I miss some. I've tried turning the note speed up and down, I've tried using fingers, it just doesn't matter, the first few are always perfect and then it breaks down and I'll watch 1 or 2 notes drift by as if I never tapped. I'd try and scum through with a perfect chain team and skill trigger boosters, but getting that to proc 4 times in a row isn't going to happen.

omlet

I haven't managed to FC that last 30 seconds on pro myself, either. Usually what is happening to me is I do okay on the timing on those center notes but then on the last one I tap too many times and lose the hold because I tapped again when I shouldn't have, lol...

I'm not gonna try it again until this event is over.

Often times I find that the following things are my enemy when trying to FC a song:

- Holds ending in a slide that involve a crossover of fingers
- Playing a sequence with the wrong hands, making me have to play with crossed hands for a section
- Fast 1-3 to 3-5, or any sequence that requires me to move my fingers into precise positions that don't flow into each other
- "Desyncing" during a fast section and mistiming 10 notes in a row

-----
I've given up hope on attaining high scores in these events, since I only get to play like once a day... On the weekends I will go back every time my stamina comes back though.

Rainy

Banned
Opened up Starlight Stage for the first time in a few months. Got a shit ton of stars, guess it's time for a roll tonight!

omlet

Did you get that FC yet? I tried it again last night since the event is over and got it on 2nd or 3rd try. I turned my note speed up to 8 since trying it before and that helped me. What note speed do you play?

Opened up Starlight Stage for the first time in a few months. Got a shit ton of stars, guess it's time for a roll tonight!

Good luck. I'm 4 for 4 on minimum wage draws (1 SR, 9 Rs in a 10 draw) but at least on my latest draw I actually got an SR I wanted for a change (the new Yuka SR).

m0t0k1

cxda3nkusaetlnljnuph.png

I want this
Why did I spend my gems :(

i went for her but no luck in that department. anybody who wants to do a draw. there is a double SSR rate according to the SS twitter

『シンデレラフェス』初開催のお知らせです! 『シンデレラフェス』開催期間中は、プラチナガシャでSSレアアイドルの出現する確率が、通常の「1.5%」から「3%」にアップしますよ! 12月30日15:00より開催予定です! #デレステ

so i decided to do some draws. I never did a platinum draw before saved up all for an idol i wanted.

I am happy i got some nice cards i still use normals in my team so this will be a major boost to my team. Feels weird getting an SSR for an idol you don't care about but i will put her to good use :D

StayDead

I booted up for the first time in ages to get the gems and hopefully try for that Mika.

Found out that I'm short of 500 for a 10 draw. Is it worth drawing one at a time?

Kikirin

I booted up for the first time in ages to get the gems and hopefully try for that Mika.

Found out that I'm short of 500 for a 10 draw. Is it worth drawing one at a time?

Generally, I would say no. You still have a few days before the box is gone, so if you haven't already, you could:

- Hit up story/event commus that you haven't seen yet. 50 gems per completed episode.

- Go begging to your idols for gems. Their idolization commus yield 25 per unique N+ and 50 per unique R+ and above. Memorials beyond the first one (unlocked via fan count) also yield 25 gems each.

- Start grinding the current event. There's early 50 gem awards at 100, 2000, and 6000 event points.

- Hope you hit the gem daily login bonus.

Debating spending saved up jewels on the double SSR chance right now. On one hand it's a boosted rate, on the other it's still only a pathetic 3% and I missed my one reasonable chance at pulling Fumika, knowing my luck I'd just get Nina.

Did you get that FC yet? I tried it again last night since the event is over and got it on 2nd or 3rd try. I turned my note speed up to 8 since trying it before and that helped me. What note speed do you play?

Yeah, I managed to get it a few days ago. Pretty sure I was running my normal note speed of 6, but honestly it didn't matter much, I just got super lucky and Uzuki SSR's skill triggered on both of the final sections that I ended up hitting a Nice.

Nope. Buy 500 jewels if you have to, it's a double SSR chance day for a bit longer. You'll virtually never see an SSR at the best of times, plus when it isn't a spotlight idol the chance of pulling what you want is almost non-existent, but Mika in particular is time limited. After this gacha she's gone.

4th Jan @ 3pm JST

Edit: Lmao. Daily yolo draw, fucking Nina SSR. I knew the game would troll me with that horrible pre-schooler, and I said I'd merge it away if she ever showed up in my inventory. Oh well, 40% chance to increase my SR Sanae card's skill rate is better than nothing.

omlet

ChairMan, grats!

Azure, you are a terrible person.

Did a fewdraws last night, too!

After going 4/4 on minimum wage draws (1 SR only) since I started playing, my luck finally turned around.

My passion team is now 3/5 Mika...

Think I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead and save my remaining 6k jewels for later.

Sakura

Is there any difference in the probability in getting an SSR doing single draws versus 10 draws?
If I just want an SSR and not an SR, I think I would have better luck doing single draws right? Because 1 of the 10 cards you draw in a 10 draw is guaranteed to be an SR, so only 9 of the 10 actually have a chance of being an SSR right?

Top Bottom