• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Indie Gala V is now live - 12 Games

larvi

Anyone else having problems with accessing the games/steam keys from the profile page? I bought the Gala V bundle and nothing is showing up for me when I click on the link. My previous bundles show up fine still.

Edit - tried the link on another computer that is running WinXP instead of Win7 and I can see the keys and download links there, must be something to do with my javascript security settings in IE. Strange how the links for the previous bundles show up on my Win7 computer though, just not the Gala 5 one.

Sysgen

Just redeemed my Steam keys with no issue. Steam is asking $50 for the Ironclad collection and it's here for $1 with the awesome twin stick shooter Beat Hazard and 2 others no less.

shaowebb

And BOUGHT. This thing has Beat Hazard and Razor 2 for my shmup fetish, Puzzle Kingdoms and Ninja Blade. The rest are all icing on the cake for me.

I forgot to mention my other issue with this bundle. Bundle fatigue and well objectively speaking the few games that might appeal are too scattered accross the tiers and I'm thinking might as well buy them individually in a Steam sale (the latest groupees one was the same way, I only want one game and the minimum price is the same as a 50% off Steam sale would be so I'll try my luck at the next Steam sale and maybe even reach 66% or 75%).

Anyone else having problems with accessing the games/steam keys from the profile page? I bought the Gala V bundle and nothing is showing up for me when I click on the link. My previous bundles show up fine still.

Edit - tried the link on another computer that is running WinXP instead of Win7 and I can see the keys and download links there, must be something to do with my javascript security settings in IE. Strange how the links for the previous bundles show up on my Win7 computer though, just not the Gala 5 one.
They've tweeted this:
https://twitter.com/IndieGala/status/206497364830199808 said:
We received some feedback about profiles not showing IG5 games if using Internet Explorer 9. We try to fix it in the next hours.

Also, wtf do I do with those Gala points?
They tweeted before this bundle came out that they'll announce what they do soon. Maybe even before this bundle is over.

Haunted

I have 3600 Gala points.

Knowing the Indie Gala guys, I'll probably get some album/soundtrack starting at 5000 points. :p

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I have 3600 Gala points.

Knowing the Indie Gala guys, I'll probably get some album/soundtrack starting at 5000 points. :p
I currently have 8000, so I'm expecting anything good to start at 10000, heh.

Rlan

Puzzle Kingdoms was made by Infinite Interactive! Which was bought by Firemint! Which was bought by EA! Everyone lose your shit!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Could it be that the bundle-makers are simply running out of good indie games to pack in?

There is an element of this. I posted my have it/don't have it list for the Because We May promotion, and I had about 85% of the games, many from prior Indie Bundles. So yes, there's absolutely that element.

But there's still a bunch of stuff out there that hasn't been in bundles.

From my Steam wishlist:
Wizorb (was in a non-Steam bundle)
Cubemen
Fowl Space
Aura
Storm in a Teacup
1000 Amps
Dynamite Jack
QUBE
Stacking
Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery
The Great Art Race
Offspring Fling
Death and the Fly
Dustforce
Space Ark
Analogue: A Hate Story
Vessel
A Valley Without Wind
Cargo: A Quest for Gravity

Games I already own on Steam (some of these may have been in bundles, but I don't remember which):
Axel and Pixel
EDGE
Eversion
Flight Control HD
Flotilla
Hamilton's Great Adventure
Inside a Star-Filled Sky
The Maw
Orcs Must Die
PB Winterbottom
Roogoo
Shatter
Terraria
Toki Tori
Tiny Bang Story
Titan Attacks
Who's That Flying?

Others that come to mind:
To the Moon

inb4 "We think you should've made a new thread for this"

I'm totally up for a thread about it but the rash of "LOL KICKSTARTER IS GONNA FAIL SOON!!!!!" threads have generally not lead to particularly insightful or thoughtful discussion so don't say I didn't warn you if you choose to start one :p

I've never heard of Bad Rats before. Checked out Youtube videos and this was the description on the official video uploaded by the devs.

It's widely considered to be the single worst game on Steam.

Dambrosi

Banned
There is an element of this. I posted my have it/don't have it list for the Because We May promotion, and I had about 85% of the games, many from prior Indie Bundles. So yes, there's absolutely that element.

But there's still a bunch of stuff out there that hasn't been in bundles.

From my Steam wishlist:
Wizorb (was in a non-Steam bundle)
What? It's, like, £3. That's too much?

*suddenly remembers that he's had Poker Night At The Inventory on his own Wishlist for gods know how long, shrinks away from the hypocrisy*

I'm totally up for a thread about it but the rash of "LOL KICKSTARTER IS GONNA FAIL SOON!!!!!" threads have generally not lead to particularly insightful or thoughtful discussion so don't say I didn't warn you if you choose to start one :p
I'll consider myself warned, lol. I guess GAF isn't ready for such discussions yet.

It's widely considered to be the single worst game on Steam.
No way, not as long as Eternity's Child exists. Take this from bitter experience. :p

Edit: Toki Tori was also in the andoird bundle as a bonus game.

No way, not as long as Eternity's Child exists. Take this from bitter experience. :p
Dinner Date is another candidate for worst on Steam. 20 minutes of gameplay and IIRC you can only move the characters hands...

But Bad Rats is special due to being one of the prizes in the Chistmas Coal/Coupon giveaway which raised its profile massively.

Omikaru

This really is the most appallingly awful indie bundle I've ever seen. I mean, this is scraping the bottom of the barrel stuff right here. How is it even indie? Since when was Ninja Blade an indie game? I mean, jeez.

I'm going to buy it, make sure the charities get 100%, and give the Steam codes to people I don't like.

Jme

do not want :(
the only thing i'm interested in is ninja blade but it's not enough to sell me on the bundle...

Sye d'Burns

This really is the most appallingly awful indie bundle I've ever seen. I mean, this is scraping the bottom of the barrel stuff right here. How is it even indie? Since when was Ninja Blade an indie game? I mean, jeez.

I'm going to buy it, make sure the charities get 100%, and give the Steam codes to people I don't like.

If you dislike me enough to give the steam code for Disciples II to me, I will try to console myself. :p

Dambrosi

Banned
Dinner Date is another candidate for worst on Steam. 20 minutes of gameplay and IIRC you can only move the characters hands...
Yes, but Dinner Date is mercifully over after 20 minutes, and has no reason to put yourself through it more than once, so it can't be the worst game on Steam.

That one with the old lady who walks slowly through the graveyard, then sits down and sings some Russian song - that's a real contender.

ArjanN

Ninja Blade was fun, the basic gameplay is pretty average, but the really cheesy and over the top cutscenes and QTEs are really entertaining. It worth playing if you've run out of better 3rd person action games to play like Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden. It's clearly not on the level of those, but it's pretty good dumb fun.

Yes, but Dinner Date is mercifully over after 20 minutes, and has no reason to put yourself through it more than once, so it can't be the worst game on Steam.

That one with the old lady who walks slowly through the graveyard, then sits down and sings some Russian song - that's a real contender.

Dinner Date and The Graveyard are more artsy "experiences" though. Even if you don't like them at least they were trying to do something interesting, while games like Bad Rats are just traditional games except terrible.

ZenaxPure

I dunno, maybe the rest of the bundle is crap but the $1 bundle alone is worth it for Beat Hazard. Game is amazing, though I'm not sure why they didn't include the Steam version of it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It's official: We are going to add Steam keys for BeatHazard in the next days! Thanks to @ColdBeamGames for the excellent support!
Now the only Steam key not included is Ninja Blade. There's no word on if it will be though.

Shady859

Searched "shmup" and found this thread lol Beat Hazard and Razor 2 look well worth the $1 I gave. Donated the othe 2 games that look boring in the freebie thread.

mclaren777

It's about time somebody put a racing game in an indie bundle.

I will probably buy this solely for WRC and then never play any of the games, much like how I handle the Humble Indie Bundles.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Now that HIB5 is over I thought I'd remind people this one ends in less than 5 hours (midnight EDT).

Roto13

I bought the first tier for Beat Hazard, since I'd been meaning to pick that up anyway. Not a great bundle. :p

Top Bottom