• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iOS Gaming Thread December 2012: Santa touched me somewhere weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone able to suggest any games that are either infinitely better on iPad, or are iPad-only? I have a third-gen I want to get to know better :)

Plague is much better on iPad because the map is super easy to read. It's the game where you make your own disease, name it, give it symptoms, and try to wipe out the world.

Ministration

Neo Member
Ravenmark, Arc Squadron, TikTok games (Flipkick etc), Helium Boy, uh.... Let me remember more... uh... there's more.
Lemme add Gunman Clive to that list. My favourite GAF-made game so far (but then I haven't played Arc Squadron... gotta change that soon).

Tizoc

Booooooo SNK Playmore games not available in my region =(

Ravenmark, Arc Squadron, TikTok games (Flipkick etc), Helium Boy, uh.... Let me remember more... uh... there's more.

Thanks added those to my wishlist, while I dled the free/demo versions to try them out =)
My game "Strange Matter" came out recently. PM me if you'd like a code, I think I have a few left.

Hmm what's the genre of that game? Images make it look like a puzzler.

EDIT: Updated to iTunes 11, but how do I delete apps I no longer want?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i love rayman origins so i bought the iphone game when it dropped.

it's gorgeous and fun, but i have 1 last red gem to earn (the last level.)

shit is tough, i don't think i would have beat all the stages in the 360 version if it weren't for co-op with my roommate.

Fusebox

Banned
Been hearing mixed things about some gold balance update for knights of pen paper.

I'll throw it in the OT if people here confirm its ok.

I started playing after that update and I've finished the game without making any IAP. Definitely add it to the OT, it's probably in my top 10 best iOS games of all time.

RE: Strange Matter
Hmm what's the genre of that game? Images make it look like a puzzler.

It's definitely primarily an action, tilting & shooting game. If you go for high scores you might consider it a bit of puzzler because you need to find the path that allows you to keep your combo string going. But it's mainly an action game.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Been playing some more Knights of Pen and Paper... I think it is my favourite game in its genre. And it oozes atmosphere too!

bob page

Nimblebit's new game announced!

splash.png

Excite.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The faces are creepy. But I am interested more in the gameplay. Anyone given it a spin yet?

Will try it. Pp was a miss though IMO. As soon as you can fly across the world, you feel done.

It was an ambitious game where they tried to add something a little more to the Tiny Tower style game. Unfortunately after the first week I lost interest as well. And my gf (who I use to gauge how addicting a game is) lost interest soon after. She played Tiny Tower for over a year, and consumes the Kariosoft games like its a kg of cocaine.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It was an ambitious game where they tried to add something a little more to the Tiny Tower style game. Unfortunately after the first week I lost interest as well. And my gf (who I use to gauge how addicting a game is) lost interest soon after. She played Tiny Tower for over a year, and consumes the Kariosoft games like its a kg of cocaine.
What's Tiny Tower? Also when you say PP are you talking about Knights of Pen and Paper? Also I don't know how your GF can play more than one Kairosoft game. I put like 40 hours into game dev story and unlocked all the achievements and I was burnt the fuck out. Once you play one Kairosoft you've played them all, and the quality never exceeds Game Dev.

@Jackben, PP is Pocket Planes. And I don't feel the addiction to the Kariosoft games nearly as much as most. Played the hell out of Game Dev and a few others, but not all of them. I do own them all though. :p

I haven't found any info either. Are we sure that is a Nimblebit game?

Picked up a rhythm game called Cytus for $1.99 completely on a whim yesterday using the genius function in the App Store.

Been having lots of fun with it. Seems like a somewhat poor mans DJ Max game

PFD

Rayman Jungle is back on freemyapps. It's worth noting that if you have multiple idevices (iPhone/ipad in my case) you can get credit on each device for the same purchase. So it essentially gave me 640 credits.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Rayman Jungle is back on freemyapps. It's worth noting that if you have multiple idevices (iPhone/ipad in my case) you can get credit on each device for the same purchase. So it essentially gave me 640 credits.

I've already downloaded it though :(

I dont want to lose my save

Actually I guess it uses iCloud

Mrbob

Damn, King of Dragon Pass sale over? Just checked and it's $9.99 now. :( Guess I wait.

Also, do Itunes gift cards not stack? I had 2.45 in credit, and I put in a 15 dollar Itunes gift card and it says my account now has 15 in credit? Apple is trash, give me $2.45 back you theives.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Damn, King of Dragon Pass sale over? Just checked and it's $9.99 now. :( Guess I wait.

Also, do Itunes gift cards not stack? I had 2.45 in credit, and I put in a 15 dollar Itunes gift card and it says my account now has 15 in credit? Apple is trash, give me $2.45 back you theives.

Huh, mine stacks. That wouldn't make sense if it didn't

PFD

That should not happen. Contact Apple ASAP if you believe your credit disappeared.

Do you have multiple itunes accounts? Maybe you added the card to a different account?

xJavonta

Banned
So I'm getting even better at Zookeeper Battle. It released on Android (my iPhone is in the mail right now) and I've been annihilating people in it. I'm enjoying it now lol

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Bummer that Walking Dead: Assault doesn't have cloud saves. Multi iDevicers am cry.

GeekyDad

Well, Walking Dead Assault has managed to make me forget about Knights of Pen & Paper for a bit. Very fun, very atmospheric, looks great, and the later chapters mix things up in some cool ways. Definitely a great $2 companion to the WD universe.

Mrbob

Yeah I'll wait and see if the credit kicks in the next day or I'll contact Apple.

Just bought Knights of Pen & Paper myself. So good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom