• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iOS Gaming Thread December 2012: Santa touched me somewhere weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Middle Manager of Justice: If you're outside of Canada and you were able to get it early back in September, the new version should be in your purchase history. I'm downloading it right now.

Heel

Glad you guys are enjoying it! And especially glad to hear that "comebacks" feel decent -- that was a big design challenge, and still something we're hoping to improve, since some players still get smoked pretty badly (we're looking into a matchmaking solution that takes into account player levels).

When you race someone of equivalent skill level though, it's definitely a good time :)

Oh hey, didn't know a developer posted here. Great game.

I'd need to play some more to give a solid opinion, but the comebacks felt fine from the three games we played.

Are the levels just an indicator of how much you've played in single player, or is it carrying over your upgrades too?

Regarding Middle Manager of Justice: If you're outside of Canada and you were able to get it early back in September, the new version should be in your purchase history. I'm downloading it right now.

Nice, downloading it now. Curious to see how it's come along.

Mrbob

Middle Manager of Justice is finally coming out? Sweet.

Also, anyone else worried about Baldur's Gate? How stable can the game be if it is constantly getting rejected for approval.

Damn. I need to stop using all my flooz on Happy Street, I need more and I ran out of space.

Out of my friend list, I'm the only one with Blue Crystals apparently.

Heel

Damn. I need to stop using all my flooz on Happy Street, I need more and I ran out of space.

Out of my friend list, I'm the only one with Blue Crystals apparently.

19 more and I'll stop harassing you, hahaha.

I don't see any way to send flooz (can you?), but if you need items to upgrade your buildings feel free to send requests.

19 more and I'll stop harassing you, hahaha.

I don't see any way to send flooz (can you?), but if you need items to upgrade your buildings feel free to send requests.

Hahaha no problem. I checked my friends list and everyone had yellow, and 1 person with red.

I have a lot, like 29 or so.

I'll add you later Dog Problems.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Also, anyone else worried about Baldur's Gate? How stable can the game be if it is constantly getting rejected for approval.

Getting rejected several times isn't necessarily an indication of instability. Indeed, stuff that crashes gets through all the time. Quite possible that there was one or more things that "merely" violated Apple policy which they needed to refactor. You can also be rejected while they check copyrights and ownership rights for IPs.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
ACL is OK. In terms of Infinity Blade clones I'd probably say:

Infinity Blade > Avengers Initiative = Rage of the Gladiator > Arkham City Lockdown > All the trashy clones.

So basically it's the bottom of the top tier.

So I'm super LTTP on this one but a friend of mine introduced me to song pop the other day and I'm hooked. The only issue I have is that I get random strangers that continually choose genres like Latin hits or reggaeton in which I have absolutely no chance at...My only retaliation is west coast rap...

Hahaha no problem. I checked my friends list and everyone had yellow, and 1 person with red.

I've got red if you need some of them, toythatkills on GC.

That's balls. Middle Manager deleted my (new) savegame.

They had given people who had got the beta 5000 in game gold and 50 of their iap currency. But now it's all gone.

Kinda the point of a beta to catch that stuff before it hits too many people.

I wouldn't expect this to come out worldwide this week, everyone else. All these F2P things release in one territory first so that they can squash bugs and stuff, so you're looking at the length of time to test plus the length of time to push an update through before it gets released worldwide, at least, and possibly even more testing than that if required.

how's that penny arcade game on iphone? Curious how the controls are.

but yeah, i probably shouldn't even try to buy anything right now due to sales coming right up soon.

SteveWD40

Getting rejected several times isn't necessarily an indication of instability. Indeed, stuff that crashes gets through all the time. Quite possible that there was one or more things that "merely" violated Apple policy which they needed to refactor. You can also be rejected while they check copyrights and ownership rights for IPs.

You are correct, but it's worth noting the PC release is a gangfuck as well, buggy, crashy and missing support for a lot of common integrated cards etc...

I wan't it to be great / do well but Beamdog seem to have bitten off a little more than they can chew imho.

Minsc

Gold Member
You are correct, but it's worth noting the PC release is a gangfuck as well, buggy, crashy and missing support for a lot of common integrated cards etc...

I wan't it to be great / do well but Beamdog seem to have bitten off a little more than they can chew imho.

Well at the very least they don't have to worry about people swapping in different video cards in the iPad version. For what it's worth impressions of the iPad build don't mention instability, and the rejection was said to be for "The bug was related to an app requirement we didn't meet. We're working on the fix." My guess would be similar to what happened to FarSight with The Pinball Arcade in that they didn't have a way to restore DLC with a single click... TPA actually got through initially with that missing, and in an update was later rejected for that reason even though they hadn't been rejected prior for that.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
TPA actually got through initially with that missing, and in an update was later rejected for that reason even though they hadn't been rejected prior for that.

That functionality wasn't something that Apple required initially with respect to DLC. So a lot of games suffered the same issue.

In other news, we pushed out an update for Slam Dunk King that deals with OpenFeint being turned off. Would be a good idea to update to that if you have acquired any items and/or currency.

Vire

ZeptoLabs of Cut the Rope fame has announced their new game:

Pudding Monsters.

05-300x400.png

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/04/cut-the-rope-developers-new-title-revealed

Zia

I've been waiting for King of Dragon Pass to go on sale. Upset I missed it. ; (

What's the best management sim on the iPhone? I'm looking for something a little fluffy a la The Sims or SimCity, but considerably deeper than the gussied up Cow Clickers (Kairosoft, Nimblebit). I've been playing a little SimCity 2000 on the Mac and I need something to sate that craving while I'm out and about, attempting to be a human.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

What's the best management sim on the iPhone? I'm looking for something a little fluffy a la The Sims or SimCity, but considerably deeper than the gussied up Cow Clickers (Kairosoft, Nimblebit). I've been playing a little SimCity 2000 on the Mac and I need something to sate that craving while I'm out and about, attempting to be a human.

It dropped by what, 2 dollars? Buy it if you want it.

I desperately want a good management sim that's not just a glorified money sink.

GeekyDad

New levels for Rayman!

Wow, sweet. Will have to re-download it. Hope the iCloud-save thing works okay.

And as an aside, why are you guys not talking about Walking Dead Assault? The game deserves your attention, folks. It seems a bit misunderstood. It's no Borderlands iOS, and there's a good bit more to it than meets the eye. Are there really that few Walking Dead fans that frequent this thread?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

And as an aside, why are you guys not talking about Walking Dead Assault? The game deserves your attention, folks. It seems a bit misunderstood. It's no Borderlands iOS, and there's a good bit more to it than meets the eye. Are there really that few Walking Dead fans that frequent this thread?
Haven't gotten it myself due to game backlog. Haven't finished Telltale's one yet either.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I think the issue is twofold - it's come out far too soon after the last, far superior WD game. And it doesn't give a great first impression.

I played the first level, said meh and went on with my life. I might go back to it later, but the whole feel of it isn't calling out to me. Plus I really dislike it in zombie games when you can't aim. My character can't make a headshot? Well I could, let me have a go! But maybe this is just me...

Heel

Middle Manager of Justice is pretty fun.

Not a management game where you give it a few minutes every so often during the day, though. The longest hands-off activity I've been able to queue up was 30 minutes. It's a lot more like grinding in an RPG. The more time you spend, the further you progress.

PFD

To be honest, the first time I heard the name I thought it was a scam, like Temple Run: The Escape! or Temple Jump!

Now though I might pick it up, but I gotta finish the Telltale one first (only finished ep 1)

GeekyDad

To be honest, the first time I heard the name I thought it was a scam, like Temple Run: The Escape! or Temple Jump!

Now though I might pick it up, but I gotta finish the Telltale one first (only finished ep 1)

I thought the same, actually. But it's published by Skybound (Kirkman's publishing company). It's a really good iOS RTS. Keep in mind, I say that because it plays to the strengths of the system. You can lead your party as a single mob, but you'll still need to do some micro managing if you don't want individual party members getting quickly overrun. And that's done easily, since the game shows an avatar of any character taking heavy damage, and you can then tap the avatar to quickly take control of that character and move them out of the way. The basic objective is the same for most missions, but it's the bonus objectives that really count, since that's where you'll nab most of the unlockables and other goodies.

But it is ultimately an RTS, and like any RTS, your units attack once they're in aggro range.

Tr4nce

Wow. I am totally hooked again to Kingdom Rush. I hadn't played a few months because I got tired of the heroic and other challenges but I have to say with the updates this game has gotten, it's really fun to play. It was always fun to play honestly. What a great game. Still my favorite tower defense. GAF, if you're looking for a great tower defense game then purchase Kingdom Rush. It deserves it. You will not regret it.

Gazzawa

Beat GTA Chinatown Wars. Not bad for 2bucks a year ago. Anyone on the fence about this one should definitely get it in a sale. Controls take a while to get used to but everything else is somehow just right.
So stoked for Vice City this Thursday. Not so stoked for the deconstruction mission.
0.jpg

some things were best left in the past.
Also Ravenmark is great. Thanks to the dev here for the feedback. Only about halfway through it. Some serious tense battles in there. I would say its like Fire Emblem meets Total War(ish)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
My Walking Dead: Assault review will be up today.

Bad news: It's not great.
Good news: It's not bad.

News: It is good.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I updated Rayman but in the game, it tells me it's downloading the new level pack. Except it doesnt seem like it is? And I click tap on it

Also, I realized if you downloaded Middle Manager when it was up on App Store prematurely, you can redownload/update to the official release regardless of region

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom