• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming |Thread4| NOT Doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yup.

If you delete a game, it will delete the save from your iPhone but SHOULD stay in the cloud.

Has anyone actually tried to confirm?

Also, I thought you'd have to restore your device in order to get those saves back from the cloud

I'm pretty sure CrimsonHeart is out to ruin my life... I just spent a good few hours grinding away at that big slime boss just so I could kit both my characters out with the awesome looking King Slime armor sets... I think there's something wrong with me... The game is just so smooth and fun and not completely boring and shit like the Zenonia series.

Must try out Elf Defense now... Anyone got any impressions yet?

EDIT: Nevermind, just bit the bullet and its downloading, impressions to follow.

HBP

Has anyone actually tried to confirm?

Also, I thought you'd have to restore your device in order to get those saves back from the cloud

Yep, you're right. You can only retrieve an individual iCloud save if the game or app supports it, for example Instacast uses this feature for its settings.

Flunkie

Banned
Glad I didn't spend money on Terra Noctis. It's just blah, and glitchy.

Stayed up way too late last night playing that damn Spice game.

Terra Noctis seems to have a free version now for those who missed it. It is the entire game with some optional IAP. Shame the developers had to go this route. Get it now.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/terra-noctis-free-dreaming/id493442932?mt=8
I have the paid version and love it, has a little bit of that yoshi's island vibe to it.

Glad I didn't spend money on Terra Noctis. It's just blah, and glitchy.

It's been alright for me, did you fall through a wall or something?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yep, you're right. You can only retrieve an individual iCloud save if the game or app supports it, for example Instacast uses this feature for its settings.

Shitty. Should be a universal thing to be able to do that

Just done the first few maps on Elf Defense, initial impressions are very very good. It's like The Creeps only so much more charming and with a lot more substance to it. There's no stupid paywall IAP, it seems fairly easy to earn the in-game currency and you can use it to purchase extra mercenaries (super units).

Graphics are really crisp and clean, good variety of enemies all with their own designs. If there's one criticism its that you have to pan across on the larger stages, it'd be nice if you could zoom out so the entire map fits onto the screen.

Aside from that, it's definitely great so far. At £1.99 I don't see it doing that well unfortunately, in order for it to compete against The Creeps, Fieldrunners, other games that its actually better than, it'll need to drop down to 69p for a while and get a bit of exposure.

Prox

Neo Member
The iPhone version of Ticket to Ride just got updated with asynchronous multiplayer! Between this, Carc and Hero Academy, I may never be able to look away from my phone again... It doesn't seem to work perfectly with Notification Centre but otherwise it's solid.
Gamecenter name = Proxii if you want a game.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
So far I received 6 emails from appshopper throughout the day with the same content telling me Scribblenauts got an update, wtf.

Where's My Water Update!!
Looks like it's regarding bugs from 1.3.5 + overall optimization.

RedSwirl

What's the problem with IAP for the full game? It's basically the current XBLA system - the game starts out as a demo and then unlocks. Maybe the App Store just needs a conventional built-in demo system?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Ghost Trick on my iPhone looks so goof - wow.
Cant wait to play it on the iPad though + iCloud support - this is living haha.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So everyone liking Reckless Racing 2? I liked the first one and I am very tempted

It's MUCH better than the first, simply because the incentive to keep racing to earn money and upgrade your car is there. I've not found any reason to use IAP's since racing is so satisfying and money flows in from general enjoyment of the game.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
too bad it's not retina resolution...
I didnt even realize this because it looks already was better than on the DS -kinda like Scribblenauts compared to the DS titles.

Capcom did a great port job imo.

teamaxe

Shitty. Should be a universal thing to be able to do that

It is universally available for all devs to implement (as long as they're supporting the correct iOS version). I was hoping that more devs would've implemented it by now. But, I can't talk, because I haven't implemented it, yet, either.

I can't think of a way Apple would be able to do this without the developers having to implement it via API. Should they store every app's working directory in iCloud? I don't think that would work, since devs have not had a limit on how much data they can put in there. You would then have tons and tons of data that didn't make sense to be in iCloud in iCloud.

Flunkie

Banned
I have the paid version and love it, has a little bit of that yoshi's island vibe to it.

It's been alright for me, did you fall through a wall or something?

Yeah, I did. That and I can see bad outlines left over from photoshop or whatever on some sprites.

Flunkie

Banned
I might wait for a sale with Reckless Racing 2.. I wasn't a huge fan of the first and don't really enjoy Death Rally (or is it Death Race?) that much.

Edit: aw piss, double post.

nyong

Banned
Just started playing Order and Chaos. Uh....wow. Not bad at all. At $1/month after my 3 month free trial runs out, I can see myself resubing until the next big one comes along.

Cheebo

Banned
Apple just Microsofts Euro Chief of Xbox Live Marketing.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/02/02/apple-grabs-another-gaming-pr-executive-for-app-store/
MCV reports (via The Next Web) that Apple has nabbed yet another gaming PR executive, this time hiring Microsoft's European chief of Xbox Live marketing Robin Burrowes to oversee App Store marketing in Europe.
Burrowes worked at Xbox for seven years, and was in charge of Xbox Live. He was one of the execs promoting the latest Xbox dashboard update, even attending London Games Conference and Gamescom last year.
Prior to Xbox, he has worked for MSN and HMV. He joins Apple this year in charge of marketing the App Store for iTunes Europe.

Apple has been drawing PR and marketing talent from the gaming industry for some time now as it seeks to bolster iOS's positioning as a competitive gaming platform. Last year, the company poached longtime Nintendo executive Rob Saunders as well as Nick Grange, who came from Activision after stints at Microsoft and EA.

So far I received 6 emails from appshopper throughout the day with the same content telling me Scribblenauts got an update, wtf.
Same. That's so damn weird.

I updated Where's My Water earlier today, but said it couldn't update. Now it is stuck greyd out saying installing. =/

Do you need IAP to be competitive, etc?
I assume you mean in multiplayer? I'm just enjoying the single player for now, not really into multiplayer. I did try it briefly, and the other guy's car was clearly much faster than mine so I thought 'sod this', and went back to single player.

Zeth

I'm loving Reckless Racing 2. Love all the upgrades and cars. I'll probably end up maxing out 5 or more of the best cars.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I was going to buy Scribblenauts now that it's cheaper and turns out it's not available in the Uruguayan nor in the Argentinian store, while Roo Roo Run is. Thankfully this is only the second time I see this happening, first time was with 'The Secret of Chateau de Moreau'.

Can anyone from iOS dev-gaf explain to me why this is the case? Is it the developer's choice to restrict the app's regions like this? If so, what's the point? I want to give you my monies.

dream

I might wait for a sale with Reckless Racing 2.. I wasn't a huge fan of the first and don't really enjoy Death Rally (or is it Death Race?) that much.

Edit: aw piss, double post.

I don't know if this makes it worth $4.99 to you but, like everyone has said, it's much, much better than the first game and it's a lot more fun to play than Death Rally too.

plc268

Went on a app buying binge after grabbing a $50 itunes credit from best buy...

Now, I'm wondering is there a Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon/ Puzzle League type game on iOS. Tried googling for one, and all I see are games that are similar but not really the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom