• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Justice Department Just Argued Against Gay Rights In A Major Federal Case

shem935

Banned
https://www.buzzfeed.com/dominicholden/the-justice-department-just-argued-against-gay-rights-in-a?utm_term=.xu2lQ8VVPX#.wlqAdqOOm6

The US Justice Department on Wednesday argued in a major federal lawsuit that a 1964 civil rights law doesn’t protect gay workers from discrimination, thereby diverging from a separate, autonomous federal agency that had supported the gay plaintiff’s case.

The Trump administration’s filing is unusual in part because the Justice Department isn’t a party in the case, and the department doesn’t typically weigh in on private employment lawsuits.

where's that flag picture when you need it.

Seriously, anyone who bought into the fiction of a Trump presidency being pro-LGBT should have thrown away those thoughts as soon as his nominations starting coming in. There's nothing socially progressive going on in this admin.

Slayven

The Trump administration’s filing is unusual in part because the Justice Department isn’t a party in the case, and the department doesn’t typically weigh in on private employment lawsuits.

Damn the fuckery is next level

58177a15150000d804530d10.jpeg

Mahonay

Banned

Seriously, anyone who bought into the fiction of a Trump presidency being pro-LGBT should have thrown away those thoughts as soon as his nominations starting coming in. There's nothing socially progressive going on in this admin.
He chose Mike fucking Pence as Vice President. That move by it's self was deeply anti-LGBT and anti-women's rights. Right away it was a clear sign.

Not to mention the giant bigoted piece of shit Sessions is.

Anyone who thought Trump would be good for LGBT people, really honestly, are blind idiots.

Oof everything is moving so fast today huh?

I too had a fellow gay friend vote Trump and go down a crazy alt-right hole. We're not friends anymore and I'm glad that is the case so I don't yell at him for stabbing us in the back.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This is fuckery at a high level. It's like if Chipotle argued in favor against Chipotle in a court case.

Ms.Galaxy

What the fuck is with today

Trump and his administration is declaring open season against the LGBT, likely to try and win something after the Healthcare Act is failing-ish. Got get the religious right in a frenzy to make sure they don't turn on them.

RinsFury

I feel sick thinking about the more than three years of this fascist fuck that we have left. How much worse will things get before they get better? Fuck everything.

I'm still waiting for the middle of the fence moderates to explain to me how both candidates would attack human rights and seek to oppress others.

Someone check Boogie's and PhillyD's YT for me.

I feel sick thinking about the more than three years of this fascist fuck that we have left. How much worse will things get before they get better? Fuck everything.

I fully expect that Scalise was a prelude, if it gets much worse -- and it likely will before it gets better.

Trumpists are even threatening members of the GOP. Heller and even Cruz, for instance, for not being far right enough.

It's an amicus brief. They sent a letter more or less and it doesn't do a whole lot.

Not to say the effort isn't shitty.
The fact that they weren't a party makes it worse. They wanted to go out of their way to forcefully cement their views on the community. They've also sent a clear message to them. Just in case anyone had doubts on their intentions.

Shauni

But Dems shouldn't get into identity politics guys lol. The GOP is literally the party of nothing but identity politics

The conflict is so strong right now.

On one hand, I want Sessions fired, by Trump so he can have another notch in the obstruction of justice column, as well as build hate against him from Republicans.

On the other hand, Jeff Sessions is a buffer between Trump and Mueller, so him staying AG keeps Mueller leading the Russia investigation.

On the third? hand, Sessions himself is more dangerous to civil rights than any other man in the government right now.

Where is the escape hatch for all of this?

Seriously, as soon as Pence was announced that should of been the huuuuge red flag.

Seriously, as soon as Pence was announced that should of been the huuuuge red flag.
Yup. I know some folks tried to pretend Pence was just Trump throwing a bone to the religous right and he wouldn't really do anything, but come on. It was painfully obvious during the campaign that Trump only raised LGBT rights when he could use them to bash Muslims.

Top Bottom