• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII - Console version detailed

Frankfurt

Banned
I'm not the one that said BB's story mode is the best "period". If he had said "best lightly animated" or "best 2D-only story mode", then MK would be out. MK's story mode is just straight up solid. No loading time whatsoever, smooth, seamless transitions between in-game and cutscenes, voice-work, nice story, cinematic quality, nice narrative choices... It's just jaw-dropping to even think that is even in a fighting game.

It's a Mortal Kombat movie, 6-8 hours long, and better than most, if not all, videogame movies.

Anyway, I'm happy KOF XIII was streamed to 7K people. I wonder how many people will watch tomorrow (there's more tomorrow, right?).

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
to me they're both just really tedious things to lock content behind

I hope KoF13 just leaves its story mode to people that like that sort of thing

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'd prefer to be able to avoid single player modes altogether if possible

I kinda doubt there will be character unlocks in the game though

alstein

Unsure if the Atlus folks are on here, but will there be any way Mexican fans can get that pre-order bonus. Had a Mexican KOF fan I know ask that on Twitter.

zlatko

Banned
alstein said:
Billy plays nothing like Rolento. He's a real fun character, though I suspect his XIII version will be very different then prior versions.

If you want a Rolento type, maybe Duo Lon? He's high execution though.

Really? He isn't a poking character, with a bit of mix ups that come from something air oriented?

Tizoc

lol Sho's in the Dojo stage XD.
Any word on Eiji or other characters being playable in the game?

I hope Atlus does a good translation for the game \m/

If there's OG Iori I'd love an OG Ralf, Clarke and Ryo. Ryo's move set is fine but I don't care much for how Ralf and Clarke play now and dislike how they all look. Clarke and Ralf look like buffaloes dipped in motor oil and Ryo's face is all menacing looking.

alstein

zlatko said:
Really? He isn't a poking character, with a bit of mix ups that come from something air oriented?

Billy is traditionally more of a pressure you with pokes until you mess up type.

zlatko

Banned
alstein said:
Billy is traditionally more of a pressure you with pokes until you mess up type.

But does he say mission comprete after he wins and a bunch of random guys come from the ceiling to stab with knives? :O

:p Either way I'm into dudes hitting people with sticks, sticks. Right now my KoF13 team has one confirmed and that's Terry, because he's the only character that just flows for me when I play him. I like my characters more brain dead like Yang and Abel. :D

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ugh. PS3 cover looks much better. Maybe I'd just rather not have Ash on the cover.

Any chance of having it reversible, Atlus??

hipgnosis

Glad RSG is bringing this to Europe. Game seems awesome. Still a bit hurt by XII, hope this cures my wounds.

Day 1 for sure.

Pookmunki

hipgnosis said:
Glad RSG is bringing this to Europe. Game seems awesome. Still a bit hurt by XII, hope this cures my wounds.

Day 1 for sure.

Yeah, my previous post was my mistake, didn't notice it in the OP.

Bring it on, the best FTG series deserves to be treated as such - might hook up my Dreamcast....

zlatko

Banned
panda21 said:
this is going to be so good. hope it makes europe in 2011

Isn't Europe release date Oct 27th? Check your game store/online site you buy from.

If you are a PS3 owner you can always just import it too since it's a $50.00 here in the USA, but I do believe Japan/USA/Europe get it in the same few days at the end of October from 25-27th.

zlatko said:
Isn't Europe release date Oct 27th? Check your game store/online site you buy from.

If you are a PS3 owner you can always just import it too since it's a $50.00 here in the USA, but I do believe Japan/USA/Europe get it in the same few days at the end of October from 25-27th.

Yeah Rising Star is bring over for Europe as well. The US, Europe, and Japan are going to have a simultaneous release, so global online action will be good...hopefully.

Urban Scholar said:
Yeah Rising Star is bring over for Europe as well. The US, Europe, and Japan are going to have a simultaneous release, so global online action will be good...hopefully.

But it's set for winter 2011, can be january too.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
All those features. I hope I don't buy this.

I buy too many fighters and never play them because I'm terrible.

But this looks so good o_o

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Augemitbutter said:
i don't think there is solid confirmation so far, just rumors.
Classic Iori is DLC

rvy

Banned
p_download01.jpg

So good.

Sapiens

I don't think SNK has the caché to charge us money for extra characters at this point.

Kind of disappointed that this won't be an all-in experience.

And that black outline on the edge of the flame looks terrible. Does this game use no alpha blending?

PJX

Sapiens said:
I don't think SNK has the caché to charge us money for extra characters at this point.

Or they can be like Capcom and give you a bare bone version without much in it and release an update later with more characters and stages and charge you for all the extra costumes.

I can't believe people are complaining over DLC content with the amount of stuff they are already adding to the game. This already has more content then all 3 Street Fighter 4 versions released.

I'm usually against this kind of practice but in this case I am okay with it because they are including so much on the disk already.

Frankfurt

Banned
Sapiens said:

And that black outline on the edge of the flame looks terrible. Does this game use no alpha blending?

When it's exploding, there's smoke around the edges. When it's just the fire (fireball along the ground or air after it's out and before it hits) it's got no smoke.

Tizoc

Muchi Muchi Pink said:
Wait wait. 95 or 98 Iori?
Uh does it matter? It's Classic Iori with his traditional special moves. His supers are the 'ranbu' and for the cost of an additional stock you can follow with his pillar super from KoF 2001 (Stil QCFx4 motion though =P), and the KoF 2000 Pillar super.
You can see all his moves in Atlus' website.

Come on guys no one heard about any rumors/leaks regarding the other characters?
I CAN'T CONTAIN THE EXCITEMENT (Seriously the one time Lupinko can be useful and he doesn't know anything =V)

qcf x2

GuardianE said:
Ugh. PS3 cover looks much better. Maybe I'd just rather not have Ash on the cover.

Any chance of having it reversible, Atlus??

I totally disagree. While I find the design for Ash to be atrocious (especially for SNK), the 360 cover looks way better.

This game needs Angel, Whip, Blue Mary*, Vanessa. Maybe, uhh...what was that girl from 2002 with the superhero complex? She was fresh too.

*I'm pretty sure she'll be added eventually, either with the game or as DLC

Tizoc

qcf x2 said:
I totally disagree. While I find the design for Ash to be atrocious (especially for SNK), the 360 cover looks way better.

This game needs Angel, Whip, Blue Mary*, Vanessa. Maybe, uhh...what was that girl from 2002 with the superhero complex? She was fresh too.

*I'm pretty sure she'll be added eventually, either with the game or as DLC
You mean May Lee, who is designed after Japanese Tokusatsu series.
Her VA passed away some months ago.

Man what's with everyone wanting more of the same? How about some fresh new additions from other SNK fighters?

qcf x2

Wow that's sad about her VA, didn't know that.

I'm usually all for new designs (especially in series with tired 20 yr old retreads like Street Fighter) but the last KoF I played seriously was 2002, so those guys (gals) are still fresh to me. It's not like they're Kyo-Iori-Terry-Andy-Joe-Kim as far as appearance credits, apart from Mary who should be a staple character by now.

My fear is more that the new characters might be more like Ash or the other post-2k2 crowd. I don't care for most of them, design-wise. But with that said, I'm always up for new characters; learning a new play style is much more fun than picking someone you're already familiar with, IMO.

So I'd like a mix of both. If it's too much to ask, that's fine. I'm buying this either way.

Sapiens said:
May Lee was one of the worst sprites ever produced.

You must hate everything good in this world.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I hope that one of those 5 DLC will be Vanessa because my friend really want her in.

I already got characters that I love and I don't understand why people would complain about KOF13's DLCS.. It irritated me that people bitched about possibility KOF13 DLCS. SNK really need it because

1) SNK announced that KOF13 might be their last game. They saying if KOF13 is failure, then they're not going to make kof anymore. They are putting everything they can in KOF13. (I might be wrong)

2) They need to make more money to keep the company floating so we could have more kof games in future.

3) KOF13 have way many contents; way more than MVC3 and SSF4:AE together. So we don't have right to be mad at them for considering DLC path.

4) They considered DLC path to make some fans happy because they may not have fighters that they want to see in KOF13 such as Blue Mary, Vanessa, etc along with DLC stages.

5) BUY 2 GAMES AND BUY DLC! SUPPORT SNK AS YOU CAN IF YOU WANT TO SEE THEM ALIVE! We need more companies to give capcom hard time so they could do better than being lazy.

IntelliHeath said:
3) KOF13 have way many contents; way more than MVC3 and SSF4:AE together. So we don't have right to be mad at them for considering DLC path.

I don't think online was reported to have a tournament mode. This is a little disappointing.

Top Bottom