• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

So Arturo recently joined the MMCafe and sorted out the ELive pro mess with the Professor

Hi Henry, I wanted to create a account yesterday, but I couldn't. I've always been a fan of mmcafe ever since the Gouki's Page of Whatever (im sure u remember that, lol) days. Anyway, since I'm a director for MLG I thought I can clear up things here since I've been reading internal emails.

1) the invite issue - MLG does not invite players for any reason, i was able to see the emails between MLG and elive guys, their manager asked for a invite only to get denied. This was before they knew I was a director of the event. Once I found out who was talkin to who at elive I talked to both parties, and informed them that MLG does not pay for players for any reason. Basically, it was a situation where elive was asking for some sort of assistance but neither party could come to a agreement.

This probably lead to the confusion between oogosho thinkin he was goin to get invited by MLG when there was never that intention. It sucks too, because theres a lot of money on the line and the KOF tourney is gonna be hella small...didn't get to see Latin America vs Asia like I truly wanted. Oh well, Xian is coming..

This was cleared up by D44Bas (AKA @ryo151) who messaged me directly, and since he speaks english, i was able to clear it up to avoid any confusion. he thought mlg was still paying for him (oogosho)

Bottom line, yes, it is the players that are getting screwed, as their sponsor isnt really in a position to help them at this time, MLG does not hep out, both parties found out I was at the center of this at a very late moment, etc. This sucks cause as you know, KOF still isnt huge in the US or anything and this was a huge opportunity

I just wanted to say however, that if people DO have questions - should be following me on twitter @nycfurby - my email is sabin@teamspooky.com if overseas players need to reach me. Lots of overseas people (especially KOF) still do not know that I'm a director. Thanks, <3 MMCafe forever

shaowebb

Interesting tweet by Justin Wong saying he's been playing KOFXIII and MK9 lately and that he is adding them to things he wants to compete in for EVO. I'm curious who is playing in KOFXIII...maybe Raiden or Clark? Kyo? I dunno...he likes a lot of different kinds of play so I have no clue. Anyone know what he's playing?

EDIT: Lol this Juicebox stream. Best comment ever. Juicebox would love Franco Bash. He can move.

alstein

Had a fun moment last night playing some KOF at a local gathering.

I vapor cannoned my way through Kyo's Neomax. Kyo was denied. Won me the match in the end also. Yeah, Maxima, everyone says you're ugly and bottom tier, but you got a home here.

Just wish I could beat one more person though.

BadWolf

Interesting tweet by Justin Wong saying he's been playing KOFXIII and MK9 lately and that he is adding them to things he wants to compete in for EVO. I'm curious who is playing in KOFXIII...maybe Raiden or Clark? Kyo? I dunno...he likes a lot of different kinds of play so I have no clue. Anyone know what he's playing?

He's been entering tournaments for it since the console release.

Mostly using Athena, Kula and Elizabeth thus far.

zlatko

Banned
So the scene here plays this game quite heavily is what it seems, and I may go trade in some old games to pick it up tomorrow. At least I'd have local people to play with offline and online for better net code situations with people in the area.

My question is two fold:

1) Is there anywhere the game is going for cheap that does trade ins?

2) I think I saw the game got a balance patch just recently right? How buffed/nerfed did DuoLon, Andy, Shen, and Terry become?

alstein

So the scene here plays this game quite heavily is what it seems, and I may go trade in some old games to pick it up tomorrow. At least I'd have local people to play with offline and online for better net code situations with people in the area.

My question is two fold:

2) I think I saw the game got a balance patch just recently right? How buffed/nerfed did DuoLon, Andy, Shen, and Terry become?

Well, KOF isn't going to be cheap period. Atlus didn't overproduce it. I'd just hit Gamestop if you're trading in.

As for balance patch, the balance patch was at launch- the game hasn't changed since then, except for very minor bugfixes in a Japanese arcade version.

Duo Lon is considered one of the harder chars to learn, Terry is considered limited (though viable), Andy and Shen are common characters- Andy's possibly the easiest character to use in the game.

zlatko

Banned
Well, KOF isn't going to be cheap period. Atlus didn't overproduce it. I'd just hit Gamestop if you're trading in.

As for balance patch, the balance patch was at launch- the game hasn't changed since then, except for very minor bugfixes in a Japanese arcade version.

Duo Lon is considered one of the harder chars to learn, Terry is considered limited (though viable), Andy and Shen are common characters- Andy's possibly the easiest character to use in the game.

Ah okay. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll hit up Gstop and get it Friday. Anyone else in the Colorado area here who wants to run sets to get me up to snuff?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

My question is two fold:

The console version is the balance patch. The patch fixed some bugs though.

Oh and this is probably the most balanced fighter right now.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just found out that you can direct Benimaru's NeoMax up and down

Fersis

Yeah I only found this out last week. Blew my mind.
Oh wow and you even play with Benimaru. I believe its a console change. (Wasnt in the change logs though)

NCR Pools
A (Laban)
B (Combofiend, LPN)
C (Chris KOF, Drity Sanchez, NYChrisG, ROM)
D (Hellpockets, N4Us, Air, Fixel)
(About 63 folks)

ROM playing XIII? Awesome

So, MLG is today. Is anyone going to start a thread?
Someone already did

zlatko

Banned
I'm excited to get the game later today. SFxT in its current state just isn't cutting it for me. I played a ton of the arcade version, so hoping I can still remember my BnBs when I start.

I'll be on later tonight GAF if anyone wants to try some games. I'll be ass though. :(

Fersis

Is there anything i can do after Vice's HCF + LK?

544764182.jpg

Dark Geese/Fersis Am Cry

zlatko

Banned
The MLG stream this weekend sold me on the game. Bought it 20 minutes ago.

Can't play quite yet due to the streams, but I'm listening to the CD's. Disc 3 is where I started. Awwww yeah. <3

It was only 40 bucks at Gamestop brand new which surprised me. Thought it'd be 50 still. I traded in Call of Booty MW3 and Soul Calibur 5, got 67 bucks for that due to their extra 50% trade in this weekend for games, 10% power trade for their card too.

Spent the extra towards Diablo 3. :D

N4Us

I'm officially dumping Leona so I'm spending time in the next few weeks trying to find a good replacement for her. Maybe Clark or Kim.

Fersis

I'm officially dumping Leona so I'm spending time in the next few weeks trying to find a good replacement for her. Maybe Clark or Kim.
Both awesome characters so you cant go wrong.

zlatko

Banned
Played a fair amount on Sunday. Ran through Arcade once, did one run of story, dicked around with customization, and then spent the majority of my time in trial mode.

These trials are no fucking joke. This is the BnB's right for each character? The earlier ones seem to be the confirms, then it's what to confirm into, then it's what to spend meter on, and then corner meter combos?

My brain went to mush doing some of these.

Characters I was feeling:

Kim
Andy
K'
Shen
Billy
Iori

Kim seems damn easy mode still. Shen too.

I like Billy, but he just doesn't click. How is he played? Is it more counter pokes and maintaining the neutral space? Or is he rush down like a lot of the cast?

Also, my K' is assssss. ; ; My Andy is so-so. I played one game online in Ranked, and got whooped by the guy's second character of Clark. :(

Played a fair amount on Sunday. Ran through Arcade once, did one run of story, dicked around with customization, and then spent the majority of my time in trial mode.

These trials are no fucking joke. This is the BnB's right for each character? The earlier ones seem to be the confirms, then it's what to confirm into, then it's what to spend meter on, and then corner meter combos?

Kim
Andy
K'
Shen
Billy
Iori

I like Billy, but he just doesn't click. How is he played? Is it more counter pokes and maintaining the neutral space? Or is he rush down like a lot of the cast?

Also, my K' is assssss. ; ; My Andy is so-so. I played one game online in Ranked, and got whooped by the guy's second character of Clark. :(
No, not really. Head to Dream Cancel or the SRK wiki for BnBs.

zlatko

Banned
Ah okay thank goodness. Some of these get ridiculous lol.

Edit: oh and I reached a new level of nerdiness. I listened to disc 3 of the soundtrack today going to work. ; ;

Clark is awesome. I'm considering learning Kim though as he seems to be more solid character overall.

Billy is excellent at zoning but he can also apply some really annoying corner pressure.

Also I'm really starting to wonder wtf the point is of doing cr.B cr.B st.B into Mu Shiki with EX Kyo, besides range issues. You can generally confirm into qcf+KK and end the combo with hcb+K to get a more convenient hard knockdown, at the cost of 2 damage points only.

zlatko

Banned
Oh I won't be able to get DLC for the game until like 2 weeks from now.

What do you guys think is and isn't worth the $?

alstein

Kimss. ; ; My Andy is so-so. I played one game online in Ranked, and got whooped by the guy'
Andy
K'
Shen
Billy
Iori

Also, my K' is asssss second character of Clark. :(

Billy can be played either way. It's why he's so damn good. It helps if you can get his fwd+B juggles off his EX Pole Vault (DP+K). I can't do those online period, same with Hwa Jai craziness. I used to tolerate KOF's online until I get some more time playing offline.

Kim isn't as easy as he looks, I think he's a great scrub killer though.

As for combos, do what you can. Being able to HD well is a bonus, not a barrier, at least until you get to top 16 at a major.

Top Bottom