• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

All this talk about spoilers for Sen II when we have gotten in English all but the very first Trails game! I just finished TitS1 not two weeks ago and waiting impatiently for part 2. I assume it's because we have many a Japanese speaker on GAF right? Such a shame we're so far behind in these releases.

All this talk about spoilers for Sen II when we have gotten in English all but the very first Trails game! I just finished TitS1 not two weeks ago and waiting impatiently for part 2. I assume it's because we have many a Japanese speaker on GAF right? Such a shame we're so far behind in these releases.

There are also official Chinese localised versions of the games.

Psxphile

The post just says they are almost finished with checking the game, and soon they will finally start selling. This is either PS3 connected to a monitor or Vita TV.

Okay. I can see how a hopeful anon could be lead to believe otherwise, with that kind of vague tweet and pic. So is that supposed to be a shot of Sen II?

Shouta said:
Get Korean and Chinese versions, can't get English versions fast enough. RIP =(
(ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻

Aeana

Okay. I can see how a hopeful anon could be lead to believe otherwise, with that kind of vague tweet and pic. So is that supposed to be a shot of Sen II?

(ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻
That is absolutely Sen 2.

Jubern

Sen no Kiseki is getting a (good) sale on the Japanese PSN, starting tomorrow!

http://www.falcom.com/sen/product.html

The Super Price edition (identical, budget version of the original release) will be sold for 2800¥ from the 3rd to the 17th, with PS+ members getting another 30% off bringing the game's price to 1960¥.
You probably already know that, but the game is NOT crossbuy, so you only get one version at a time for that price (PS3 or Vita, you're free to choose).

I'm still early into SC but I think I'll bite, this is too tempting and I'd buy eventually when I catch up... Some time next year. Maybe.

Fhoenix

The Super Price edition (identical, budget version of the original release) will be sold for 2800¥ from the 3rd to the 17th, with PS+ members getting another 30% off bringing the game's price to 1960¥.
You probably already know that, but the game is NOT crossbuy, so you only get one version at a time for that price (PS3 or Vita, you're free to choose).

I'm still early into SC but I think I'll bite, this is too tempting and I'd buy eventually when I catch up... Some time next year. Maybe.

Noooo! I am in the middle of the 3rd. And bought Zero Evolution at discount already. You are saying now I have to buy Sen too? Damn you, Falcon.

Also, is Vita performance that bad after the patch?

Noooo! I am in the middle of the 3rd. And bought Zero Evolution at discount already. You are saying now I have to buy Sen too? Damn you, Falcon.

Also, is Vita performance that bad after the patch?

I really didn't find it bad at all. I played both versions simultaneously switching with cross save and I thought both played great, though I preferred the playing the ps3 version on my tv. What were the problems reported before the patch?

That new super price packaging doesn't look half bad. Much nicer than the psp super price versions.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I really didn't find it bad at all. I played both versions simultaneously switching with cross save and I thought both played great, though I preferred the playing the ps3 version on my tv. What were the problems reported before the patch?

That new super price packaging doesn't look half bad. Much nicer than the psp super price versions.
Not bad? The framerate liked to slow down really badly (my biggest gripe) and the load times were still kind of long when I played it 2-3 months ago.

Edit:
The game also crashed after the first boss fight. :(

Vita's load time after patch is pretty much up to par with the ps3 version after patch.

That ain't much of an improvement though.
It certainly isn't game breaking, but it'll be noticeable (and freaking annoying during my #$@#$%^ platinum run.)

Not bad? The framerate liked to slow down really badly (my biggest gripe) and the load times were still kind of long when I played it 2-3 months ago.

I remember seeing some lag but only when walking and not in battles when I first started playing on the vita, either I stopped noticing or they weren't bothering me as the game went on. Were the load times the similar on the ps3? I actually just finished the game two days ago on the ps3 so it's fresh in my mind but I'm wondering if maybe I just didn't notice because both versions were bad lol.

You're kidding ! I just bought it on psn 2 days ago..-_____-

Shouta

I thought about getting the Vita version but I'm not really at places where I can play it on there during the day. If I'm playing at home, then might as well get the PS3 version, lol.

Aeana

Frankly, once they fixed the PS3 version of Sen, it was really wonderful. I wouldn't want to go back to the Vita's load times after that. I assume Sen 2 won't have any of the animation stuttering that Sen PS3 had at launch.

I thought about getting the Vita version but I'm not really at places where I can play it on there during the day. If I'm playing at home, then might as well get the PS3 version, lol.

I got sen for the PS3, cause I want the plat on my US psn account >.>

That said, I would imagine Vita's suspend/resume would be a convenient feature.

Fhoenix

Well, I bought the Vita version just now. Loading before the patch on Vita is horrible. After the patch it's bearable. There are slowdowns yes, when the camera is panning over a location. And the character animations are so not good. How can you make a simple walking animation look so awkward? Strangely battles look fast-paced and fluid despite bad animation. Maybe it's just me coming after Sora, I mean after Sora anything would look fast-paced. Oh, Falcom.

Gu4n

My Vita copy of Sen finally arrived this week. Apparently CD Japan had run out of stock, so I had to wait two weeks for it to get shipped, only to get picked up by the customs to tax import fee, doubling the price. Not particularly the best import I've had so far.

The reason I went with the Vita version is that since I started working full-time and having to travel for nearly three hours each day, portables are perfect to play through RPGs. I've blasted through SC in under two months and just wrapped up the first chapter of The 3rd. The long transit times are the primary reason I'm moving away from RPGs on PC/consoles to handhelds, taking any downgrades for granted.

Sora The 3rd has been great so far. Its pacing is far better than SC's and especially FC's so far. I also love how it's pulled me out of the comfort zone established in FC/SC and making me rethink strategies by mixing up pretty much everything. I'm not really feeling the plot yet, but the interactions between the characters are wonderful, especially during that first Moon Door
(glorious Erika <3)
and the interrelationship of Kevin and Ries.

Fhoenix

3rd is cool yeah. But I am getting tired of all the flashbacks. On the one hand they kind of solve one of the problems I had with SC. FC had such a wonderful epilogue, where you could walk around town after defeating the last boss, talk with people, celebrate. More games should do that. Compared to that SC had a really straightforward ending, I was disappointed that the whole story arc ended with a simple
"We defeated the villain, but our adventures will continue. The end."

3rd gives you closure, shows what all the characters did after solving the crisis, and it's great. Problem is, time has moved on. We have a new story, you want to move it forward, to learn about Phantasma and what is really happening. Instead you are bombarded with flashbacks. Flashbacks that are longer then the main story itself and take hours of your time. That's just not a great way to tell a story.
And yeah, Erika is great and interactions between her, Agate and Tita are fun. They are also seem relevant for the future of the series. But I don't see how Schera's flashback is relevant at all. Did we really a need a two hour long side-story about how she and Aina met? You could make an audio drama about that or something, but it's out of place in the game. The only saving grace of that side-story is that it has younger Dorothy (wow, she was a beautiful child. I just love that character portrait). Then we have Klose confessing to Joshua. On the one hand it's important enough, on the other hand nothing unexpected really happens, you could skip that whole scene, just mention that it happened in one sentence and not a gram of plot would be lost. Also that banquet should have happened at the end of SC, not at some random point in the 3rd, when you don't really care about the celebration anymore.

I enjoy the game a lot, but during some of the Doors I just stop playing for a while, because reading through all that text takes so much effort. I am not skipping them on principle, and some of the stories are fun, but I am not particularly overjoyed when I find a new Door either.

Gu4n

Based on the amount of tears that were shed during SC's credits roll, I'd be lying if I would say that its ending disappointed me. It was mostly a mixture of emotions (or, differently put, "all the feels") that I was trying to work out while listening to I swear. I found the ending to be wonderful and appropriate, yet FC's ending had its charms as well - it really reminded me of Chrono Trigger.

I actually haven't done a single door since the first (forced) one - never met the requirements when I found them - so I'll have a lot of reading upcoming. Apart from specific terminology that the antagonists and Kevin/Ries use, the language barrier isn't really a problem, so I'll probably save them for bedtime stories!

Just started the fifth chapter, meaning I've just had the roller coaster of great dungeons, superb music and a torrent of mysteries and foreshadowing. I absolutely love the game so far.

creid

It has not officially been delayed, but it's very likely that early 2015 is the earliest it is going to release.

Bebpo

Banned
Got back to 3rd, beat the first boss last night. Do all the bosses have a ton of forms? That was pretty crazy and it can really screw you over if you think the boss is almost dead and go all out only to find there's another form and your party is in terrible condition ><

Aeana

Well if nobody makes one, I'll just throw up an empty thread so we have somewhere to talk about it once the game arrives for me. If people want something better, beat me to it ~!

Gu4n

Got back to 3rd, beat the first boss last night. Do all the bosses have a ton of forms? That was pretty crazy and it can really screw you over if you think the boss is almost dead and go all out only to find there's another form and your party is in terrible condition ><
Yes and no. Not all bosses have multiple forms, but the majority seems to follow the principle of hitting them twice before you can damage them one way or another. It's not too bad though, except for one particular ridiculous battle in the third chapter.

Eusis

FYI(maybe I should post in the Trails PC thread), there's a demo for Sen no Kiseki PS3 on the JPSN.
. . . No, I imagine this was the right thread.

By the way, for those who've played through Sen II: I'm kind of curious how well it wraps up loose ends within that sub(-sub) series and how many loose ends it ties up for the Kiseki series in general. After knowing SnK1 ended on a huge cliffhanger I'm sort of curious about that.

cj_iwakura

. . . No, I imagine this was the right thread.

By the way, for those who've played through SnKII: I'm kind of curious how well it wraps up loose ends within that sub(-sub) series and how many loose ends it ties up for the Kiseki series in general. After knowing SnK1 ended on a huge cliffhanger I'm sort of curious about that.

Figured it might get more attention that way.

Bebpo

Banned
The 3rd

I like having a million party members but I haaate turning towns into dungeons (chapter 2 castle town). So tedious going and exploring every single room for chests yawn.

Bebpo

Banned
The 3rd

I gotta say I absolutely love the additions to the battle system in this game. The battle effects on the queue line are pretty exciting and combined with having so many character available and support characters makes the combat really damn good.

Also liking the remixed tunes.

Only downside is the dungeon design isn't particularly great so far. At the boss of chapter 2 now.

Bebpo

Banned
Really liking The 3rd. No slow downtime of 4 chapters before the game takes off, just decent dungeon crawling and lots and lots of intense great boss fights that make full use of the expanded battle system. Impressed!

Gu4n

Really liking The 3rd. No slow downtime of 4 chapters before the game takes off, just decent dungeon crawling and lots and lots of intense great boss fights that make full use of the expanded battle system. Impressed!
What's even better is that The 3rd keeps up this excellent pacing throughout the entire game. Only during
the Colourless Campus
(sixth chapter spoiler) and the optional dungeon the game gets repetitive, but other than that it's one superb roller coaster, especially once it starts revealing stuff.

I was actually halfway through the final boss when I had to leave to the airport for my holiday, so when I get back I'm going to jump right back in and make the leap toward Crossbell.

Bebpo

Banned
The 3rd chapter 3

Reese's boss what the fuuuuuuck. Zombie Kevin casting max guard x 2 on a half dozen skull cannons that instantly kill a character with a series of four shots??! And this is my worst team ><

Arghhhhhh

Gu4n

The 3rd chapter 3

Reese's boss what the fuuuuuuck. Zombie Kevin casting max guard x 2 on a half dozen skull cannons that instantly kill a character with a series of four shots??! And this is my worst team ><

Arghhhhhh
I knew what would be written under the spoiler tag before highlighting it. Before I delve into tactics: what is your current party? And did you save before the start of this quest?

Bebpo

Banned
I knew what would be written under the spoiler tag before highlighting it. Before I delve into tactics: what is your current party? And did you save before the start of this quest?

Took care of it last night, but my prep was really bad since I hadn't unequipped the other party and they took all the good accessories/orbments and had the best characters. Was a totally disaster and really really annoying.

At first I was excited about the team split because it would give me a chance to use everyone, but that boss killed all that excitement along with my team ;_;

Shouta

mmm dead teams. That's kind of my only beef with having so many characters. Gotta rotate them in to keep them up to date.

Took care of it last night, but my prep was really bad[/spoiler]

LOL

Right before entering
Golden Path/Silver Path
is exactly where I stopped 6 months ago since I was thinking of replaying SC first. But Falcom put up PS3 versions on PS+, so I continued instead.

When I came back, I just entered without any preparations. And I am on Hard Mode/first run, too. :(

The trick to it is to
kill Kevin so he turns into ?Kevin? before he gets his turn.

I think I pushed him back once (via normal attack) before unleashing a bunch S Crafts so that 3~4 of his minions will also get caught. After that, he's more of an annoyance than anything and the rest of the battle is spent praying not to get
4-shot'd
by the minions. Took me a few tries.

I was actually expecting that the other side was just as bad. Except that it wasn't, which was both kinda relieving and killed my boner.

Currently in Chapter 6 (Impregnable Fortress).

And getting my ass kicked hard by Cassius. He just goes "Here, take my S Craft! You're not dead yet? Oh I forgot to power up. *uses buff* Now I can do three attacks in a row. :DDDDDDD"

I haven't tried a Stone Wall spam yet, and I'm thinking it's probably the only way for me when his attacks all do more than 50% of my team's HP.
I want to keep Estelle in the team, too, just to see his dialogue after.

Food spam seems to have been nerfed here or something. IIRC, food attacks were added on top of the character's own attack. But in here, the damage is based on the food's attack alone (1350 ATK = 0 damage in current chapters).

Edit: Whoops. Used the wrong tags. Hope noone saw the spoilers. :p

Top Bottom