• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

Taruranto

Sen's artist is just plain generic, especially the faces.

Katsumi Enami was the perfect choice for a more modern animu style.

p7duewd.jpg

I wonder why they dropped him.

Looking at the scans, it doesn't look like Tita is playable, she doesn't have a weapon listed in her profile and there's no cut in art in sight​

This is pretty disappointing

Huh (3rd Moon Door 1)
Considering the leaks mentioned the Orbal Gear project, I was kind of expecting that to play into the Divine Knight battles.

Tita not being playable shouldn't be a problem if there's a similar character to fill her niche in battle (and chances of that being Machias early on are low if the game's not focusing on old Class VII as much). She doesn't have to be gung-ho on the frontlines if even Agate's concerned about shit going down in Erebonia.

That doesn't look like Agate at all. That's more like someone transposed Shirou Emiya into Trails.
He looks fine, but I think it's a poor promo illustration that undermines the in-game model. I also thought the belt thing was stupid until I looked at his old design with two belts and a tucked-in undershirt...the Sen look's a minor downgrade from what's already silly fashion.

zakujanai

My partner had managed to avoid finding out about Agate and Tita since the teases started. She literally just looked on Twitter and immediately saw RPG site tweet about it. I'm disappointed for her but at least I'm off the hook, very much doubt I'd have been able to last a couple of years without letting slip.

Didn't notice the Orbal gear in that image, throws up some interesting possibilities. Only seen moon door 1 so far but it didn't really look like it'd be much competition for the Soldats.

PK Gaming

I wish Class VIII stuck to 3 people, and the rest of your party was filled out by Liberl characters.

Also Tita looks great, but i'm not really feeling Agate's art style. The artist didn't really capture him for me (I mean he kind of looks like Axe dude, lol).

Squire

Banned
I mean, that's she and Agate both were playable in Liberl is part of the appeal of putting them in a newer game. I want to see what they're like in this version of the combat, with this level of presentation.

Especially when this game has a big interface overhaul and even more mechanics on top of CS2.

Honestly even in the Sora games it kind of bugged me all the contrived reasons they came up with for letting her participate in battles when she wasn't really a combatant even back then.

I wish Class VIII stuck to 3 people, and the rest of your party was filled out by Liberl characters.

But it is a 3 people class~
From the official website.
教官であるリィン自身がひきいることで、さまざまな目的を達成する特務小隊としての活躍が期待されており、そのため、生徒もユウナ、クルト、アルティナの3名のみという小規模クラスになっている。

Might be to leave room for the old Class VII Members tho.

zakujanai

My partner finally saw the screenshots, she's outraged at the blandness of Tita. She said they've taken all of her quirky outfit elements (goggles, dungarees) away and made another boring generic schoolgirl.

Gu4n

My partner finally saw the screenshots, she's outraged at the blandness of Tita. She said they've taken all of her quirky outfit elements (goggles, dungarees) away and made another boring generic schoolgirl.
What made Tita an interesting character in the first place was not her design, nor do I see how changing her design makes her less interesting.

The success of these characters depends on the writing, and while both Cold Steel games have been a step back, I have faith that Takeiri and his people will step up their game to conclude the Erebonia arc.

Preorders are up, by the way!

zakujanai

But her googles are still there...

Yeah I just noticed that myself and showed her, she wasn't really won round though.

What made Tita an interesting character in the first place was not her design, nor do I see how changing her design makes her less interesting.

The success of these characters depends on the writing, and while both Cold Steel games have been a step back, I have faith that Takeiri and his people will step up their game to conclude the Erebonia arc.

Preorders are up, by the way!

I agree that it wasn't the outfit that made Tita a good character (not really one is my favourites but my partner likes her a lot), it just worries me that making her appearance less interesting will be mirrored in her quirky character. Obviously this is based on absolutely nothing so far so hopefully she'll be the same cute little geek from SC.

Also, Agate's pants are weird. Are weird bell-bottoms an Erebonia fashion?

Jiraiza

Any idea if Chara-Ani's going to get their own limited edition boxes? Pre-ordered the KISEKI BOX at Amazon for now.

Edit: Or not, guess those special editions with Chara-Ani were an EVO thing.

Thud

Tita's face isn't that huggable anymore, but I still think the design is pretty cute.Agate seems a bit softer.

Welp, I finished the 3rd and I'm feeling all kinds of things. Love it just as much as FC and SC.

It's ridiculous how good that soundtrack is.

How would they handle Rean's strength in sen 3? Photos shows he almost have the same HP as the students which should not be the case since he is supposed to be way stronger now.

[CS II]
If we could even get Alfin and Towa on the battlefield, I don't see any reason why Tita cannot, even if not as a main party member.
Towa
makes as much, if not more sense than most of Class VII and
Alfin
is just Reverie BS. Got no problems hand waiving her use there.

Vs Tita, who the game acknowledges as having no place on the battlefield is constantly being brought to dangerous locations lol. And worst of all...she's not even good

Towa
makes as much, if not more sense than most of Class VII and
Alfin
is just Reverie BS. Got no problems hand waiving her use there.

Vs Tita, who the game acknowledges as having no place on the battlefield is constantly being brought to dangerous locations lol. And worst of all...she's not even good

I'm just saying that you don't really need any explanation for Tita being playable if you could just also stick her into Reverie-like BS.

[CSII]
Towa is kinda a pet peeve to me. Like, I always assumed that she's gotta be at least competent in a fight because it's a military academy and all, but then all her battle animations are accentuating this sort of a cutesy clumsy mannerism that doesn't have any business in battles.

How would they handle Rean's strength in sen 3? Photos shows he almost have the same HP as the students which should not be the case since he is supposed to be way stronger now.

The same way Sara's stats are not that different from the Class VII students even though she's supposed to be way stronger than them narrative-wise, I suppose.

Tita's face isn't that huggable anymore, but I still think the design is pretty cute.Agate seems a bit softer.

Welp, I finished the 3rd and I'm feeling all kinds of things. Love it just as much as FC and SC.

It's ridiculous how good that soundtrack is.

Agate's face looks way softer because he lost those hot-blooded-manga-character-esque sideburns and ultra-thick eyebrows.

And yar, that the 3rd conclusion actually left me in tears.

I finally finished Trails: FC the other day thanks to the help of cheat engine speed hacks to make the battles go by a bit faster. I've been playing it on and off since it first came out on PC so I'm happy to be done with it.

The ending was such a great tease for SC that I kind of want to jump straight into it. I have an awful lot of questions that I want answers to.

where's your bandana agate? what did you do to your hair agate? You're not the real agate, a scar and a big sword doesn't makes you agate! Damn they failed his design IMO

Tita looks good at least

man i miss the trails in the sky artist

Still haven't finished CS2 but looking at the CS3 characters revealed so far this seems to be quite a departure? I gotta be even more careful with spoilers than usual until I beat the game though it seems that everyone else is just as surprised as I am.

I like Tita's design but Agate seems off to me.

This might be the first time I've clearly seen an in-game Sen model look much better than its promo art. Whoever the Sen artist is, they can't draw a good Agate, and it's bizarre since the design's good despite this.

jman2050

The only thing I want from CS3 right now is (TitS the 3rd minor spoilers)
Valimar vs Tita in the Orbal Gear, grudge match of the century.

Top Bottom