• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

RiouV

A couple of thoughts on the new looks.
I like all of them except Millium but then again I've never really liked her design.
Fie and Elliot's new hair style looks great, especially Elliot with that ponytail.
Machias really looks like a younger Dudley XD
Damn Gaius looks good. I look forward to seeing him have a more important role than in the previous games :)

So, is it me or is that
a stigma marking on Gaius left arm
?

I don't know what it is exactly, but he has had it since the first game.

WUxX3CM.jpg

Wait but Stigmas then are something
you are born with, or are they something that only manifest after living traumatic experience?
Gaius hasn't had that kind experience (yet), so he shouldn't have one (yet).

PK Gaming

SC chapter 8:

WHAT

WHAAAAAAT

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

COL-... RICHARD IS BACK??!?

YEAH GO SPECIAL OPS GO. Annoying bastards were good for something for after all.

EREBONIANS! AND THEY BROUGHT THEIR TANKS.

GENERAL VANDER?! I KNOW WHO THAT IS!

CHANCELLOR OSBORNE?! I KNOW WHO THAT IS TOO (boy he's just no good, isn't he?)

OLIVIER WAS OLIVERT?!

HE'S ACTUALLY A RESPONSIBLE PRINCE WHAT NONSENSE IS THIS.

A-RANK BRACER, CHECK IT OUT (it's actually really cute how Olivert is proud of Estelle for achieving it)

Gu4n

Wait but Stigmas then are something
you are born with, or are they something that only manifest after living traumatic experience?
Gaius hasn't had that kind experience (yet), so he shouldn't have one (yet).
They are dormant until triggered to manifest, but active enough to affect their behaviour (that would explain how Gaius notices supernatural stuff before even Emma) and to be 'felt' by other Dominion (that would explain why Barkhorn kept in touch with him).

Considering we have a handful of the Dominion running around that have had their Stigma manifest off-screen, it would stand to reason that Falcom would like to show the manifestation of one in-game. Considering the Nord's position in the current political climate, nasty things can happen there.

Thud

SC chapter 8:

WHAT

WHAAAAAAT

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

YEAH GO SPECIAL OPS GO. Annoying bastards were good for something for after all.

OLIVIER WAS OLIVERT?!

A-RANK BRACER, CHECK IT OUT (it's actually really cute how Olivert is proud of Estelle for achieving it)

Heh. I was waiting for this.

Jiraiza

Looking at those CS3 character pages, I like that the Class VII members are hanging out with other people, with Rean completely out of the picture. Definitely what I wanted to see. Judging from the Millium and Jusis pages, it looks like they're in frequent contact, too. Hopefully that's the case since I liked their dynamic a lot in CS2.

Olivier and Emma are interesting, though the question is whether this dynamic will be on the level of fun that was Estelle and Olivier.

strifev1

Neo Member
Gah these leaks got me so pumped.
I'm sure this is what they'll be trying to do with this game, but I hope they resolve plots for the CS characters but also bridge the plot to the next arc. Excited to see where the franchise goes next.

Rhapsody

Banned
They are dormant until triggered to manifest, but active enough to affect their behaviour (that would explain how Gaius notices supernatural stuff before even Emma) and to be 'felt' by other Dominion (that would explain why Barkhorn kept in touch with him).

Considering we have a handful of the Dominion running around that have had their Stigma manifest off-screen, it would stand to reason that Falcom would like to show the manifestation of one in-game. Considering the Nord's position in the current political climate, nasty things can happen there.

First thing I thought of when I saw Cero C rating lol
I sort of hope it doesn't happen, for Gaius's sake, but it I wouldn't be surprised if they're setting up for the stigma.

SC chapter 8:

WHAT

WHAAAAAAT

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

OLIVIER WAS OLIVERT?!

CS1 spoilers:
The best thing is when I got to the Highlands in Ch.3 and saw Zechs and went "oh shit..." knowing why that decorated General was there in such a dead-end job from playing them chronologically.

Jiraiza

Finished SC last night. Truly the greatest love story ever told. Viva la canon romances.

ROGmVysl.jpg

That Kevin reveal at the end of SC, though. The difference between his cold-hearted killer mode and his light-hearted mode is something else. In any case, great game. I ended up breezing through the Enforcer fights and last boss because I was overleveled on Normal, so that did kind of remove some of the tension near the end, but I loved Estelle and Joshua's character arcs. Great stuff. Obviously there's a few other characters who still need to be addressed but I'm assuming they'll be taken care of in the Third, which I started for a little bit yesterday night. And Kevin's looking to be a pretty cool protagonist.

Thud

Finished SC last night. Truly the greatest love story ever told. Viva la canon romances.

ROGmVysl.jpg

That Kevin reveal at the end of SC, though. The difference between his cold-hearted killer mode and his light-hearted mode is something else. In any case, great game. I ended up breezing through the Enforcer fights and last boss because I was overleveled on Normal, so that did kind of remove some of the tension near the end, but I loved Estelle and Joshua's character arcs. Great stuff. Obviously there's a few other characters who still need to be addressed but I'm assuming they'll be taken care of in the Third, which I started for a little bit yesterday night. And Kevin's looking to be a pretty cool protagonist.

The 3rd gives everyone some love. Except
Agate
, that guy is screwed for life.

Psxphile

So a piece of Sen-related apparel has apparently confirmed who/what that shadowy figure was behind Rean in the earliest key-art we've seen from way back.

So a piece of Sen-related apparel has apparently confirmed who/what that shadowy figure was behind Rean in the earliest key-art we've seen from way back.

You mean the T-shirt?
I'm still not convinced it's Crow. Ogre-rean would make more sense.

Edit: never mind. Just saw the T-shirt and read the text. Yeah it's definitely
Crow

(Major CS2)
The t shirt? Yeah, it does seem to have Crow's dying words on it. I for one am shocked that the Crow like image turned out to be Crow.

Seems to be using the exact English localisation too.

...You're all going to be in for some...
tough times ahead...
I can't go any farther now...
...but you can... so keep going forward...
Relentlessly, without looking back...

Jiraiza

Looks like bond events are still in CS3 if those scanned pages are anything to go by. Boo. I mean, I knew they were still going to be in, but I had to cling onto the tiny slimmer of hope they would get rid of them. I'll just cross my fingers they removed any semblance of romance in any of them except for Alisa's.

Kalor

Looks like bond events are still in CS3 if those scanned pages are anything to go by. Boo. I mean, I knew they were still going to be in, but I had to cling onto the tiny slimmer of hope they would get rid of them. I'll just cross my fingers they removed any semblance of romance in any of them except for Alisa's.

You're able to carry over decisions from the previous games so the romance elements will probably stay for the ones that had it.

Loz246789

If they *did* do the whole multiple perspectives thing, that could actually mean some really cool things for bonding events. Sad to that Machias isn't showing up in Jusis's bonding events despite their established chemistry? GOOD NEWS! You can control one of them for whatever reason and make them become best buddies/homoerotic rivals/whatever.

This probably won't happen

You're able to carry over decisions from the previous games so the romance elements will probably stay for the ones that had it.
Did they ever detail the carry over system? Like is it a cross platform save patched in CS2 or are they just going for some quiz?
(I'm trying to determine if I should A0 my NG+ too)

Kalor

Did they ever detail the carry over system? Like is it a cross platform save patched in CS2 or are they just going for some quiz?
(I'm trying to determine if I should A0 my NG+ too)

Not yet, only the fact that something is in place. A quiz at the start of the game is probably the easiest option for them.

Guess save transfer to the PS4 version from the PC ports won't be possible regardless of how it works. Although a PC port of CS3 when it gets localised seems like a safe bet anyway.

Guess save transfer to the PS4 version from the PC ports won't be possible regardless of how it works. Although a PC port of CS3 when it gets localised seems like a safe bet anyway.
sometimes I would say porting a save of a PS3 game to PC is possible, but cold steel's save files are a fucking nightmare of randomized locations. The best I can do with them is crack off the security and move them to a new playstation account

There would be scenes of Rean saying things like [CS2]
"what do you think of my jacket, Crow?" while continuing to address the void, to the concern of people around him.

When you try reading through the thread for CSIII media and realize you've forgotten a bunch of terminology ;_; Dominion, Stigma, Artifact, Gralsritter.... guess this one needs to play through TitS:TC and re-read some LPs of previous games to remember >_>

Jiraiza

I guess we'll see. Either way, that shot with Jusis and Millium negotiating with the Duke of Higharms (?) does have me excited. Curse my inner shipper!

When you try reading through the thread for CSIII media and realize you've forgotten a bunch of terminology ;_; Dominion, Stigma, Artifact, Gralsritter.... guess this one needs to play through TitS:TC and re-read some LPs of previous games to remember >_>

All of those terms got focused on heavily in Sky the 3rd, so that's the only one you need, really.

I guess we'll see. Either way, that shot with Jusis and Millium negotiating with the Duke of Higharms (?) does have me excited. Curse my inner shipper!

The official localization calls him Marquis Hyarms. And Jusis-Millium are platonic OTP, true.

Jiraiza

The official localization calls him Marquis Hyarms. And Jusis-Millium are platonic OTP, true.

Oh, oops, looked at the wrong wiki apparently.

On the topic of the Third, a couple hours in and I already dig the dynamic between Kevin and Ries. Shame on him for trying to hit on Estelle and other girls so often, because Ries is insanely cute. And speaking of cuteness, we can't forget about Tita.

klwibCzl.jpg

Erika's a total nutjob, though. Holy moly.

Gu4n

No need. Spoilers for The 3rd, since you can't discuss Church-related terminology without that game:
  • Dominion:
    are special knights among the Gralsritter of the Septian Church. Dominion have been active since circa c. S.200. The requirement in order to promote to the rank of Dominion is the manifestation of a Stigma. No promotion to Knight or even affiliation with the Septian Church is required prior. After the manifestation, another Dominion will invite the one who manifested the Stigma on behalf of the Pope. It is believed that other Dominion are capable of sensing whenever there is a Stigma to manifest. At no point in history, more than twelve Dominion have been active at the same time.
  • Stigma:
    is a supernatural power that raises the physical and magical limits of its host. The Septian Church considers the stigma an engraving upon the soul. Exhausting the power of one's stigma is potentially life-threatening to the host. Every Dominion, a special rank among the Gralsritter of the Septian Church, experienced the stigmatisation. There have never been more than twelve Dominion at a given time in history, meaning that there have never been more than twelve manifested Stigmata at the same time. Dominions can sense potential stigmatisation. It appears two conditions have to met for a stigma to manifest. First, the host needs to be mentally burdened, which usually comes in the form of a trauma. Second, the host needs to be in the vicinity of an artifact.
  • Artifact:
    are essentially ancient orbments created by the ancient civilisations of Zemuria and capable of demonstrating power that exceeds the bounds of human comprehension. They are generally found in ruins across the continent. Although they run on orbal energy just like contemporary orbments, they are operated differently and cannot yet be properly analysed with post-Orbal Revolution technologies. The Septian Church has defined artifacts as "premature gifts from the Goddess" and, through its Congregation for the Sacraments, it claims responsibility for the artifacts' collection and control.
  • Gralsritter:
    is an order within the Congregation for the Sacraments of the Septian Church, responsible for the investigation and retrieval of ancient Zemurian artifacts. The Dominion belong to this.

No need. Spoilers for The 3rd, since you can't discuss Church-related terminology without that game:
  • Dominion:
    are special knights among the Gralsritter of the Septian Church. Dominion have been active since circa c. S.200. The requirement in order to promote to the rank of Dominion is the manifestation of a Stigma. No promotion to Knight or even affiliation with the Septian Church is required prior. After the manifestation, another Dominion will invite the one who manifested the Stigma on behalf of the Pope. It is believed that other Dominion are capable of sensing whenever there is a Stigma to manifest. At no point in history, more than twelve Dominion have been active at the same time.
  • Stigma:
    is a supernatural power that raises the physical and magical limits of its host. The Septian Church considers the stigma an engraving upon the soul. Exhausting the power of one's stigma is potentially life-threatening to the host. Every Dominion, a special rank among the Gralsritter of the Septian Church, experienced the stigmatisation. There have never been more than twelve Dominion at a given time in history, meaning that there have never been more than twelve manifested Stigmata at the same time. Dominions can sense potential stigmatisation. It appears two conditions have to met for a stigma to manifest. First, the host needs to be mentally burdened, which usually comes in the form of a trauma. Second, the host needs to be in the vicinity of an artifact.
  • Artifact:
    are essentially ancient orbments created by the ancient civilisations of Zemuria and capable of demonstrating power that exceeds the bounds of human comprehension. They are generally found in ruins across the continent. Although they run on orbal energy just like contemporary orbments, they are operated differently and cannot yet be properly analysed with post-Orbal Revolution technologies. The Septian Church has defined artifacts as "premature gifts from the Goddess" and, through its Congregation for the Sacraments, it claims responsibility for the artifacts' collection and control.
  • Gralsritter:
    is an order within the Congregation for the Sacraments of the Septian Church, responsible for the investigation and retrieval of ancient Zemurian artifacts. The Dominion belong to this.

God bless your beautiful soul, Gu4n. I will read thoroughly once I finish up TC. I love this series but there is a lot of terminology/events to remember sometimes haha. Still love it though :)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I like
Elliot's
redesign the most

Oreiller

I shouldn't have looked at the new info for Sen III. Getting hyped for a game that won't be localized for at least 18 months is a terrible idea.

Top Bottom