• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The last episode of Naruto aired today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manga's god tier tho

Sure, but at least you know when you're getting filler in Naruto and can just skip it.

The OP anime had major dragging on going on, with events that unfold rather quick in the manga and then take ages in the anime.

Shippuuden tried that too in it's first season with that infinite canyon bullshit, and thankfully went away from it.

That's why I prefer the Naruto anime over the OP one.

Back to topic, I enjoyed most of the recent fillers, probably because they are as already said novel adaptations. It's satisfying to watch the characters in their absolute prime ability-wise at the end.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yeah, it was a nice thing to add, almost makes me want to go back and watch all of the episodes i missed, but then again, i missed everything since Naruto vs Sasuke Version ?, so i have quite a lot to catch up on. But i could also use the time to finally watch Space Dandy S2 or Coboy Bebop >.>

I'll do it sometime

I'm sure

I hope
if you want to watch whatever is after the war arc thr watch the novel adaptions which is what came after thr last war arc after some short filler, and they're canon and take place 2 years after so the all have thwir last designs, theres a general great charscter interaction and development that is orth it, alot of slice of life stuff

was this really a thing

C7tZfBQUwAAhll0.jpg

Arken2121

May sound weird but I'm sad it ended, I really enjoyed it. Was really hoping they would continue a little longer showing Naruto as the Hokage.

I'm not the biggest Naruto fan, but seriously, more effort could have been put into this thread to provide information about what's actually going on.

Naruto vs. Sasuke, the final battle of the manga, and its aftermath were adapted by the anime a while ago. At this point, every single manga chapter was adapted except for the last one, which is an epilogue showing Naruto's son, Boruto.

After that point, the anime started adapting novels and made other anime-original stories. There were three stories (which are more accurately called anime-original, not filler, since there's nothing to fill out), all of which take place after the The Last movie. The first was about Sasuke dealing with a person with another set of magic eyes, and it was pretty alright. The second was about Shikamaru doing actual espionage and other ninja stuff, and I thought it was pretty good. The last is about everyone preparing for Naruto and Hinata's wedding, and there were both hilarious and heartwarming moments. The very last episode is about the day of their wedding.

In the end, Naruto Shippuden never actually adapted the last chapter of the manga.

A Boruto anime will start in April. Although there is a Boruto manga, it is monthly and only recently finished covering the same events as the Boruto movie. Just like Dragon Ball Super, Boruto is expected to be completely anime original, and the manga will be promotion for the anime and not the other way around. Presumably, the last chapter of the Naruto manga will be adapted into the first Boruto episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom