• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Special Edition announced for Europe

There are two special editions? Oh the difference is the LBP Sackboy skins depending on which one you choose. Dualshock 3 skin? I guess that's cool.

7threst

Are you new to Special Editions?

There is absolutely nothing in this special edition worth the extra price. Not even a physical soundtrack. Most special editions have at least something you want. You'd think they would put a little bit more effort in the special edition of the Last of Us.

Endless

IVrajQO.jpg

The Last of Us Survival Edition - $79.99

Full Size Hardcover Art Book by Dark Horse Comics
The Last of Us: American Dreams Comic #1 with Variant cover
Sights & Sounds Pack DLC voucher
Steelbook Metal Box Packaging
Naughty Dog Stickers

ebgames.ca

Animekatt

What is the chance that we will receive a special edition in the US?

Actually...

Full Size Hardcover Art Book by Dark Horse Comics
The Last of Us: American Dreams Comic #1 with Variant cover
Sights & Sounds Pack DLC voucher
Steelbook Metal Box Packaging
Naughty Dog Stickers

All for $79.99. Hope it'll be in the US too.

Doh PSLS is banned here. Here's the info on the EBgames.ca page.

TripOpt55

I'd rather have the artbook than the statue. I'm surprised that for all that extra money you don't get both in the Pandemic one. Well I will be grabbing the Survival Edition. Good price on that one I think.

Jarmel

Banned
Goddamnit.

Shitty statue would make this an auto-no buy but the Ellie and Joel skins...

Still no way due to lack of hardcover artbook but wow this is awful.

Jarmel

Banned
I despise the new trend of statues. Who keeps these things? They're almost never valuable, poorly made, and just take up space.

Remember when they first announced the preorder DLC plans for The Last of Us? The Survival DLC Pack was announced for Gamestop only, so methinks if you preorder the Survival Edition with the artbook from them, you'll still get the DLC with the alternate Joel and Ellie skins that are in the Post-Pandemic Edition.

LiK

i like both US SEs....gaddamit

gonna settle for the Artbook one. i'll wait for reviews for the statue instead.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yikes. Way to destroy any kind of tone and atmosphere set by the SP by having a multiplayer that has these things. Post-apocalyptic world; fighting for survival..and people running around leveling-up.

Yes, you can ignore the MP but this is one of the things that just knowing it exists and there's this version of this 'world' is enough to leave a sour taste in my mouth.
MP in games like this is like "Making of" for movies. It has absolutely nothing to do with the 'world' and is just there for fun, if you want to play it.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Define "full size" art book. If that means DVD case size, I don't think we see eye to eye on the term.

FINALBOSS

Banned
So for the Euro CEs, the Ellie one looks way better than Joel's face.

Since I'm in the US, I'll def be splurging on the Survival one. I can't fucking stand tacky statues and for 20 more bucks I'd say that's a pretty solid deal.

LiK

fuck it, gonna preorder the statue one just in case. if unboxings show the statues are ugly or low quality, i'll just return it.

Dr Dogg

Well sod it pre ordered the US version (I'm a sucker for Steelbooks and proper artbooks). Knowing my luck with GameStop US Royal Mail will have this held at customs for weeks.

Ponn

Banned
$80 artbook sounds great, now that is a LE. Love me some artbooks. Hardcover too with steelbook game case.

I will get just the standard edition. I couldn't care less about multiplayer bonuses and digital content. The artbook is cool, not worth the price for me though

Top Bottom