• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Special Edition announced for Europe

Welp, looks like I'm importing the Survival Edition. It's a tenner cheaper than our Joel/Ellie Editions too, although postage will probably make up for that. Still worth it though.

Seriously, no artbook in the $160 version... That statue better not be another nightmare like the one that came with the UC3 CE.

Order Total: $185.28

Thank goodness for those gamestop giftcards from xmas.

FINALBOSS

Banned
How awesome would it be if the MP in this game worked like the PC games War Z/Day Z.

Sorta run around scavenging for gear/anything you can use. There'd be PvE where there's zombies to kill but then you also have to worry about other players for PvP.

Jawmuncher

Going to wait for the amazon link for the survivor edition.
Post apocalypse seem overpriced especially with no book included.

Interesting offer by one of web stores from UK

Finally, in addition to the Special Edition packs, anyone who pre-orders the standard version of The Last of Us (available from all retailers), will receive the 'Sights & Sounds DLC Pack', as a 'thank you' bonus.

And will both EU and US version get Steelbook? Really don't want normal plastic box, I regret that I bought FC3 Instane Ed. and got shitty plastic box...

Too bad that there's no way for me to order Survivor Ed. from US..

Doomrider

And will both EU and US version get Steelbook? Really don't want normal plastic box, I regret that I bought FC3 Instane Ed. and got shitty plastic box...

Too bad that there's no way for me to order Survivor Ed. from US..

The EU version seems to have a digipak, which I love. But I'd take a steelbook and full artbook than a digipak and a mini-artbook. Why did Axel have to go under...

I'll keep an eye on Play Asia, I guess.

kuppy

:(
The US editions are way better.
Do you know any shops that ship US games to Europe without extra tax/customs (PlanetAxel did this very well)?

May buy just because I have a GAME voucher I need to use before they go under

Whoever decided against making the vouchers redeemable online should be locked up

edit: Multiplayer XP boosters fucking suck, in all circumstances. Its a small example of pay to win when you use that XP to unlock better things

Chuck

Still without luck
This shitty statue in the CE trend should have died years ago. Why on earth do people continue to buy this junk.

Radec

US version; $80 for Survival Edition which includes a full size artbook or $150 for the Post Pandemic Edition (Gamestop exclusive) which includes a statue instead of the book:

8405446329_0d7a0a3984_b.jpg

8405446359_782c6b9a7b_b.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...vival-edition-post-pandemic-edition-revealed/

Now this is more appealing.

Gonna get that steelbook.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
why? Serious question because I have no idea why people react this way. I mean we haven't even seen the MP portion

There are certain trends in MP that I do not like. If fact they have pretty much ruined mp games imo.

So no, I don't know what TLoU mp will be. It could have been anything. But what I know now is that it has these trends that I really dislike, and that kills hype. When the very first thing you hear about the mp is boosters and XP... yeah really stoked now.

I'm tired of this-gen mp. I'm just tired of this CoD-era shit. All the great mp games are fucking gone man, unless you like xp-perk-infused shooters, this shit is just monotone, monotonous, homogenized crap that can't hold together a community more than a couple weeks.

So when a cool game concept rolls around like TLoU and you hear about mp, if you don't immediately wretch from the thought of it probably being shoehorned or worse negatively affecting the sp (Tomb Raider, for example), there's this bit of hope it might be something novel... it might be cool and different. Hit some notes that other games don't. And while it might still be that, the chances are severely diminished when the first goddamned thing you hear about it is melee boosters and xp bonuses! Whoo hoo. Can't wait.

meta4

So excited for this. Is the multi cooperative or competitive?

Either ways ND does multi really well as evidenced by the huge following UC2 and 3 have on the ps3 after COD. Cant wait!

Lime

Well it mentions of the blog that it's going to be available separate but going on past history with Dark Horse that $39.99 probably translates into £39.99/€59.99.

If the book is going to be sold separately I may as well just order it from the US, as Amazon and the likes don't have any restrictions on export of books compared to video games.

Dr Dogg

If the book is going to be sold separately I may as well just order it from the US, as Amazon and the likes don't have any restrictions on export of books compared to video games.

Yeah Amazon.com have been really good for me importing books of various sizes and weights and have lowered the value of items on customs declarations to still qualify as a gift.

As of 2011 the UK changed a lot of commodity codes and the rates upon which HMRC charge for Import Duty (games and consoles are now charged at 0% instead of 2% of the declared value) but if it gets processed you still have to pay Import VAT @ 20% if it's from outside the EU and Royal Mail charge an £8 handling fee.

chrono01

I just pre-ordered the Survival Edition off of EBGames.ca.

The Post-Pandemic version is expensive as hell for what you get. It's hard to tell the quality of the statue, too.

Revven

So excited for this. Is the multi cooperative or competitive?

Nobody knows, ND haven't been wanting to talk about it/reveal it yet. =\

Honestly, if it's anything like UC3 MP I'm not going to play it. If it's like UC2 MP, I'm on board. If it is something unique and interesting, I'll try it out but if I don't like it I'll just ignore it and have fun replaying SP a bunch instead.

I'm hoping for Co-op but I'm led to believe by how the boosters are described it's competitive MP.

godspoken

I've been neglecting to pre-order this game...Definitely getting the artbook edition. The case is better, and the statues included in games are usually pretty terrible.

UrbanRats

I fucking hate mini artbooks.

I'll get the standard game and, eventually, the full sized artbook separately on amazon, if i want it.
Plus i don't like having to choose between the Joel and Ellie cover, i still don't know who i like better (since i haven't played the game yet..)

The US collector is better.

wingz

Damn, a limited edition that is definitely worth its price tag? Count me in for the Survival Edition. A full fledged artbook is a huge plus.

test_account

XP-39C²
There is absolutely nothing in this special edition worth the extra price. Not even a physical soundtrack. Most special editions have at least something you want. You'd think they would put a little bit more effort in the special edition of the Last of Us.
I want the artbook and the comic.

This is pretty standard stuff though. The only thing that is missing to make it fully complete is a statue of some kind. Then you have covered probably 95% of what most collector's editions include.

Not a bad limited edition, I think I'll be picking this one up (Survival).

Glad to see more full sized art books though, those little hardcover pamphlets they usually give out are pretty terrible.

Definitely going Survivor. They're inflating that Post-Apocolyptic price. Come on.

Same for me. Especially since I'm a sucker for artbooks. Doubly so now that they stopped with that mini-artbook crap and are packing in full-size hardcovers.

Also, that statue looks like crap.

Dammit, I'm obsessively awaiting the release of this game, NaughtyDog is my favorite company and I love collecting the statues (have all the AC ones and Uncharted). But $150 is way too much even for me... :(

Replicant

Survival Edition pre-ordered! Dat steelbook + dat artbook. Screw you EB Games Australia for not offering it. I'll be importing from US Gamestop then.

Mik3F

Game.co.uk have the Ellie edition up for preorder. Just under £55. Still too much for me but cheaper than Shopto for the other version

luokyl

Survival Edition pre-ordered! Dat steelbook + dat artbook. Screw you EB Games Australia for not offering it. I'll be importing from US Gamestop then.

How much is Gamespot (Edit: Gamestop!!!) US shipping to Australia? I'm thinking about survival edition, but not keen at all for paying $20+ for shipping.

Edit: I just popped it in myself. $35, I'll be right.

Top Bottom