• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Television Series | Official Teaser Trailer | HBO Max

Inuteu

The tv show will diverge from the games story wise

so, based on those images I assume that Elie will be a grey extraterrestrial, hence her imunity to the fungus

Last edited:
White =! ethnicity

Why are naughty dog trying to spread propaganda that white people live in South America? :pie_thinking:
You know what I'm talking about. When Pedro was cast I had no problems with it because he's a fine actor, but then Gabriel Luna of Dark Fate was cast and I started rubbing my chin.
Altered forms of themselves.
200.gif

Should have been Josh Brolin as Joel, but I can cope with Pedro Pascal too.
He was one of the actors I envisioned within the role. Look at him outside of movies and he's a grizzy weather-beaten dude:

Josh-Brolin-Thanosjpg.jpg

FingerBang

This looks REALLY good. Fingers crossed they don't fuck it up.

And yes, the actress chosen for Ellie is not the prettiest, but she's at least proven to be a capable actress.

I'll watch it, if it's possible legally in the UK.

It looks like Ellie, but her face hasn't been totally drawn in.

Also, I really think Joel should have been a straight down the line American guy. He really loses something not being that.

Liamario

Banned
For the last time:

You don't cast based on looks. You cast based on acting ability.

If someone looks exactly like Ellie but is some generic, shit ass child actor (as most kids are) then she's NOT getting the job.

Christ, gamers. :messenger_pensive:
Agreed. She was very good on Game of Thrones. Also, her normal appearance adds a level of realism that would be impacted negatively by the typical casting of a pretty girl.

taizuke

Perhaps the girl who voiced her in the game?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Johnson_(actress)

But then again they probably couldn't because she is 39 even though she does not look it.

I woulda tried the girl from that Unbelievable Netflix show.

unbelievable_101_unit_01125r-2000.jpg

While watching Booksmart there were times when even the way she spoke reminded me of Ashley Johnson's Ellie.

I will say I think this trailer helps Bella Ramsey a little bit. I liked her performance in GOT too so I'm optimistic.

Last edited:
For the last time:

You don't cast based on looks. You cast based on acting ability.

If someone looks exactly like Ellie but is some generic, shit ass child actor (as most kids are) then she's NOT getting the job.

Christ, gamers. :messenger_pensive:
Not just this...people bringing up their favorite choices and being let down and saying the chosen ones suck is peak internet.

You weren't present when casting happened;
You don't know if your favorite choice was also the producer's favorite choice...but simply the actors couldn't or didn't accept the role.

Like...they aren't blind. They know this actress doesn't look like Ellie from the game.But i'm sure she played her better than their other choices. That's all.

People also laughed at the Joker casting from Nolan's Batman trilogy, or current Batman actually. Or countless others.

Not saying casting always works...but at least she deserves a chance i think.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Not just this...people bringing up their favorite choices and being let down and saying the chosen ones suck is peak internet.

You weren't present when casting happened;
You don't know if your favorite choice was also the producer's favorite choice...but simply the actors couldn't or didn't accept the role.

Like...they aren't blind. They know this actress doesn't look like Ellie from the game.But i'm sure she played her better than their other choices. That's all.

People also laughed at the Joker casting from Nolan's Batman trilogy, or current Batman actually. Or countless others.

Not saying casting always works...but at least she deserves a chance i think.
Yeah honestly I've learned to just ignore internet casting opinions.

I vividly remember people bitching about Bryan Cranston as Heisenberg... Heath Ledger as Joker too. Good lord.

trikster40

Looks amazing, but I think they could have cast Ellie a bit better.. Reserving judgment until I see her acting chops, but she doesn’t have the look.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
on a side note:

Im more pumped for the show now after finding out Barrie Gower is doing the Prosthetics for the infected.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS CGI

Fdl_stOXEAAEZqZ

He did Vecna in Stranger Things S4, amongst others.

Best in the biz right now.

Oh nice, not CGI and instead the use of practical effects? My hype went up some more now.

Last edited:

tommib

On a serious note: looks totally redundant. I know this is just a market expansion move but we’ve seen this series endless times now. It’s just another walking dead/z-nation tv show - now with extra dramatic scenes (cue sad piano). I know HBO is supposed to be give it some seal of quality but I’m less interested in watching this than Resident Evil Netflix or whatever that abomination was called.

Top Bottom