• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Television Series | Official Teaser Trailer | HBO Max

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
PHRblpi.jpg
Is this the Bollywood version?

ChiefDada

Gold Member
I'm having a laugh each time when a leftist journo tries to convice the readers that everyone loves the trailer for how faithful it is compared to the games. In real world literally everyone complains about Ellie's looks and the terrible casting choice.

Objectively false.

When they focused on Bella Ramsey's looks while TLOU tv show turns into a movement.

The trailer is doing insane numbers and tbh I'm very surprised. No way Sony/ND anticipated such positive feedback and engagement.

Pelta88

The trailer is doing insane numbers and tbh I'm very surprised. No way Sony/ND anticipated such positive feedback and engagement.

7 Million views in less than a week is insane for a tv show. And I know a few will sidestep the context and significance of that number in favour for a debate on how Bella Ramsey's looks consider this.

House Of Dragon's first trailer did 17 million views in 11 months.

You can't buy that type of attention. TLOU on HBO is going to be a moment in TV. Similar to TWD.

That giant fucking forehead of hers is so distracting. She'll be mistaken for one of the infected if it gets any bigger.

Couldn't they have cast someone that looks at least half normal?

LOL

I think that girl that played Mike Baxter's youngest daughter in Last Man Standing would have been a good cast for Ellie.

That said I will give the show an initial try but I'm pretty sure Din Djarin, girl from GOT, and Ghost Rider will take me out of it.

GymWolf

7 Million views in less than a week is insane for a tv show. And I know a few will sidestep the context and significance of that number in favour for a debate on how Bella Ramsey's looks consider this.

House Of Dragon's first trailer did 17 million views in 11 months.

You can't buy that type of attention. TLOU on HBO is going to be a moment in TV. Similar to TWD.
Yes, and how many people of these 7 millions wrote their opinions inside forums that we can read?

Because i already watched the trailer 3 times so i'm adding to those numbers but you know what i feel about ellie's casting.

There is interest in the project sure, but calling out gaf for talking shit about quasimodo when you have no idea of what the other 7 millions people think is pretty stupid dude, you can be sure that many tlou fans are not ok with ellie's casting but they just don't share their opinion online (same for people who likes the casting).

You have literally no way to say if people liked the casting or not, only that people are interested in a tlou serial and nobody on gaf ever said otherwise, not me, not slimy not every dude who is shitting on the casting.

Last edited:

Pelta88

Yes, and how many people of these 7 millions wrote their opinions inside forums that we can read?

Because i already watched the trailer 3 times so i'm adding to those numbers but you know what i feel about ellie's casting.

There is interest in the project sure, but calling out gaf for talking shit about quasimodo when you have no idea of what the other 7 millions people think is pretty stupid dude, you can be sure that many tlou fans are not ok with ellie's casting but they just don't share their opinion online (same for people who likes the casting).

You have literally no way to say if people liked the casting or not, only that people are interested in a tlou serial and nobody on gaf ever said otherwise, not me, not slimy not every dude who is shitting on the casting.

I thought that bernard dude would be my first block on gaf. I'm not into calling women outside their name for no actual reason. A look at your posting history means I'll be better served without seeing the manure you keep posting.

Duces

im-out-we-out.gif

GymWolf

I thought that bernard dude would be my first block on gaf. I'm not into calling women outside their name for no actual reason. A look at your posting history means I'll be better served without seeing the manure you keep posting.

Duces

im-out-we-out.gif
Oh no, i'm calling the suicide prevention line as we speak:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

But it is nice that you can't counter the argument so you block the user, unsurprising really.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

“After my first audition, they asked me, ‘have you played it?'” Ramsey told USA Today. “And I said ‘nope,’ and they said, ‘keep it that way’.

The actor, who is known for her work in Games of Thrones and the new film, Catherine Called Birdy, did say that she watched some of the game online.

“I did watch some of the gameplay on YouTube just to get a sense of it,” she explained. “But I’m so excited for it to come out – it was such a big part of my life. I shot for a whole year, which is quite a long time when you’ve only lived for 19 years.

“Pedro [Pascal] wrote a little card to me at the end, saying, “How interesting that something so huge and life-changing should happen so early in your life and so late in mine.” I thought it was a really sweet observation and I just had the best time. ”

Her co-star, Pedro Pascal, kept a similar distance from the source material, only briefly watching his nephew play the game. “I watched for as long as I was able to that day, and then I had to leave Florida,” he recalled in an interview earlier this year.

“I found Joel so impressive – I found the whole of it such a visually impressive experience. And then I got worried that I would want to imitate too much, which I think could be right in some circumstances, and then a mistake in others.”

Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson also had never played The Last of Us when they made the game.

Not a big deal. Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey are both talented as hell, and Neil knows how to direct the performance he wants out of voice actors so I can only assume his involvement will mean the performances, while different, will be satisfying. I have full faith that the TLOU TV show will be at the very least enjoyable.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Do we know if this will be a limited run series, like two or three seasons to tell a tight and compelling story, or are they going to milk it and pad the story for all its worth?

I don't want to watch multi season stuff anymore.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I dont think this show will do what Edgerunners did for Cyberpunk 2077, I enjoyed the show so much I'm willing to give the game try even tho I'm not exactly fan of WRPG.......Mostly to kill that fucking Adam Smaher!

The smartest thing they did in my opinion Edgrunners didn't try to re-tell the story of the base game but instead its own original story within 2077's universe.

3liteDragon

“After my first audition, they asked me, ‘have you played it?'” Ramsey told USA Today. “And I said ‘nope,’ and they said, ‘keep it that way’.

The actor, who is known for her work in Games of Thrones and the new film, Catherine Called Birdy, did say that she watched some of the game online.

“I did watch some of the gameplay on YouTube just to get a sense of it,” she explained. “But I’m so excited for it to come out – it was such a big part of my life. I shot for a whole year, which is quite a long time when you’ve only lived for 19 years.

“Pedro [Pascal] wrote a little card to me at the end, saying, “How interesting that something so huge and life-changing should happen so early in your life and so late in mine.” I thought it was a really sweet observation and I just had the best time. ”

Her co-star, Pedro Pascal, kept a similar distance from the source material, only briefly watching his nephew play the game. “I watched for as long as I was able to that day, and then I had to leave Florida,” he recalled in an interview earlier this year.

“I found Joel so impressive – I found the whole of it such a visually impressive experience. And then I got worried that I would want to imitate too much, which I think could be right in some circumstances, and then a mistake in others.”

xrnzaaas

So they had to change Sarah as well, eh? Not to mention she looks way older and Joel won't have it that easy to carry her. ;)

Top Bottom