• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Remnant PC benchmark program released

Darkpen

Banned
...I'm kinda surprised. I mean, sure, S-E has a few PC titles, but The Last Remnant? Little surprised.

Anyone hear any word on the PS3 version?
 

duckroll

Member
Cool, the official site has info about the additional features that were revealed in Famitsu too.

- In the PC version there's a "high speed mode" for battles, which speeds things up, it doesn't go into detail but it probably just skips all the unneeded animations.

- They also removed the leader limit for forming unions, so the only limitions are the number of unions you can form, and the number of battle members you can have in the game. This seems like it might break the game though, since leaders are so much stronger than normal troops.

- There's a weapon viewer now that shows the 3D model of weapons when you select them in shops or in the game menu. Cool!

- The PC version will also feature dual language text and voice options. You can select text language on a drag-down menu, and seperately you can select if you want english or japanese voices.
 

Erudite

Member
I might pick this up if it's well optimized. I would pick it up for the 360, but technical issues are making me lean to the PC version more.
 

Aeana

Member
duckroll said:
- They also removed the leader limit for forming unions, so the only limitions are the number of unions you can form, and the number of battle members you can have in the game. This seems like it might break the game though, since leaders are so much stronger than normal troops.

This really does sound like it'll break the game. :O
 

Nikorasu

Member
duckroll said:
Cool, the official site has info about the additional features that were revealed in Famitsu too.

- In the PC version there's a "high speed mode" for battles, which speeds things up, it doesn't go into detail but it probably just skips all the unneeded animations.

- They also removed the leader limit for forming unions, so the only limitions are the number of unions you can form, and the number of battle members you can have in the game. This seems like it might break the game though, since leaders are so much stronger than normal troops.

- There's a weapon viewer now that shows the 3D model of weapons when you select them in shops or in the game menu. Cool!

- The PC version will also feature dual language text and voice options. You can select text language on a drag-down menu, and seperately you can select if you want english or japanese voices.

Dual text AND voice! Goddamn! My interest just shot up. Granted I know next to nothing about this game but now I'm definitely going to take a look. I haven't played a decent jrpg in ages.
 

vareon

Member
duckroll said:
Cool, the official site has info about the additional features that were revealed in Famitsu too.

- In the PC version there's a "high speed mode" for battles, which speeds things up, it doesn't go into detail but it probably just skips all the unneeded animations.

- They also removed the leader limit for forming unions, so the only limitions are the number of unions you can form, and the number of battle members you can have in the game. This seems like it might break the game though, since leaders are so much stronger than normal troops.

- There's a weapon viewer now that shows the 3D model of weapons when you select them in shops or in the game menu. Cool!

- The PC version will also feature dual language text and voice options. You can select text language on a drag-down menu, and seperately you can select if you want english or japanese voices.

Oooo yeah. Looks like it's the definitive version :p
 

Xabora

Junior Member
duckroll said:
- The PC version will also feature dual language text and voice options. You can select text language on a drag-down menu, and seperately you can select if you want english or japanese voices.
Ooooh.. I'm so going to have to grab it now since I stalled on getting the PS3 and 360 versions.
 

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Well, now you fuckers have no damned excuse. Buy the GOTY 2008 in 2009.
 

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
BudokaiMR2 said:
Yeah it should have just been raised slightly. Would have addressed the complaints and not broken the game. lol

Dont worry, I'm sorry someone will mod it so you can go old style
 

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
No way in hell this is gonna work on my computer, but I'd rather play it on PS3 anyways so no loss.
 

firex

Member
benchmark for me at max res (1280x1024) fullscreen: 51.77 average fps. the benchmark is so awesome and it solved all my fears that this might be a crappy PC port.

I guess I have to post my PC specs to go along with that benchmark, but it's like a $600 PC:
Core2Duo E6550
8800gt 512mb edition
4gb ram
Vista SP1


it actually ran way worse for me at 1280x720 windowed, so I'm glad it performed nicely the way I'll really play it (fullscreen, max res). If it has any settings I might just max it out if I can maintain a stable 30fps. and if not then who cares, the benchmark was beautiful to begin with.
 

TheExodu5

Banned
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0GHz
8800GT @ 690/1000
4GB Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate (beta)

1680*1050 screen resolution

Average FPS: 64.33fps

----

Game looks good. Not sure if it's a DX10 feature (since this is a UE3 game), but there's definitely a decent level of AA in the benchmark (I'm guessing 4x, but I could be wrong and it could be 2x).

^hmmm firex, you're definitely getting much lower performance than I am. I wonder what the discrepancy is. Maybe CPU speed, or drivers, or Windows 7, or an underpowered PSU.
 

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity



AMD Phenom 9750 OC'ed
ATI Radeon 4850
8 GB ram
Vista Ultimate 64bit

Seems like i should get more than that.
 

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
1280 x 720
86.06 fps.

----
8800gt
vista 32bit
Quad Core Q6600
3 gigs of ram.

I'll try full screen later. Windowed mode keeps me from getting sick off of this monitor though. heh.

Pretty game.
 

TheExodu5

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:



AMD Phenom 9750 OC'ed
ATI Radeon 4850
8 GB ram
Vista Ultimate 64bit

Seems like i should get more than that.

I wonder if firex has Vista x64. Seems like both of you are having similar performance.
 


Windows 7 beta (64-bit)
Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 3.2ghz
4.0GHz DDR2-800 RAM
GTX 260 Core 216 SC
1680x1050


Pretty cool looking game.
It looks like Final Fantasy, right down to the summons. The battle system looks real-time, though... is this coming out for PS3 as well?
 
E6600 @ 3.0GHz
Radeon 4870 1GB
4GB RAM
Windows Vista 64-bit

68.67FPS @ 1920x1200 (monitor's native res)

Pretty nice, seems quite well optimized.
 

Aaron

Member
They should definitely patch the 360 version with some of this. I don't expect Japanese voices, but battle speed up and limit removal on the leaders should be added. At least increase the cap to eight instead of a measly six.
 

Aeana

Member
Revolutionary said:
It looks like Final Fantasy, right down to the summons. The battle system looks real-time, though... is this coming out for PS3 as well?

The battle system is turn-based, they just didn't show any menus in the benchmark. As for PS3, it is/was scheduled to have a PS3 release, but they said they were struggling with it, and there has been no news about it since before the 360 version came out.
 

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Ah, forgot im forcing AA and high quality settings through CCC. Thats all well and good then. That was at 1680x1050 res but i need to run it on my main monitor to see fitheres a big difference(1920x1200).
 

BaZZaa

Neo Member
Revolutionary said:
Pretty cool looking game.
It looks like Final Fantasy, right down to the summons. The battle system looks real-time, though... is this coming out for PS3 as well?

uuhm it's turn based, nothing real-time about it
 
Despite it's flaws, this game was quite amazing and unique in my opinion. Beat it and plan on going through it again. I still don't think the PS3 version is going to materialize in March 2009 like I originally heard, if ever sadly. We will see. They could of at least shown some screenshots of it by now or something.
 
Aaron said:
They should definitely patch the 360 version with some of this. I don't expect Japanese voices, but battle speed up and limit removal on the leaders should be added. At least increase the cap to eight instead of a measly six.



That would be nice. So many leaders in my party, yet only a paltry six slots. The game is challenging afterall, so I don't think too many people would object to that idea.
 

Darkpen

Banned
BaZZaa said:
uuhm it's turn based, nothing real-time about it
to be more specific, the impressions I've gotten from reading bits of the other thread is that its essentially a SRPG, which is just awesome.
 

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Darkpen said:
to be more specific, the impressions I've gotten from reading bits of the other thread is that its essentially a SRPG, which is just awesome.

No. It's definitely not an SRPG. There are some very mild aspects of it in that you control multiple parties, but it plays out much like any other turn based JRPG.
 

Aaron

Member
Sinatar said:
No. It's definitely not an SRPG. There are some very mild aspects of it in that you control multiple parties, but it plays out much like any other turn based JRPG.
It doesn't play anything like any other turn-based RPG I've played before, with the possible exception of Ogre Battle and even that's stretching it. It's really not easily comparable to other RPGs. You don't have 20 playable characters on the field at once in FFX.
 

Aeana

Member
TLR is definitely a pretty unique game. I really enjoyed it a lot, but it's also not for everybody. I hope the people for whom the technical issues were a barrier will be able to enjoy it on the PC. It really didn't deserve the treatment it got from reviewers.
 
Sinatar said:
No. It's definitely not an SRPG. There are some very mild aspects of it in that you control multiple parties, but it plays out much like any other turn based JRPG.


I would say it is a hybrid of a strategy game and a turn based RPG.
 

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
It's a turn based Warhammer 40k without manual movement, if that makes any sense to you.
It is also awesome.
 

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Have they said anything about bringing FF XIII to PC as well?
 
Top Bottom