• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (Wii, Mistwalker x Nintendo) Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksamedi

Delicious news. I liked both Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. Somehow I have a feeling this will be something unique. I'm really hoping for a truly fresh experience.

RpgN

The music is just :eek: *hype through the rough* Lost Odyssey is a good game but technically the engine wasn't suited for the game, with the wii that might be less of a concern and they can use the full power of the wii while still being a little limited= creative mind at full force. We need more details NOW!!!

jay

Mael said:
We're talking Wii here so it's 90% a 3d game so we can rule out Br² and Camelot,
both never made anything 3d of note (ok not Camelot but they're making Golden Sun now)

Camelot never made anything of note in 3D?

I don't like you.

gamergirly said:
Rumble was funny too when it first came out

I was on board for that from the start.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Sakaguchi says his new game explores stupid humanistic potsmoker musings about feelings and you're worried something's going to be different about this game?

Oh no, just thoughts of using the Wii wand in one hand, and a vitality senor hooked up to the other just doesn't sit well with me. It could be a hit, who knows? I'm just saying I'm going to hold off getting completely hyped for it, because it may not be something I'm 100% for.

Hmm maybe the :lol was the wrong smiley to use.

Lando Jones said:
I was on board for that from the start.

Oh no, just thoughts of using the Wii wand in one hand, and a vitality senor hooked up to the other just doesn't sit well with me. It could be a hit, who knows? I'm just saying I'm going to hold off getting completely hyped for it, because it may not be something I'm 100% for.

Hmm maybe the :lol was the wrong smiley to use.

Should be quite natural

akachan ningen said:
Is the name supposed to be a joke?

It's actually a play on "Final Fantasy" if you really think about it

gamergirly said:
It's actually a play on "Final Fantasy" if you really think about it

yeah, that's what I was talking about.

Is it supposed to be a joke or are they trying to seriously imply it's a FF killer? I was asking facetiously, of course. Because who here would know that?

akachan ningen said:

Is it supposed to be a joke or are they trying to seriously imply it's a FF killer? I was asking facetiously, of course. Because who here would know that?

Have no idea. It's Sakaguchiman

PSGames

akachan ningen said:

If one man can do it it's Sakaguchi. He came close with Lost Odyssey it just needed more polish.

darkwings

Banned
thefro said:
These two games (plus Tales of Graces) go a long way towards plugging that hole in the system's software library.

It really does. As long as Graces gets a US release I can now die happy.

Hobbun

Cow Mengde said:
Have you guys forgotten about Arc Rise Fantasia?

I haven’t. One of my most anticipated releases.

Green Scar said:
Just to clarify, there's no way in hell that Dragon Quest X won't join this motley lot this year, right?

It’s possible, I guess. Edit: Oh wait, you said X. I was seeing IX and thought you were talking about a NA release. Not a chance this year for X. As someone indicated below, we might see mention of it at TGS 2010. But I wouldn’t expect it at least another year or two (in Japan).

Green Scar said:
Just to clarify, there's no way in hell that Dragon Quest X won't join this motley lot this year, right?

That will be an announcement in itself. For some people, bigger than E3 :lol

PSGames

So I'm guessing this was art from the new game?

fujisakaa.jpg

amishpriest99 said:
It's turning out to be a pretty good year for the Wii. Loved Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon, so I can't wait to play this.

Yep it's great being a multiplatform owner. :D

thefro

LegendofJoe said:
Nintendo is going to have one heck of an E3 this year. These 2 announcements, what they announced at last year's show, Zelda, Retro's project, and in addition a possible hinting of what's to come with the next DS. It should be fun that's for sure.

Wow, I forgot about Retro's project likely being ready.

Don't forget the game Sakurai's new Project Sora studio is working on. They should be ready to show a teaser at least by E3.

Green Scar said:

I'd expect a teaser at TGS 2010, but no game until 2011/2012.

wRATH2x

Banned
I love how the name and logo looks very similar to a certain major franchise!

Anyway looking forward to it, but damn do I want Lost Odyssey 2 :(

Host Samurai said:
LO does not need a sequel IMO. Just make a new JRPG that uses the same battle system but change the setting a bit.

That is definitely the exact opposite of what someone should do with LO.

akachan ningen said:
Is the name supposed to be a joke?

I don't know if joke is exactly the right word for it, but the Amano-ripoff logo, Uematsu music, and name together are either representative of a tongue firmly in cheek or some really serious brass balls. :lol

Takao

Banned
Did Kaz or Yoshida run over Sakaguchi's dog on the way to PDigital for Gran Turismo or something?

Green Scar said:

I'd say 2011 is a stretch, lol.

Wrath2X said:
Anyway looking forward to it, but damn do I want Lost Odyssey 2 :(

There's always next time. :(

Game sounds/looks interesting and I'll definitely be following it though.

I imagine the initial info will be in the next Famitsu (or something)?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
B.K. said:
There's no point in getting interested in it. Nintendo won't release it here.

That's why they trademarked it in N.A and Europe.

I would be pleasantly surprised if NOA localizes both this and Xenoblade, and not particularly surprised if they fail to localize either. Regardless of trademark filings, NOA's shittiness cannot be underestimated.

Instro

A pretty big shot in the arm with this and Xenoblade, in terms of Wii rpgs. Now then, all we need is DQX...and all 3 at E3 and we are set:lol

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
What's the percentage chance that the development team Mistwalker will leverage for the heavy lifting could be... Nintendo?

:O

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So question time:

Will the IP be co-owned by Nintendo and Mistwalker, like Sin and Punishment is between Nintendo and Treasure, or is it solely Mistwalker's property? Same question for Xenoblade and Monolithsoft.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Regulus Tera said:
So question time:

Will the IP be co-owned by Nintendo and Mistwalker, like Sin and Punishment is between Nintendo and Treasure, or is it solely Mistwalker's property? Same question for Xenoblade and Monolithsoft.
I think we can pretty much be guaranteed that Nintendo owns both IPs.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Regulus Tera said:
So question time:

Don't know the former, but Monolithsoft is owned by Nintendo.

Johnny Utah said:
Hope this doesn't mean Lost Odyssey 2 and Blue Dragoon 2 aren't coming.

If so, Microsoft are a bunch of retards, fucking hate you.

Mistwalker as a company is like 3 people. They can't handle more than one project at a time.

wRATH2x

Banned
Johnny Utah said:
Hope this doesn't mean Lost Odyssey 2 and Blue Dragoon 2 aren't coming.

If so, Microsoft are a bunch of retards, fucking hate you.
Lost Odyssey 2 times a billion!!

I remember it selling very well in america. How did it do?

Wow. This is quite something to wake up to. I hope it at least resembles a party turn based game in some way. Even if it doesn't, I'm incredibly interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom