• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Late Show with Stephen Colbert |OT| Beginning September 8th - 11:30/10:30c

Status
Not open for further replies.

dLMN8R

Colbert is a man that unironically owns an Apple Watch, he was never exactly gonna rip into Tim Cook.

I remember seeing him wear one on some of the preview clips on YouTube, but then noticed his wrist last week and he was wearing an ordinary non-smart-watch.

I remember seeing him wear one on some of the preview clips on YouTube, but then noticed his wrist last week and he was wearing an ordinary non-smart-watch.
A smart watch isn't the most useful thing when you're busy hosting a TV show. That would be for everyday life.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Just caught last night's episode. That Hunger Games segment was pitch perfect. The dome projector just paid for itself.

big ander

I've never been a late night person—pretty much just watch clips & musical performances—but I'm liking mildly keeping up with this so far. still don't watch live but I'm watching most of each ep. Usually the part that I skip with any talk show is everything pre-interviews, but he not-a-monologue monologue at the outset and the Report-esque segments after work great. Interviews I've watched have been great and spontaneous, same for musical performances. anybody putting more of k.dot and RTJ on screen is doing more than enough good to outweigh any affiliation with jack white

It appears this is a common opinion: the one biiiig flaw is the band. they aren't very good, don't sound energetic, when they do talk it's clunky. Colbert needs to find a way to work them into segments and make them endearing fast.

Looks like the Broad City women are bumped off Wednesday's show. What a bummer.

bummer! Hope they drop in sooner rather than later.

Bernbaum

This show didn't take long to find its rhythm and chemistry.

Everything about this Spacey bit makes it feel like Colbert has been captaining the ship for ages.

Some of these interview cuts are still a little rough. Have to imagine that they'll figure it out as they go along. (same thing with the band)

People who don't know Carol Burnett are missing out on one of the queens of comedy.

Holy shit LOL. Was eating breakfast watching the show. Dude..that
gay upgrade
joke make me come on my sandwich. Colbert is too much.
I just read this and I couldn't stop laughing. Damn it, I woke my wife up laughing.

My PVR stopped recording a few seconds before the end. Did Colbert make a joke about Trevor Noah? I got to "my guest will be The Daily Show's new host--"

lednerg

Nope, just to say he's on tomorrow night.

Bumped Naomi Watts, I guess?

Jon Stewart’s successor will visit the CBS late-night series along with UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon and musical guest Chris Stapleton, replacing Naomi Watts, who was originally billed to appear.​

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/stephen-colbert-trevor-noah-late-show-guest-1201595095/

Worded that way, I guess I can't 'blame' it on Noah. So that's cool. I'm thrilled to see what he's like on one of these shows. But Watts has been one of my favorite actors ever since Mulholland Drive, my favorite film. I'm sure Stephen will make it up to her. Same goes for the Broad City cast, for that matter.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Love the ear pull with Carol Burnett.

I like the subtle change to the theme music

Oh... This whole bit is just heartwarming... I can't stop smiling. You can just see how touched Carol was.

This show has already provided me with many feels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom