• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The leaked Podesta Emails have a lot of stuff about ETIs and UFOs in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirk

It disappoints me that this was even posted, much less talked about for 3 pages.

Come on people.

If there is one thing that people in DC like to make fun of, it's people who believe in government conspiracies. Everyone you meet there is "so this is where we control the weather" and "here is where we keep the alien that killed JFK"

Just....stop

We got one!

only a lizard person would use 50pp

resized_ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-i-m-not-saying-it-was-aliens-but-it-was-aliens-1824f9.jpg

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I dunno why people are snagging on the idea that wikileaks faked these emails (why these ones, that nobody except fringe loonies will care about, and not actually major stuff?) when the much simpler explanation is that people in government are a mix of types just like every other group of people and so of course there are going to be conspiracy theorists and UFO true believers in the government too. Fictional anecdotal evidence: Mulder was an FBI agent!
Or you know. There might be some truth behind it.

EGM1966

My view is pretty much what it always is. People are just people and they can and do believe pretty batty stuff whether they work in Taco Bell or are senior officials.

I don't have issue with idea of aliens and entertain the thought of alternate dimensions but I'm not convinced our fairly inept societies and elected and senior officials are involved in hush hush conspiracy theories.

If they were here I feel we'd probably know about it.

But I admit it's a lot of fun to consider the alternative.

blackw0lf

John Podesta has been open about his interest in UFOs, and it wouldn't surprise me he would either have people reaching out to him based on that, or willing to talk to people that might seem a little on the fringe.

Doesn't mean he actually believes everything being told to him.

The real question is where does the PentaGod fit into this?

In all seriousness, could you imagine the levels of Speciesism Trump would display if this is real? Forget Mexicans, he'd go Nixon from Futurama.

Are the full headers included because the domain key related header stuff is a massive pain to fake would take a cryptographic expert to do it right and the other email he denied sending checked out.

Toxi

Banned
Nanomachines in our blood could eradicate disease and catch cancer decades before it became a problem. 3d printing or growing organs could extend life decades as well. The last thing we have to do for immortality is to solve the human brain (which does wear out). If we can transplant consciousness then we can have immortality.
Nanomachines are not magic. They are a tool, just like any other. They will be used for treating some diseases; they will hardly "eradicate disease". They will also continue to be specialized and simple.

Transplanting consciousness is a pipe dream. We can't comprehensively simulate a few hundred cells of a roundworm's neural system, let alone the clusterfuck of over 80 billion neurons that is the human brain.

I dunno why people are snagging on the idea that wikileaks faked these emails (why these ones, that nobody except fringe loonies will care about, and not actually major stuff?) when the much simpler explanation is that people in government are a mix of types just like every other group of people and so of course there are going to be conspiracy theorists and UFO true believers in the government too. Fictional anecdotal evidence: Mulder was an FBI agent!

Ding ding ding. We like to think of government as full of empty suits but even entrenched institutions are not monoliths. There are diverse people with diverse ideas. Some of them happen to believe in some relatively kooky stuff, or at least have an open mind to the possibility. Entertaining the possibility that we've been in contact with aliens is more reasonable than a lot of the stuff some of our elected officials try to espouse to us.

Or you know. There might be some truth behind it.

If there is, it's a truth they're seeking, but don't seem to have any concrete evidence for yet.

Darkangel

Could you imagine if Tom Delonge was actually right about everything?

Just imagine if he was the one to leak out concrete evidence of Alien contact.

This is wonderfully bonkers. Probably fiction, though - either just some goofy emails that were sent around between UFO fans or inserted in for fun UFO conspiracy pranking.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This is wonderfully bonkers. Probably fiction, though - either just some goofy emails that were sent around between UFO fans or inserted in for fun UFO conspiracy pranking.

Its funny because conspiracy theories 99.9% of the time are pure insanity, however I think people brushing this off as "faked" are doing the whole "sheeple" thing here and just jumping the gun.

What I mean by that is that assuming the emails are faked or a ruse without any background on whose involved is short sighted.

o-PODESTATWEET-570.jpg

Podesta is a well known UFO enthusiast. My take is that he's likely just a massive enthusiast on the side. I mean he's communicating with Delonge for Christ sake. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he posted on UFO forums as well. That doesn't mean everyone else takes him or that subject serious.

commedieu

Banned
Its funny because conspiracy theories 99.9% of the time are pure insanity, however I think people brushing this off as "faked" are doing the whole steeple thing here and just jumping the gun.

What I mean by that is that assuming the emails are faked or a ruse without any background on whose involved is short sighted.

o-PODESTATWEET-570.jpg

Podesta is a well known UFO enthusiast. My take is that he's likely just a massive enthusiast on the side. I mean he's communicating with belonged for Christ sake. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he posted on UFO forums as well. That doesn't mean everyone else takes him or that subject serious.

This is what I was about to post. Its more realistic that he is serious about these emails, than some random ruskie trolling ufos, specifically in wikileaks designed to cripple hillary and boost comrade trump. OR the notion that hes LOL`ing and wasting government time to troll Jim Greer and the disclosure folks or astronauts. I believe these emails are real. The only evidence of this treaty, is verbal though. So, thats the end of that discussion. No matter how high people are in our government or private life, you need more than verbal testimony these days.

Looking forward to that zero point energy :)

If there was a secret power source zero point would be a candidate..it's one of the top unsolved conundrums in quantum mechanics and there are experiments showing the lack of understanding there. Feynman was interested in it. The difference between reality and theory is supposedly more orders of magnitude than statements like "the observable universe on paper is a single particle". Just the kind of thing an alien species might know more about :)

Zeke

Crazy hat time.

What if the government has know about aliens for a long time and has been seeding popular culture with tidbits of truth for decades to prepare the public for inevitable disclosure?
Heh funny enough I've heard of this theory before. Actually doesn't sound like a horrible way to go about it.

LordKasual

Banned
Zero Point Energy, eh. What a waste.

Why didn't he clue him in on the latest breakthroughs in the gravitron shielding levitation engine. At least then we could have flying cars.

OP, it was obvious from the first line that this was entirely a joke. You don't suddenly discuss 'zero point energy', a complete sci-fi fabrication, in a serious manner without science being aware of it. Furthermore, the Vatican doesn't mean dick when applied to US national security, or any other nation (Vatican City is its own state, and thereby completely irrelevant to any other state).

But I digress from the obvious joke using vague mumbojumbo. There is also a good chance it is not meant as a joke, but rather to further destabilize individuals who are already overly suspicious of the state, which would very much be something Russian involvement in Wikileaks (let's not pretend anymore that Wikileaks isn't that at this point) would be interested in.
So this is only a joke if you don't consider it a purposeful misinformation campaign, aimed at suggestible individuals. There's a reason the alt-right thrives on conspiracy theories: you never have to prove them since they're all bullshit, but it destabilizes people's understanding of the world to a sufficient degree for them to be susceptible to fear and "I will release you from fear" pop vox tactics.

It's the literal definition of fear-mongering if people used that word correctly.

If the 'easier solution' here is that this person is a representative elected to government, that person should not be in government. But that's basically all Republicans anyway.

Honestly, if aliens were real, and have visited us, what would change? We clearly have not advanced from their technology, and if the US military is holding some of it's secrets underhand for a dramatic reveal, that shit has taken too long. People would still starve, Russia would still be the worlds anus, and Assasins Creed would still be released every year.

FStop7

Banned
Remember, our nonviolent ETI from the contiguous universe are helping us bring zero point energy to Earth.

They will not tolerate any forms of military violence on Earth or in space.

I feel like this either has to be either word substitution for the purpose of obfuscation or simply a hoax/forgery.

"They will not tolerate war and weapons in space"
Holy shit, these aliens would be stupid to trust us to be nonviolent. Totally fake, but funny to read.

This thread is such a trap. Daring me to express an opinion about the credulity of the OP and others.

The truth is out there, it might have come from Wikileaks and Tom DeLonge of Blink 182 might be about to blow this thing wide open.

"She was great in that format, really relaxed and kept to the message. The UFOs didn't come up, haha". Yep, this could have happened too.

I'm not saying it was idiots, but it was idiots.

MogCakes

I just had an epiphany. Hillary is actually an ambassador of ETIs that have been in contact with the US government. The talk with Bernie before the DNC primary was actually to reveal herself and convince him to concede. The ETIs realized Russia was interfering with the election via Trump and were determined to do something about it. We are looking at an incredibly historic event in Earth's history, the confrontation between ETIs and a disguised coup force attempting to sow the seeds of chaos that would carry on the work of Brexit. Aliens are saving us and we don't even know. If Hillary wins the election, Obama will pass on the emeralds and Hillary will use them to unlock zero point energy for the planet and take us to the next level of civilization. After that, what happens next is anyone's guess...

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
#TeamReal

I don't know why there is a debate on the validity of these emails... The emails are real, the source is Podesta. Just type into google, John Podesta UFO. I posted a tweet above.

He doesn't keep his UFO fanaticism secret. It doesn't mean he has access to a treasure trove of "secret" government info or that any of these people he's talking with are any different than you or I in a sense that, he's just talking about information he believes to be true, but that doesn't make it fact. As I said above HE TALKS WITH TOM FREAKING DELONGE. Dude is so open about getting the UFO files released and talks about it publicly. He's just your typical UFO nut, only he has a position of SOME power, not significant.

Again the source here isn't breitbart or ATS, dude is open about it, and plenty of people have thought it was strange, but he mostly keeps quiet about it when it matters.

The full headers are not easy to forge.

Received: by 10.25.43.200 with SMTP id r191csp2039398lfr;
Tue, 18 Aug 2015 05:30:38 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 10.68.249.36 with SMTP id yr4mr12847915pbc.18.1439901037721;
Tue, 18 Aug 2015 05:30:37 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <terribillionairs@aol.com>
Received: from omr-a009.mx.aol.com (omr-a009e.mx.aol.com. [204.29.186.49])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id cp8si30173249pdb.101.2015.08.18.05.30.35
for <john.podesta@gmail.com>
(version=TLSv1 cipher=RC4-SHA bits=128/128);
Tue, 18 Aug 2015 05:30:37 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of terribillionairs@aol.com designates 204.29.186.49 as permitted sender) client-ip=204.29.186.49;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of terribillionairs@aol.com designates 204.29.186.49 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=terribillionairs@aol.com;
dkim=pass header.i=@mx.aol.com;
dmarc=pass (p=REJECT dis=NONE) header.from=aol.com
Received: from mtaout-mbe01.mx.aol.com (mtaout-mbe01.mx.aol.com [172.26.254.173])
by omr-a009.mx.aol.com (Outbound Mail Relay) with ESMTP id 870AB3800056;
Tue, 18 Aug 2015 08:30:34 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from TerriPC (ip68-98-49-144.ph.ph.cox.net [68.98.49.144])
(using TLSv1 with cipher AES256-SHA (256/256 bits))
(No client certificate requested)
by mtaout-mbe01.mx.aol.com (MUA/Third Party Client Interface) with ESMTPSA id 4F03538000091;
Tue, 18 Aug 2015 08:30:27 -0400 (EDT)
To: john.podesta@gmail.com
CC: esepp@equitablegrowth.org, eryn.sepp@gmail.com
Subject: email for John Podesta c/o Eryn re Space Treaty (attached)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 05:30:23 -0700
Message-ID: <009301d0d9b1$a87a98f0$f96fcad0$@aol.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0

How hard is to forge the headers? hard:

Pretty hard. Slightly oversimplified, DKIM makes a SHA-256 hash of
the message body, then another SHA-256 hash of the interesting
headers, one of which includes the body hash, and then puts an RSA
signed version of that second hash in the signature.

The verification key is in the DNS. Gmail's DKIM keys are not DNSSEC
signed, but since the key used for the gmail-to-gmail messages is the
same one that has been used for hundreds of billions other outgoing
gmail messages over the past four years, it'd be pretty obvious if
someone changed it.

In order to forge the headers you would need access to the DKIM keys and they
belong to google.

In this case it's well documented that bad guys phished John Podesta
and took over his account to download all of his mail. There is no
evidence of a compromise at gmail itself.

and

Also, while Jon is correct that the design of DKIM allows anyone to
sign anything, in practice, gmail doesn't let one gmail user send mail
as another. The chances that a signed gmail-to-gmail message is not
what it appears are very low unless you believe that someone has
stolen the DKIM signing key and nobody at Gmail has noticed and
rotated to a new key.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I just had an epiphany. Hillary is actually an ambassador of ETIs that have been in contact with the US government. The talk with Bernie before the DNC primary was actually to reveal herself and convince him to concede. The ETIs realized Russia was interfering with the election via Trump and were determined to do something about it. We are looking at an incredibly historic event in Earth's history, the confrontation between ETIs and a disguised coup force attempting to sow the seeds of chaos that would carry on the work of Brexit. Aliens are saving us and we don't even know. If Hillary wins the election, Obama will pass on the emeralds and Hillary will use them to unlock zero point energy for the planet and take us to the next level of civilization. After that, what happens next is anyone's guess...

Obama's promise to Michelle was actually... For us?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Tom Delonge being involved ruins all credibility in anything eti related for me.

It absolutely does. As I've been saying Podesta is simply a UFO nut. He's likely a member of the ATS forums and probably posts on ufo enthusiast forums as well. That being said I don't question the validity of the emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom