• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Leftovers S3 |OT| The End Is Near - Premieres Sunday 4/16, 9pm on HBO

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
God was the guy from the bridge in International Assassin right? What's the connection?

Possible mundane explanation: Kevin remembered seeing the news story about the decathlete who died and then came back to life and his hallucinating brain filled in his face when he felt that he was talking to someone important in the "afterlife"

Possible supernatural explanation: When Banner died rock climbing, he went to purgatory hotel and was so damn good at karaoke that they made him God.

Possible mundane explanation: Kevin remembered seeing the news story about the decathlete who died and then came back to life and his hallucinating brain filled in his face when he felt that he was talking to someone important in the "afterlife"

Possible supernatural explanation: When Banner died rock climbing, he went to purgatory hotel and was so damn good at karaoke that they made him God.

Considering Kevin has died multiple times, we're a little past the point of mundane explanations

In my head, it was "real" in that Kevin definitely encountered the actual David Burton there, who let's remember, was kind of a prick both times Kevin saw him.

I think the first time they crossed paths, on the Jarden bridge, David was new to that "world", but by the time Kevin came back the second time, David had crossed back and forth several times, and was super comfortable hanging at the bar of the hotel.

CloudWolf

That was a great episode, I loved "God" haha

This season has been nuts. 3 episodes left? Divisive series ending incoming.

Oh shit, I didn't even realize there were only three left. It doesn't feel like the season is anywhere close to ending.

EDIT: Wow, I didn't realize Burton was the same dude as in International Assassin and apparently in an early S02 episode there a tv newsreporter states that Burton says he went to a hotel when he died. So maybe he wasn't bullshitting?

Damon posted an upclose of the card Burton was handing out:
18444871_131837240698288_1337841738147954688_n.jpg

Roussow

As a Tasmanian its nice to see it called out (albeit briefly) in one of my favorite shows, funnily enough Tasmania featured prominently in one of last years best picture nominees, that film was Lion. It's all connected.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Man, episode ending on a literal bang. Got a "Will people listen to fucking Matt already?" vibe. Matt bringing Gods judgment.

That...that was an interesting episode.

It didn't really do much in terms of plot advancement (if you can say there is a plot at this point), but it was still engaging and I didn't feel like I could just skip it.

So I'm rewatching season 2 before I start season 3, quick question: how is seaon 3 so far? Does it look like it will be as phenomenal as season 2? Any thoughts without spoilers?

So far this season isn't holding up as well as season 2 did. I really didn't like season 1 at all, but season 2 elevated this show for me. Season 3 isn't furthering my excitement or love for it, but I suppose there's still time to get there. We'll see with the final 3 eps.

PolishQ

Yeah, this season feels like an epilogue so far. It's very good, but lacks the clear inciting event and resulting narrative through-line that season two had.

Ogni-XR21

Maybe I missed it in the last episode but was there a reason that the guy launching the nukes had to do this with his clothes off? So the others could not grab him by his clothes?

Top Bottom